Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill...
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 55 of 55
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 00:48

You changed the subject:

You take the punishment.

Are you on drugs, you make no fucking sense!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 00:53
Geometry, lighting, animations, sound, colour depth, texture quality, particle effects, shadowing etc, etc, etc...

More avaiable horsepower equates to better tools for game artists, level designers, sound engineers, 3D modelers etc... better graphics, sound and animations allow for better immersion. Working on Wii means sacrifices have to be made when it comes to the visual elements of a game. A game like Twilight Princess might have amazing art direction, but if you take that game and it' s art direction and give it better textures, sound effect, animations, lighting, particle effects etc... wouldn' t it be a better game?

I had thought everybody pretty much humoured VF5 these days. Especially when it comes to things like this. He' s like a schizophrenic. This is a guy who only a few weeks ago was saying how much better games like Super Mario Galaxy would be if they utilized the power of next-gen machines. That' s not taking something away from Galaxy in it' s current form - it looks fantastic - but it' s also not untrue.

If Wii was the most powerful machine thin gen then it wouldn' t be limiting. Developers would be making the most out of the best hardware then have access to. But it isn' t and they do have other options, that' s why they' re always complaining about how much RAM or CPU power they have and how they could do with more. I' m not saying that i can' t appreciate games like No More Heroes for what they are, but that doesn' t mean that when i say that if the game had been created for PS3, Xbox 360 or PC it would have been better.

< Message edited by NITRO -- 21 Oct 07 16:56:12 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 00:55
And he is completely right, as he already explained. If there was a new Silent Hill for Wii & 360 then the 360 Version would be obviously better in the graphics department (if we are talking about otherwise identical games)
gamer4eva

• Total Posts : 104
RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 00:58

Geometry, lighting, animations, sound, colour depth, texture quality, particle effects, shadowing etc, etc, etc...

More avaiable horsepower equates to better tools for game artists, level designers, sound engineers, 3D modelers etc... better graphics, sound and animations allow for better immersion. Working on Wii means sacrifices have to be made when it comes to the visual elements of a game. A game like Twilight Princess might have amazing art direction, but if you take that game and it' s art direction and give it better textures, sound effect, animations, lighting, particle effects etc... wouldn' t it be a better game?

I had thought everybody pretty much humoured VF5. Especially when it comes to things like this. This is a guy who only a few weeks ago was saying how much better games like Super Mario Galaxy would be if they utilized the power of next-gen machines. That' s not taking something away from Galaxy in it' s current form - it looks fantastic - but it' s also not untrue.

If Wii was the most powerful machine thin gen then it wouldn' t be limiting. Developers would be making the most out of the best hardware then have access to. But it isn' t and they do have other options. I' m not saying that i can' t appreciate games like No More Heroes for what they are, but that doesn' t mean that when i say that if the game had been created for PS3, Xbox 360 or PC it would have been better.

VX chemical Ali, thats how you should of pointed your arguement across. that made alot of sense.
gamer4eva

RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 01:10
BTT.

Any Normal person who knows anything would not post a thread like this anyway.

Brawl is probably the most anticipated Wii gme and will be one of the biggest selling too (SSB: melee is the highest selling GC game). Any one would know, SSB has one of the biggest hardcore followings around.

Thread = Dumb.
< Message edited by gamer4eva -- 21 Oct 07 17:12:47 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 01:24

VX chemical Ali, thats how you should of pointed your arguement across. that made alot of sense.

If you bothered to read all my posts, you would have gotten the same meaning as what Nitro said, but your just too thickheaded.

Edit:

Ohh and regarding SSB, it' ll be the first game where Nintendo shows the Wii mote isnt for everything.
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 21 Oct 07 17:25:06 >
gamer4eva

RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 01:30

Ohh and regarding SSB, it' ll be the first game where Nintendo shows the Wii mote isnt for everything.

That was not the point of the thread. The point was to troll that Wii doesnt have a hardcore userbase wen infact it has both hardcore and casual.

Wii = for everyone. as Nintendo states.

Can' t say the same about the other two consoles.

Nitro

RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 01:38

ORIGINAL: gamer4eva

That was not the point of the thread. The point was to troll that Wii doesnt have a hardcore userbase wen infact it has both hardcore and casual.

Wii = for everyone. as Nintendo states.

Can' t say the same about the other two consoles.

No, the point of the thread was to show that developers evaluate which is the best platform for their games, and in this case it' s been decided (by Konami) that their traditionally mainstream (read: hardcore) game (because since Wii arrived the definitions of " casual" , " mainstream" and " hardcore" have changed) isn' t suitable for Wii' s userbae, in that they don' t think it would sell very well.

Casual gamers used to be the guys who bought Fifa/PES, Need For Speed and Grand Theft Auto games. Now, because Wii has created this new audience of non/casual gamers, those guys are considered mainstream or even hardcore gamers.
gamer4eva

RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 01:46

LOL

That indicates you found it funny which means it was meant as a as troll.

1 developer don' t mean all developers as you know many Hardcore games are coming over to wii (the lastest being the massive franchise monster Hunter).

Don' t try and sytle this one out son.

< Message edited by gamer4eva -- 21 Oct 07 17:47:13 >
Nitro

RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 02:10

LOL

That indicates you found it funny which means it was meant as a as troll.

Ofcourse i found it funny. It' s the reason why the only compelling 3rd party Wii games released in the past year was Resident Evil 4. In my (ever so humble) opinion, the only respectable Wii games are Resident Evil 4, Twilight Princess (both Gamecube ports) and Super Paper Mario.

The only killer app i can see before the new year is Super Mario Galaxy, and again, it' s InHouse.

Wii needs good 3rd party games for the more traditional gamers. I' m not talking about trash like Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games or EA' s Playground. I' m talking about real games, y' know, games that aren' t aimed at children.

Yes, Nintendo snagged Monster Hunter and Monster Hunter is a seriously hardcore game. A sign that perhaps Nintendo will start to get serious on the software front. But the " excuse" given by Capcom to move it from it' s traditional Playstation home to Wii was bullshit. They cited development costs and yet it was going to run on Framework (like Dead Rising and Lost Panet) and not only is Lost Planet being ported to PS3 but the rest of their games (RE5, DMC4, Bionic Commando and Dark Void) are heading to next-gen consoles anyway and their development costs will be just as high. Why haven' t they all been moved to Wii?

The reason, as anybody with a brain could tell you is that since 90% of Monster Hunters sales will be made in Japan and with PS3 not making a huge impact, Wii is the best bet for them to make any serious money. It' s a good move for Capcom, even if it sucks for Sony. Same thing happened with Dragon Quest. Moved from Paystation to Wii because it makes financial sense.

But 90% of Silent Hills business is done outside of Japan where next-gen machines are far stronger (well, 360 is) and so since Konami don' t believe their game is aimed at Wii' s non-gamer userbase anyway, it makes sense to just release a next-gen version.

Don' t try and sytle this one out son.

LOL, you' re a fuckwit.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 02:14
I can see how you want to discuss things with me as it' s possible to actually convince me and change my mind. But spending this much energy on discussing with gamer4eva? Now that is WASTE of time!
Nitro

RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 02:23

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

I can see how you want to discuss things with me as it' s possible to actually convince me and change my mind. But spending this much energy on discussing with gamer4eva? Now that is WASTE of time!

I think an IP and signup details check is in order actually...
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 04:02

1 developer don' t mean all developers as you know many Hardcore games are coming over to wii (the lastest being the massive franchise monster Hunter).

Of course it' s not all developers, but take a look at UbiSoft for example. Last Gen they were known to support all plattforms equally - this Gen most of their big franchises are not going to get a Wii port. UbiSoft is only going to release 2 Wii games in the next few months and one of them is bullshit (My Word Coach). Red Steel 2 is not even in developement, yet. The rest of their portofolio is not coming to Wii anytime soon. UbiSoft Montreal even stated recently that they are not considering to develop for Wii because they dont think that Wii owners would like games like that. And there are many other examples (What sports game by 2K Games is going to be released for Wii besides Table Tennis? NBA2k8? No. NHL2k8? Naah. College Hoops 2k8? Again, no. You know what sports game by 2K games was released for Wii? Some baseball game with deformed characters.)

You have to look at the facts and the facts are that when most devs talk about bringing a game to next-gen consoles, it actually means every next-gen console(- Wii).

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 04:31

BTT.

Any Normal person who knows anything would not post a thread like this anyway.

Brawl is probably the most anticipated Wii gme and will be one of the biggest selling too (SSB: melee is the highest selling GC game). Any one would know, SSB has one of the biggest hardcore followings around.

Thread = Dumb.

WTF does that have anything to do with what we' re saying? You seem to have an affinity of proving yourself wrong. SSB is the only game I' m interested in Wii, it' s a perfect example of a game that doesn' t need the Wiimote and would be 10 times better in HD with better sound, effects, graphics, physics and AI.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 21 Oct 07 20:39:42 >
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Wii gamers not hardcore enough for Silent Hill... - Oct 22, 2007 08:31

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

My imagination is limitless so I get extremely immersed even when playing Pong

Care to share some of it? It might come in handy in other areas :P

But as you mentioned, being a bit restricted by hardware isn' t always bad. The sound designers who were around during the Master System/NES days etc said that they were forced to write better melodies. Because the sound was so bad they had to compensate in a way. Now, they said, many games can easily rely on some moody violins or cellos without actually having to write some decent music. Not to say that there aren' t great soundtracks around now. There are : Shadow of the Colossus, FF, Shenmue etc. But maybe in general there might' ve been more soundtracks back in the day that people remembered.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 55 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message