Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Why are shuttle pc' s so cheap?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Why are shuttle pc' s so cheap? - Feb 11, 2005 16:19
i was just wondering before i consider buying one, but why are suttle pc' s so cheap? they have the same power as normal pcs but are a fraction of the cost! and to think that the smaller size would put up the price? it is because its hard to upgrade? or is it noisey or what? i really need an answer. thanks.
PresAgent

• Total Posts : 50
RE: Why are shuttle pc' s so cheap? - Feb 13, 2005 12:59
It has to do with the fact that you really can' t upgrade them. Most shuttle systems start out as barebone systems, meaning it' s already got a motherboard integrated. Integrated means you can' t change motherboards, therefore kind of making it useless in upgrades if you really need to change mobo' s. That' s probably why they are so cheap at the moment, because once you buy a shuttle, you can' t change mobo' s unless you get a new case. Kind of sucks, but if you don' t plan on upgrading for quite a while, they are pretty nice.

I' m on my shuttle system now. It' s got an old Socket A mobo in it, so I obviously can' t put any 64-bit processors in it. Other than that, the thing runs smooth and fast. I don' t get why people hate them, because I personally love mine.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll