Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 World Cup??
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 47
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
World Cup?? - May 17, 2006 06:03
So who do you think is going to win the World Cup?
Well my money is on Brazil because with players like Ronaldinho, Adriano and Kaka how can they not win. They have such attacking BRILLIANCE, they are sure to win.

Anyway who do you think will win it??
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: World Cup?? - May 17, 2006 07:01
*Routine initiated*
*Auto response function is called*
*Input subject(World Cup)*
*If Local country(Canada) is not eligible for World Cup, then output...*

Of course, Italy has a good chance. Their local talents are great, and will be sure to take them far.

Honestly though, could you guys imagine me thinking Canada could ever go all the way? They can' t even seem to qualify yet! Then again, Canada is more of a hockey, curling, basketball, and NA style football type country than a soccer country. Not enough good soccer programs... wait, there is no good soccer program!
< Message edited by vdig -- 16 May 06 18:02:02 >
Duffman

RE: World Cup?? - May 19, 2006 07:15
Yeah Italy do have a good chance.

As for Canada well as you said a country where ice hockey is so popular its hard for ye to have a decent soccer team but you never know, maybe in a few years. Even if they did qualify you couldn' t really expect them to win it. It also depends what qualifing group your in, like look at the USA because lets face it they have a relatively easy group to get out of, teams like Costa Rica aren' t what you call world class, the hardest team they played was Mexico and even they arent that great. While we Ireland had to play France and Switzerland in our group which unfortunately we did not qualify but we have qualifed for 3 world cups so far which isn' t to bad for a small country.

Are we the only 2 people on this forum who follows soccer!! Like come on its one of the worlds most popular sports and the world cup is the biggest sporting event in the world (well maybe the olympics are but its pretty damn close).

Come on there must be more soccer fans out there!!!!!

vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: World Cup?? - May 19, 2006 10:50
Perhaps it is because the EVERYTHING ELSE section of Kikizo is soooo slow in comparison to the topics in the VIDEOGAMES section. You know, if we linked said topic in the games section, and junctioned it with comparing AI only World Cup from a new World Cup video game title to what we would really expect this year, the replies would be far swifter. Maybe.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: World Cup?? - May 19, 2006 18:53
Yeah I think brazil (again) or argentina, heck considering how far tunisia got last time i' d probably watch them too.
tkrunner

• Total Posts : 3
RE: World Cup?? - Jun 19, 2006 11:40
Brazil fro sure is going to win but Germany and also Argentina have a good chance. After the amazing performance of Portugal at the Euro Cup we should see good games from them. Italy? Did you see them at Euro? They got shattered by coutries that don' t even have natural grass! They played like shit just trying to physically attack players on the field and playing like crap!They went to the World Cup to collect red cards and check out the other team' s players! How cou
ld they tie with the U.S.? The Americans find it a kids sport so not many people play soccer there so there teams aren' t supposed to be that good. Canada has an amzing women' s team in soccer but not that great when it comes to the Men' s team. In a few years maybe we will see a change.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: World Cup?? - Jun 19, 2006 18:47
So when does this " World Cup" thing start?
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: World Cup?? - Jun 19, 2006 21:18
....am i the only one who' s been actually watching it?...

...BRAZIL SUCK!!!...

...at least this year they do.... ....and can you guess which fat-a$$ed, hasbeen-player ate all the pies?...

...anyway, the smart people are backing Argentina...

...i suppose it could be worse for Brazil though....

...they could be France......
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 19 Jun 06 13:23:56 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: World Cup?? - Jun 19, 2006 23:13
Fatboy Ronaldo?? Hehe.. Isn' t Kaka a saint or something? He never fouls and
never argues..
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: World Cup?? - Jun 20, 2006 23:14
I think if Ronaldo lost some of the wieght that he put on, his game would improve again, I think he' s too out of shape to be effective.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: World Cup?? - Jun 20, 2006 23:38
England vs Sweden today!

Sweden for the win!
ginjirou

RE: World Cup?? - Jun 21, 2006 01:32
England vs Sweden, cool. Is it like some kind of competition going on right now?
I like tennis, is it tennis? That' d be great.
Nitro

RE: World Cup?? - Jun 21, 2006 04:35

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

England vs Sweden, cool. Is it like some kind of competition going on right now?

Erm...
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: World Cup?? - Jun 21, 2006 05:07
1-0 to England..

As much as I don' t like |England, I will fly a little flag...

yay....
tkrunner

• Total Posts : 3
RE: World Cup?? - Jun 21, 2006 06:02
England has an amazing team especially with Rooney starting for them, and of course the always crowd favouriter Bechkam!
Duffman

RE: World Cup?? - Jun 22, 2006 12:21

You are not serious are you ginjirou! Have you ever heard of the World Cup before? Its one of the biggest sporting events in the world!! 32 nations compete in it, ands its soccer by the way not tennis.

England has an amazing team especially with Rooney starting for them, and of course the always crowd favouriter Bechkam!

Well if England have such an amazing team they didnt show it yet. They were AWFUL against both Paraguy and Trinadad and Tabago and only average against Sweeden. Yes Rooney is a brilliant player but Beckham is overated. The only thing he contributes to Englands game are his set pieces like free kicks and so on, he should not be captain either. England have played dreadful football so far, the only thing they do is kick a long ball up to Crouch and hope for the best. Compared to teams like Argentina, England are awful. Remember Argentinas goal against Serbia and Montenegro, the one scored by Cambiasso, ONE OF THE BEST GOALS I HAVE EVER SEEN. England are hyped up to the last and are just not good enough to win the world cup.
Nitro

RE: World Cup?? - Jun 22, 2006 19:34
Sweden played well actually. 2 - 2 against England and now they play Germany.

I want Sweden to win dammit!
ginjirou

RE: World Cup?? - Jun 22, 2006 20:50

You are not serious are you ginjirou! Have you ever heard of the World Cup before? Its one of the biggest sporting events in the world!! 32 nations compete in it, ands its soccer by the way not tennis.

Soccer, ok I see now.
I remember that sport was quite popular at school but I didn' t like it very much. I thought soccer only was for kids. Or maybe the World Cup is a kids Cup?
To bad it wasn' t tennis. Isn' t tennis more popular than soccer? Soccer is boring. Tennis is fun.
Nitro

RE: World Cup?? - Jun 22, 2006 21:00
I like TABLE Tennis!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: World Cup?? - Jun 22, 2006 21:15
ffs,stoip calling it soccer,its called fotball,americans call something they play with their hands for fotball,bhut not fall down to their level of dumbness

I hope Italy wins,if not England.

But yes ofc i really hope Sweden wins but i know they can' t.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 47

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message