Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii messes with your brain
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Wii messes with your brain - Sep 01, 2007 07:00
I wont be able to play any online games for a few days [out of town], So Im buying Metroid[in case I beat all the Zeldas from virtual console and TP] even though I said I wouldnt.

I sold my DS a while back, but now Im thinking I want to get a black DSlite.

Im getting MP Hunter and Mario Kart for the mp. Also getting NewSMB and Castlevania Dawn of Sorrows.

What else do you guys recommend, as I never really followed the DS and dont trust ign? And no casual/mini games, though I may pick up a used tetris if its cheap.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Wii messes with your brain - Sep 01, 2007 07:24
If you can, I recommend you import Jump Ultimate Stars. Also, if you' re not some gimp who tries to look ' hard' by not liking Pokemon, I suggest you give Diamond/Pearl a whirl (although it would be much better if you missed out on the first few).
immortaldanmx

RE: Wii messes with your brain - Sep 01, 2007 07:28
nothing against pokemon, but I did it to death on GBC&GBA.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Wii messes with your brain - Sep 01, 2007 08:00
Don' t pick up Tetris, go with Puzzle League DS instead.
immortaldanmx

RE: Wii messes with your brain - Sep 01, 2007 08:06
it like pokemon puzzle league for the 64? if so that sounds like a good idea.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Wii messes with your brain - Sep 01, 2007 08:14
Yes, it is. They are part of the same game series (Panel de Pon or Tetris Attack, as the first game in the series was called in the USA/EU).
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Wii messes with your brain - Sep 01, 2007 16:27
Get Phoenix Wright.

If you want to only buy one, get the first game, because its last scenario utilizes more of the DS' features (the game was originally for the GBA, hence its port-like nature)

If you' re VERY into point-and-click adventure games, I' d suggest Hotel Dusk; Room 215. It' s text-based but has a good, twist-heavy story and great localization. And snazzy DS features to boot.

Ah, what else...

Picross DS. It' s like Sudoku, only less mind-numbing and a lot more fun. You can even create your own puzzle-pictures and share it on Wi-Fi.

Rune Factory; A New Harvest Moon. Given, you actually have to be a Harvest Moon fan to think of getting it, but if you are, pick it over Harvest Moon DS.

I didn' t really like Final Fantasy III at all, so I won' t recommend it if you want a good RPG. You' re better off with maybe Etrian Odyssey, and Luminous Arc. But honestly, all the good RPGs are on the GBA.

Elite Beat Agents/Osu Tatake Ouendan - If you like rhythm action games. EBA is the localized English version, while the Osu series is the orignal Jap version. They' re completely different, so you can get both for more songs.

Advance Wars; DualStirke for tactical gameplay. Age of Empires is also a good choice, though I personally prefer Advance Wars.

After Dawn of Sorrow, you might want to try Portrait of Ruin. It' s not as good, very easy and short, but has more interesting locales, and a better Wi-Fi component.

And I guess, get one of the Brain Age or Big Brain Academy ones? They' re not really for ' gaming' , but they' re interesting distractions.

I would also suggest getting a 3rd party flashcart for your DS. Like R4 or the M3Simply series. You can run homebrew of them so you can play, for example, old Lucasart games (using SCUMMVM), and movie and mp3 files.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii messes with your brain - Sep 01, 2007 16:55
I think a person' s brain has to be a little messed up before they buy a Wii.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii messes with your brain - Sep 01, 2007 17:08

I think a person' s brain has to be a little messed up before they buy a Wii.

Yeah i was definetly insane on purchase!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll