Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii shi... erm... Fit
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
Wii shi... erm... Fit - Apr 28, 2008 18:11
Has anyone got the Wii Fit? And is it as bad as the commercial makes it seem?

My uncle bought it, but I have yet to play on (what appears to be) the glorified weight scale.
< Message edited by Marink -- 28 Apr 08 10:12:23 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii shi... erm... Fit - Apr 28, 2008 18:13
Virtua boy is salivating over it as we speak now!
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Wii shi... erm... Fit - Apr 28, 2008 19:07
gamers are always portrayed as dorks, is there anything more dorky than jumping up and down on a box in the middle of your living? And this is considered trendy? Well I must be well out of touch.
IstillwantShenmue3

• Total Posts : 54
RE: Wii shi... erm... Fit - Apr 28, 2008 21:57
I' ve been waiting for this game ever since the Saturn.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Wii shi... erm... Fit - Apr 29, 2008 01:56
Maybe it' s just me, and the fact that I' m from a country that is too cold to play sports outside in for 5 months of the year, but why not go outside?

The only thing I can stand to do indoors as far as exercise goes is lifting weights, and maybe some cardio. A large part of this being that you can' t really do it outside unless you were to have an outdoor gym.

This being said. Why would I want to spend time working out inside if it isn' t even that great a workout? At least lifting weights and doing some cardio I really really push myself for a good workout, but is that even possible with Wii Fit? Other than the push ups, I can' t think of anything too strenuous. Maybe Yoga, but I don' t do that. If I did, it would be in a class, to meet women, not in my living room by myself.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Wii shi... erm... Fit - Apr 29, 2008 02:30
WiiFit is just like the Wiimote, another gimmick. I am not going to say it doesn' t has its uses and that I couldn' t be fun, but this is really not the way to get " fit" .
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Wii shi... erm... Fit - Apr 29, 2008 03:00
$90.00 eh? Terrific bargain.

I seen on Amazon that you get a free bottle of KY with every purchase of Wii Fit.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Wii shi... erm... Fit - Apr 29, 2008 03:03
To be honest, I don' t even have a clear idea of how it works. Is it something you try to balance on? Could it be used for skateboarding games?
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Wii shi... erm... Fit - Apr 29, 2008 23:05

Could it be used for skateboarding games?

Well there' s this.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Wii shi... erm... Fit - Apr 30, 2008 00:56
Lol, best thread title ever!!!

The Skiing Game (and most of the others) in Wii fit are SOOO accurate it' s scary.. Skiing has never felt so interactive and fun to play.

At first i couldn' t get the hang of it, i wasn' t sure how to turn properly, then you notice you have to twist and lean as if your on ski' s and it starts to feel natural..

The Scope and precision is deep. Soo much potential. Well impressed. (and this goes to the other games too).

I hope that Namco game has the same depth and scope as the Wii-fit one, a dedicated game with more longevity will be mine on release.

As for Wii-fitt Overall = Great, a lot better than I expected.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Wii shi... erm... Fit - Apr 30, 2008 05:42
This is not something that I would buy personally but I wonder what the Final Fantasy people have in mind when it comes to this. I read somewhere that they shortly after the Wii Fit announcement were very interested in using the capabilities of the board in some RPG.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Wii shi... erm... Fit - Apr 30, 2008 08:47
Id buy it for 30 quid but only to hang it on the wall and write " It Begins" under it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll