What games have you played lately??

Change Page: < 1234567 | Showing page 7 of 7, messages 241 to 254 of 254
dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
  • Reward points : 0
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Apr 26, 2006 18:47
Magix.....but I am a cartoon boy....joking.. seriously nah I' m not one the anime collector' s wishing my life was just like the anime or looked like em......*dreads to think life being like naruto..or even looking like anyone in it brrrr*. Anyhooo back on topic I was thining of getting lost magic for the ds which I haven' t played in ages or tomb raider legends still yet to make my decision.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Apr 26, 2006 19:01
Tomb Raider Legends isn' t a long game. Probably as short as Kameo even.

That being said it' s still a good game, although it does have some major flaws. The bike levels in particular are dreadful and it' s not a bad thing that there are only 2 of them.

It wasn' t worth the £39.99 i paid for it but i won' t complain. It' s nice to look at if nothing else.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Apr 27, 2006 07:43

" You' re very dangerous. Be dead down here!"

" What imprudence you human being, face your trial by god."

" Come on nice guy, but your life is mine very soon."

" Feel fortunate to have survived until now."

Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Boss Hogg
  • Total Posts : 299
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Apr 27, 2006 11:49
Latley i' ve been playing

The Godfather-Awsome game,Fun as hell and addicting, it doesnt stick too close to the movies though.and Al Pacino would of made the game a lot better. Its a 25-30 hour game but it could of been a lot longer.

Far Cry:Instincs Evolution-Single Player Badass, Multi-Player Badass, Map-Making Badass, Graphics Badass...See where i' m going with this?

Battlefield 2:MC (Xbox)-Love the online,Pretty Easy to pick up and play,Graphics could of been better but im not complaning its still addicting

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Apr 30, 2006 08:42
Alright! Today the mail lady brought me Blue' s Journey (brand new) and Ghost Pilots (mint), both for fairly cheap considering normal Neo Geo prices. Blue' s Journey actually has good sound. I remember it having horrible sound, but then again I' d only ever played it on an emulator, and emulators suck compared to the real thing. Ghost Pilots is fun as well. Must resist using unlimited continues!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 30 Apr 06 0:44:07 >

Terry Bogard
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Apr 30, 2006 09:04

Must resist using unlimited continues!

do not resist! ABUSE it to hell and back!!!

How' d you like Blue' s Journey. I thought it was moderately decent as one of the Neo' s first few platforming titles but as a platformer in general was very lacking!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 30 Apr 06 1:06:03 >

Joe Redifer
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Apr 30, 2006 09:16
I think it is fun. Most Neo Geo games don' t have much color (except for the early games and Alpha Denshi games) so this is a bit refreshing. Nothing the 32X couldn' t do, for sure. I also notice that Alpha Denshi seems to be the only ones to use the Neo Geo' s FM and PSG sound channels.

What Neo Geo games do you have? Other recommendations?

Here' s my short list of what I want to get:
Cyber Lip
Nam 1975
Thrash Rally
Baseball Stars Professional
Neo Turf Masters (if I can find it)
Ninja Combat (maybe)
Last Resort (maybe)
Pulstar (maybe. which is better, this or Last Resort?)
Viewpoint (big maybe)
Alpha Mission 2
Top Hunter (maybe)

By the way I don' t know if I mentioned it to you or not, but the Neo CD pad kicks ASS! It' s like the Neo Geo Pocket Color pad. It really is cool. BUY ONE!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 30 Apr 06 1:20:34 >

Terry Bogard
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Apr 30, 2006 09:23
I' ve had the same 10 games for years..lol Unfortunately I' ve been really slow in updating my Neo-Geo collection. Once I got Magician Lord and Nam-1975, nothing else really mattered.. I' d LOVE to get Blazing Star (supposed sequel to Pulstar) someday, that' s another favorite of mine and more enjoyable than all of the other sidescrolling shooters I' ve played for the Neo.. Another good sidescroller was Zed Blade. I found Pulstar to be a much cooler game than Last Resort, but Blazing Star rapes them all.

My current collection:

Magician Lord
Nam-1975
Cyber-Lip
Baseball Stars Professional
Ninja Combat
Fatal Fury 2
Football Frenzy
King of the Monsters 2: The Next Thing
Riding Hero (worst motorcyle game on the friggin planet!)
Blue' s Journey

What I' d LOVE to get someday:

1. Blazing Star
2. 8-Man
3. Burning Fight (cheesy Final Fight knockoff but one that I enjoyed)
4. Sengoku 2
5. Top Hunter
6. Spin Master
7. Zed Blade

*Light Bulb!* (runs to email!)
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 30 Apr 06 1:26:40 >

Joe Redifer
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Apr 30, 2006 09:30
Oh no! Now you have to wade through MONTHS worth of e-mails!

I hear Sengoku 3 is supposed to be the best Sengoku, but was programmed by different shmucks (re: outside developer).

vdig
  • Total Posts : 226
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Apr 30, 2006 13:22
Hmm... what games lately...

1. Kingdom Hearts II - completed with lvl58 characters two weeks ago (incl. Seph), recleared with lvl99 characters with boosted Sora a week ago, both on Proud. Had to milk that one.
2. Shadow Hearts: Into the New World - 2/3rds clear, will resume in 1 week.
3. Wild Arms: ACF - Clearing last optional quest prior to clearing game (100 floor dungeon, too large)
4. Ninja Gaiden: Black - Have just cleared Alma form one on hard (I want to clear on Master Ninja, but other titles beckon).
5. Grandia 3: It' s yelling at me, " Push Start to Play" . I keep replying, " You are now in the queue. Please wait."
6. Disgaea: Prinny Baal is mocking me, prompting spontaneous half hour item world sessions that inevitably goes on longer than intended.
7. Outrun 2006: Good in short bursts, still unlocking stuff.
8. God of War: Had previously only rented it, bought today from rental store that is liquidating current inventory of rental titles. Then I realized that it is now a greatest hits title... oh well. Ares is but a skip, hop and 2 bosses away.
9. Guilty Gear XX#Reload: Because Slash has not arrived in NA yet. Order Sol beckons, while, of course, listening to " Killer Queen" . Maybe I should get the import... is it worth it?
10. Soul Caliber 3: Not so much, too many other titles to think of.
11. Guitar Hero: Why here on this list? Because 11 is louder than 10.
12. Resident Evil 4: I hated the REs prior to this one. Wonders what a good camera angle does for a series. I dream of chainsaws. Run.
13. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: Good title, but it is bloody tedious going from Light to Dark and having to wait sooo long for it to load. Won' t play this again for a while. Still Metroid, still fun, just not as fun as...
14. Metroid Prime: The manna of Metroid, in 3D. I too was a skeptic. Finished this game just before starting Metroid Prime 2.
15. Ridge Racer 6: I do not have a 360, but when I do play my cousins' machine, I am a beast that stuns those who watch. I just pick up and go. Still, gets boring after a while. Probably would not play this too much.
16. Initial D: Special Stage (Japanese import): Interest has waned, in particular due to my GT Force Feedback Pro' s shifter NOT WORKING with it.
17. Alien Soldier (Genesis): What a great classic.
18. Hokuto no Ken II (Genesis): Actually, my copy is Last Battle, but I KNOW it is Hokuto no Ken.
19. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Genesis): Nice when I tire of 3D, yet want simple action.

20. Mother 3: Actually, no I don' t have this. I wish.

20. DOAU2: Acquired in earlier liquidation in aforementioned rental store.

I would list more, but that would not be too recent. For the record, I try not to buy games that just arrive in shelves if I don' t think they will sell out like hotcakes, instead opting to buy at the rental store. Got VIP discount, I do. Add that to liquidation prices, and my library shoots up, up, up!

Top 5 games I intend to purchase, in order of desire, 1 being most desired:

5 - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (When I buy this, I' m getting a DS Lite)
4 - Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (need more than 1 DS title)
3 - Mario Kart Double Dash
2 - Guilty Gear XX Slash
1 - Disgaea 2!

Never in all my years has an RPG continue to throw stuff at me in the fashion of Disgaea while still remaining intriguing and fun to manipulate. Not even the pseudo-sequels cut it. Disgaea 2, the true sequel, will throw me even more challenges, like facing an improved Prinny Baal while surrounded by regular Baal clones(!!!), dark star inverted maps, and Prinny versions of item worlds, where lowest badguys are levelled in the thousands. Yet, even after all that, Prinnies still explode when thrown. I love it! (Note: no, Prinny Baal is an exception to the rule)
< Message edited by vdig -- 30 Apr 06 0:27:40 >
You wa Shock!!!

Terry Bogard
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Aug 21, 2006 23:29
Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins... WONDERFUL game. It was designed for the new generation of gamers who thought Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox was the hardest game in the world..

Every Extend Extra.. This game is friggin addicting! I finally beat it last night and let out a loud joyous scream

Tekken: Dark Resurrection... SUPER fast load times, Tekken 5 engine. kickass!!

Power Stone Portable demo... I almost forgot how fun Power Stone was.

Wrestle Kingdom on the Xbox 360 and PS2.. I like alternating between the two, though I spend more time with the 360 version since you can use custom soundtracks for your character' s ring entrance..

Senko no Ronde X... Initial reaction to the game wasn' t that great since it reminded me SO much of Psychic Force, which was no surprise given where some of the members of G.Rev originated from. But the more I play, the more I enjoy the game.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 21 Aug 06 15:31:16 >

f3hunter
  • Total Posts : 821
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Aug 22, 2006 01:48
Rhythm Tengoku GBA

Most Fun Game ive played this Year.. Seriously..

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4998

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Aug 22, 2006 02:02
As i said i still play bmfe2,im ranked 262 with 77-4 in 1vs1 ranked.
But im gonna buy N3 this week,even though kikizo trahsed it
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Die_Hounderdoggen
  • Total Posts : 275
RE: What games have you played lately?? - Aug 22, 2006 07:08
I' ve been trying to support simultaneous addictions to Hexic (HD), and Animal Crossing: Wild World. I' ve also been wading through Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, which is surprisingly good. More detective/suspense story than horror with some excellent chase scenes.
(I' m never going to Massachusetts )

Change Page: < 1234567 | Showing page 7 of 7, messages 241 to 254 of 254