Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 103
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 21, 2008 21:14
idk wtf nub stuff you are doing with the cursor, but it automatically goes away whenever I click on the reply window... seriously fix that
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 21, 2008 21:22
How did you get your signature loco?  I wrote a sig but it won't show in my posts.  I must be missing something.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 21, 2008 21:23
Glitches in Firefox Release 2.0.0.16

Banner ads cover the new post composition window.
Getting alignment issues on composition window.
It's no glitch, but there's no way to code your own posts. I'd rather type out [link=] or than have to hit "reply to post". It makes things frustrating when you don't want to use their entire post.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 21, 2008 21:27
Dude, go check off "always include signature in your posts" in your profile details. Should do the trick.

Where the hell's the edit button? o.0
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 21, 2008 21:57
Sweet. It'll take a little getting used to but I like it already. Oh and Eddie, you need to press over 'Message Options' on the top right hand corner of your post. Another menue appears with the edit function there.
<message edited by whatabout_paul on Jul 21, 2008 21:58>
locopuyo

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 21, 2008 22:09
other than the cursur constantly moving from the message pain I like it. But that REALLY needs to be fixed.                        
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 21, 2008 22:28
Yeah at first I didn't like the new style but now it's growing on me.  Once the speed is bumped up and the glitches are gone things will be pretty sweet.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 21, 2008 22:42
Thanks paul. Been a while hasn't it?

New bug, message options pulldown menu doesn't show up unless you float your cursor over it starting from the top down. Doesn't work when I click, doesn't work when I come at it from any other angle.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 01:39
I vote myself as Administrator (not mod) so I can go into the forum control panel and iron some of this stuff out... if the control panel has the required options/abilities.

Seriously though, it looks good visually and I do like the Quick Reply at the bottom.   Nice job so far.

However when I edit a message and save it, it takes me all the way out to the thread index page instead of returning me to my edited post.  Also, how long does it take before the "edited by" appears on the bottom of the post?  Just curious.  5 minutes would be a good time.

Also the date seems to be wrong.  It says I edited my message on July 22, but it is still July 21.  I will double-check my user profile and see what the time zone is set to.
<message edited by Joe Redifer on Jul 22, 2008 01:42>
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 02:15
I nominate Joe Redifer to be an administrator, and mikayd2 and Edward_the_Hated to be moderators.

I nominate myself to remain a regular, powerless poster who can get banned quite easily.

Joe Redifer

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 03:08
Perhaps we should reduce Terry's power to a bit below that of a regular member, just to be safe?
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 04:51
I don't like this.
locopuyo

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 04:58
so many broken html tags
Joe Redifer

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 05:31
Give it time for the bugs to be fixed.  Or for vBulletin to be installed... heh.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 05:40
Trust me if some of the minor niggles were stuff that could be fixed via the admin CP you would be welcome to have a look...

Please could you let me know what you mean by broken HTML tags?

Don't get excited about sigs, we'll be disabling them - just as they were disabled on the old forum.

All feedback is being taken on board so please keep it coming. We are aiming for the perfect forum here.
Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 05:44
Eddie_the_Hated

Thanks paul. Been a while hasn't it?

New bug, message options pulldown menu doesn't show up unless you float your cursor over it starting from the top down. Doesn't work when I click, doesn't work when I come at it from any other angle.

What browser + version are you using? This sounds like one of the stranger bugs since all these menu floatey things are coded compliantly.
Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 05:50
Priority 1 to fix is that none of the code eg bold and quoting works -- as I mentioned in another thread, this is strange as it was working when we were testing non publicly. Please bear with us as we sort through things like this.
And and to the couple of you who say you don't like this compared to the old one, please realise that with a couple of fixes this will simply be a much slicker forum experience.

Edit: what the hell, so wo rich taxt / tags work for me but none for non admins?!
<message edited by Adam Doree on Jul 22, 2008 05:52>
AdamDoree

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 07:18
Adam Doree

Priority 1 to fix is that none of the code eg bold and quoting works -- as I mentioned in another thread, this is strange as it was working when we were testing non publicly. Please bear with us as we sort through things like this.
And and to the couple of you who say you don't like this compared to the old one, please realise that with a couple of fixes this will simply be a much slicker forum experience.

Edit: what the hell, so wo rich taxt / tags work for me but none for non admins?!

test quote as non admin 

test bold

test bold 2
<message edited by Adam Doree on Jul 22, 2008 08:10>
locopuyo

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 07:49
You can see broken html tags and stuff here, they shouldn't be hard to fix.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.kikizo.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0
This is what causes boxes to be in random places in firefox and stuff, browsers handle broken tags differently.
The biggest problem is that the posting text box doesn't work with Opera 9.5. You click on it and the cursor dissapears so you can't type.
Adam Doree

Re:Welcome to the new Kikizo Forum - Jul 22, 2008 08:20
locopuyo

You can see broken html tags and stuff here, they shouldn't be hard to fix.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.kikizo.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0
This is what causes boxes to be in random places in firefox and stuff, browsers handle broken tags differently.
The biggest problem is that the posting text box doesn't work with Opera 9.5. You click on it and the cursor dissapears so you can't type.

Dude, you can put reuptable sites like Google.com, Microsoft.com, hell even Mozilla.com into the W3 validators, they all have errors, some of them hudreds and thousands of errors... sometimes errors are simply unavoidable to achieve certain things. Generally the structural code here is pretty consistent (and you should not notice ANY significant visual inconsistencies across browsers over on the main Kikizo website).

The important thing is what is the effect (visually / functionally) and in what browser, eg can you post images. Then we work on resolving it, perhaps using validator as a tool to this process. What is futile, is to try and get to zero errors in W3 validator even if it makes no difference to user experience.

Noted the point about posting in Opera.
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 103

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread