Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What' s It Like Where You Live?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
What' s It Like Where You Live? - Jul 05, 2005 11:14
I am glad to live in the STL, Missouri...but am interested in considering other places as candidates for a possible future relocation.

My criterium are:

1) reasonable cost of living
2) decent job prospects
3) good school system
4) low crime rate
5) prefer country or semi suburb living (smaller cities/communities too)

These are a good start...

If a few of you folks could tell me a bit about your locale, maybe I can get enough information to make an educated decision.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What' s It Like Where You Live? - Jul 05, 2005 11:38
I' ve always had two dream places I wanted to live in: Japan and San Francisco, CA.

Overall I' m more of a bright lights big city type fella. Since I almost never sleep ideally I' d like to live in a city that never sleeps neither, lol.

I currently live in BORINGsville, New Jersey where the friggin city calls it a night at 5 pm. The cost of living is quite a bit similar to that of New York, meaning that a person would probably have to contemplate prostituting half of their family members in order to make it.

But then again from what I' ve heard, a person would have to prostitute their ENTIRE family just to make it in San Francisco, lol. The job prospects out here I would say suck which is probably why half of New Jersey and even Pennsylvania commutes to New York every morning for work. Even after 2 years out here this Floridian is still trying to get used to how things are out here, lol.

But all in all I left South Florida for a reason and if the same job was available both here and in South Florida I' d much rather take my chances with it here in BORINGsville, New Jersey cause on many levels I' d feel as if I had a much better chance of getting it.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 5 Jul 05 19:42:47 >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: What' s It Like Where You Live? - Jul 05, 2005 14:06
So far, I' ve lived in Texas, New Jersey, Virginia, Montana and now California (did I leave any out ) - I' d have to say that Texas and Montana were the cheapest to live in, New Jersey and Virginia were the most expensive, and California is somewhere in the middle.
George Foreman

• Total Posts : 124
RE: What' s It Like Where You Live? - Jul 07, 2005 16:21
I' ve always hated D*****, Ohio because it so damn quiet. Nothing ever happens here and the sports teams suck. Also I was born in Indianapolis so that is where my heart and soul are. They have everything that I would want. They have the Indianapolis Colts, the Indiana Black Expo, and the Indiana Pacers. They had O' Bannon til he died. Also I don' t have to drive thirty miles to get my hair cut.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: What' s It Like Where You Live? - Jul 09, 2005 22:12
i live in a little town named Gonzales in Californina.its great.hardly any crime.its peacefull
Jackelcy Dumas

• Total Posts : 58
RE: What' s It Like Where You Live? - Jul 12, 2005 15:38
I live in Jersey, Its alright chicks are great Its not that peacefull firecrackers most of the time for no reason.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What' s It Like Where You Live? - Jul 12, 2005 16:39

I live in Jersey, Its alright chicks are great Its not that peacefull firecrackers most of the time for no reason.

I notice the fireworks display that takes place on random nights as well, I always thought those people were celebrating the fact that they lived in $h**ty neighborhoods
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: What' s It Like Where You Live? - Jul 27, 2005 19:14
I live in Spokane WA, right by Idaho. I was born here, it' s an alright city not too big, and I guess the schools are ok (though I havn' t been to a school here since 5th grade, because we moved to Oklahoma and the worse part is it was a small small town with less than or around 2,000 people) well I doubt that helps but.............yeh.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: What' s It Like Where You Live? - Jul 27, 2005 20:05
I live in a small town in middle Tennessee. The cost of living is down, although we have a sales tax these days. The town next to mine is just hitting it' s stride-ie getting malls-also where I go to college. Finding a job could be tough around here...mostly factories hiring these days. The school system is decent, but I' ve seen a lot better. The college I' m going to though is one of the better colleges in the south so I can' t really complain.

It' s mainly just open country around here. I live in an area where there' s no zoning-family owns 200 acres of land. The biggest crime around here is making crystal meth, which in that regard we are one of the worst areas for that. All that empty land is an inviting place for the meth heads. Where I live at least people don' t generally lock their doors either.

Anyways, there you go...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message