Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 4 of 6, messages 61 to 80 of 103
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 00:01
I really like the look of not only the new forum but the whole site Adam. Well done.

BTW, what are the reward points?
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 00:22
Ok, everyone has mentioned the slickness of the look, but no one has said this yet, so I will... the tone of blue chosen for the letters is very nice, I like it a lot

Other than that, the only problem I've been having is that whenever I post, I get kicked out into the thread index, which kind of sucks, but other than, no problems really. I haven't tired any tags, so no idea if I'll have troubles with those.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 00:27
its cool so far, altough its a little slower than the old forum, work on that and I will be happy.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 04:51
It would be nice to get the EE and VG fourm quick lings at the top like the old one.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 13:06
New forum is great.

Oh by the way, I would drink ya under the table Mass!
Dreadknux

• Total Posts : 35
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 13:57

Edit: what the hell, so wo rich taxt / tags work for me but none for non admins?!

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe it's something to do with the permissions in your Admin panel? I'm not sure how vBulletin's admin works all that well, but I'm sure there's a way to modify usergroups; there'll be an option as to whether non-"Kikizo Staff" users can use HTML/BBCode etc. Maybe that option's unchecked?

EDIT: Also, started using some of the features of the forum and came across some nice design bugs. I don't know what the attachment thing's like on here... heck may as well give it a go to test it out.

Ah, looks like I can't pop my attachments directly into a post (it'll most likely appear after the text here, then).

SNAP1.JPG - Profile page; the bottom of every small container seems to be using the same rounded bottom for a full-page container, making the page stretch off to the right. Because of the background being centred too, scrolling left to right moves the whole page outside of those nice blue bar gradients there.

Oh I guess I can't upload more than one thing per post. Well I put the rest up on Imageshack, so I can link from there too.

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/1159/snap2xk1.jpg
Profile page again; another example of the rounded bottom of the small container stretching off. I think just changing it to an image that's half the size will do the trick.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/117/snap3gx0.jpg
Private Messages; Seems like the folders table is by default placed next to the current message you are viewing - but the tables are quite wide as you can see. ^.^ You could either make the Inbox/whatever folder tables much more narrow so the Private Message can fit on the same page, or move the Private Message box underneath the Inbox folders?

I'm using Firefox 3.0.1 on a Mac platform, by the way. This might not be happening on a Windows platform, but thought I'd throw it out there.
<message edited by Dreadknux on Jul 23, 2008 14:09>
Attached Image(s)
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 16:41
OK so here is something weird... the code tags not displaying as they should (unless posted by admin)... try logging out and anyone's code tags siaplay as they should when you are logged out! Weird.

So we have about 10 fixes on the way guys.

The Opera issue we are also looking in to.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 19:06
I'd like it if the Total Posts, Joined, Status, etc. info could be minimized or removed so there wouldn't end up being a big blank space on short posts.  If I really want to know that stuff (which I won't) I can look at someone's profile.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 19:22
Is it possible to make the message window smaller?  So it doesn't require a scroll bar.  Like throwing out the second and third box and integrate those feature into the main box as buttons.  Or just making everything smaller.  The scroll bar is driving me nuts.  It's especially annoying when I scroll my message box down to post the message and the background page scrolls instead.

Secondly, is there an option to have the message box open in another tab/window like the old forum did?  

Finally, this has been mentioned before.  None of us want to choose where to go after we post our message.  We expect to be brought to the message we just posted.
Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 19:36
The scrolling on reply window, returning to your message after posting, and info under people's posts are all being worked on. :)
Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 20:10
test reply
Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 20:11
Adam Doree

test reply

test reply
Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 20:11
test reply
Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 20:12
one last time
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 21:53

Test

Failed. :(
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 23, 2008 22:52
The Man:
"The scrolling on reply window, returning to your message after posting, and info under people's posts are all being worked on. :)"

Nice, I'm not a programmer but dealing with all of this must be a real headache.  I guess the worst is over...

EDIT: Changing thread pages while writting a message causes you to lose your message box.
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Jul 23, 2008 23:05>
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 24, 2008 08:52
Joe Redifer

Test

Failed. :(

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 24, 2008 14:59
The new forum kicks ass. It's much better than the old one.

But i'm still waiting for my name to be changed to red. Don't keep my hanging on Doree!

Badass! ;)
Dreadknux

• Total Posts : 35
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 24, 2008 20:23
Nitro

The new forum kicks ass. It's much better than the old one.

But i'm still waiting for my name to be changed to red. Don't keep my hanging on Doree!

Badass! ;)

Wonder if I'm allowed to quote things, seeing people write in red and bold successfully now...

.... Ooh.

Apparently I'm a Ninja Dog. Cool. Can I be a Ghost Dog instead though? ;)
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 24, 2008 21:35
How are you guys getting these side names. Can I have Black Man next to my name .

By the way I'm no Dog.
<message edited by mikayd2 on Jul 24, 2008 21:43>
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 4 of 6, messages 61 to 80 of 103

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message