Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 103
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 08:29
Yeah I'm not saying you should have 0 errors, it's just a good tool to find them
http://www.opera.com/products/dragonfly/
looks like it would be a good tool to help, and there is also a firefox debuger available.
locopuyo

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 08:50
daylight savings time in the time options would be nice too
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 09:17
locopuyo

Yeah I'm not saying you should have 0 errors, it's just a good tool to find them
http://www.opera.com/products/dragonfly/
looks like it would be a good tool to help, and there is also a firefox debuger available.

Cool I will check out Dragonfly.
Can you let me know specifically what visual issues there are for you though? I.e. ones that people would notice without looking through a validator if they are using the same browser etc etc as you are?
<message edited by Adam Doree on Jul 22, 2008 09:26>
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 09:33
Will we be using [link] tags (which I have only seen at the old Kikizo) or [url] tags... or both?

Does this forum allow you to add your own customized BBCode (tags)?  If so, I have a few that could enhance things, like embedding of Youtube videos and spoiler tags, etc.  I created the Youtube one specifically for Magicbox.   We should probably get the basic stuff working first.
Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 09:41
Joe Redifer

Will we be using [link] tags (which I have only seen at the old Kikizo) or [url] tags... or both?

Does this forum allow you to add your own customized BBCode (tags)?  If so, I have a few that could enhance things, like embedding of Youtube videos and spoiler tags, etc.  I created the Youtube one specifically for Magicbox.   We should probably get the basic stuff working first.

Agreed -- we're working through all issues brought up so far as we speak, hopefully the most urgent fixes will be in place by end of week. Then, custom tagging should be no problem, not on a user basis but on an all-users basis, we have the option to add tags like that, so that should be nice. As for hotlinking, it looks like you can just do it by using the button above but once we work out why only the admin can curently do RTF/tags properly then using both [ link ] and [ url ] should also work fine...
locopuyo

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 09:52
The contact friend's page and the address book page are messed up looking in Opera 9.5  That's the only things I've seen that look out of place in it.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 09:52
Hi Adam

Will uploading/displaying pictures into posts work in a similar way to before?
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 10:09
Wow, finally being able to post rocks. The new design looks great and despite that you had some hickups it looks like the most important stuff is working fine now.

Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 10:48
locopuyo

The contact friend's page and the address book page are messed up looking in Opera 9.5  That's the only things I've seen that look out of place in it.

Ah right, haven't even checked out those areas yet.

Ornodeal

Will uploading/displaying pictures into posts work in a similar way to before?

Yes, except it should work properly this time...
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 11:12
Ok personally having issues with IE (mind you I am trying to post from work.) I have shifted over to Firefox and it seems fine.

Other than a bit of 'bleed' the forums seem fine. What I mean 'bleed' is where a post is not staying in the frame correctly and spilling into the rest of the page.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 12:16
Finally , forums are back!

I'll help on the bug reports where i can.
Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 12:24
alijay034

Ok personally having issues with IE (mind you I am trying to post from work.) I have shifted over to Firefox and it seems fine.

Other than a bit of 'bleed' the forums seem fine. What I mean 'bleed' is where a post is not staying in the frame correctly and spilling into the rest of the page.

Hey dude could you provide some further details please? i.e. what was the issue with IE, was it 6 or 7?

In firefox, which version, and could you take some grabs of the bleed, is it severe?

By the way everyone since everyone's ability to do pics/code properly you are more than welcome to please email me any screengrabs in relation to visual forum issues at adam@kikizo.com
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 12:39
I'm using IE6 and I don't have the problems alijay has.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 14:26
So we are back up...and the forums looks well integrated with the rest of the site. Now the circle is complete!
Good job Adam.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 14:34
I think the new changes rock. Looks Very Very Sexy.

Can I upload a naked picture of myself and have it as a avatar. Or do the rules still apply.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 14:42
Oye, looks pretty good so far.  Terrible timing with the changeover happening during E3, although there were few major suprises.
Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 15:57
Yeah we decided to be anti E3 this year and pretty much close down not just the forum but the site until it's finished. Well more truthfully it just ended up that way somehow. We're ready for action again now though. We'll probably be making a special "site relaunched" announcement on 1st August and revealing some of our tasty content pipeline. There's some great stuff coming, but you expected that anyway.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 18:26
i Simply cannot use the quick reply with opera, moreover to use the full version is still hard, the cursor disapear, i'm wrting on a notepad now and i'll past it (hopefuly it'll work)

Mikayed

About Opera:

you can go to previous pages instantly with no to almost no loading

say you visited a page 2 days ago, but you don't remember that damn link, but you do remember some key words, just type them in the adress bar and your link will show up!! now how great is that !

your tabs are saved by default

the quick dial is also a cool feature but you'll need to see that

very stable

great design

soem other stuff you might wanna discover by yourself

- some incompatibilites with some very few websites.

Dreadknux

• Total Posts : 35
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 18:34
Oooh, very swish. I like this. o_O I just noticed the AJAX (is it AJAX?) popup for full-view message posting. Slick. I've not noticed any real bugs, but then I've only just noticed you guys are back, so will get cracking and see what I can find. :)

Adam Doree
Yeah we decided to be anti E3 this year and pretty much close down not just the forum but the site until it's finished. Well more truthfully it just ended up that way somehow.

You didn't miss much anyway. MS = Look how great we can copy everyone else (although the first half hour with all those sequels was niiiice); Nintendo = [crickets chirp]; Sony = We're going to hide most of our best stuff in 3 minute montages. ^_^

Regardless, I want to go to E3 next year. Hell, I want to go TGS this year...

I'll echo what Loco said though Adam, sometimes checking that Validator thing can help you take out some really stupid oddities in a particular browser. I tell you, W3C is the bane of my life, lol. Many times I've worked on my own site just to find out it's broken by their standards :) I just don't bother with it now, but sometimes I validate just in case someone's getting something odd in Opera and not in Firefox or something.

EDIT: I guess the BBCode's not working yet ^.^
<message edited by Dreadknux on Jul 22, 2008 18:38>
Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 23:13
I am with you on W3. Trust me, when we finalised the code for our new design, there were zero errors in the W3 validator. THEN you start putting in functionality. Things like advertising and anything remotely touchy, and you will get errors, it's life. But I know that we started with a base code of the new design that was 100% XHTML Transitional W3 compliant... I can even prove it if you want! The forum was trickier than the main site not just due to its very complex functionality needs but also controlling all the design was different to the main site. This is why some of us are currently seeing some issues we need to iron out, we would not be able to do it if we did not put it live for you guys to test as we don't have a proper test center with all browsers, systems etc etc. :)
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 103

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message