Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wall-E -- beautiful, but overrated IMO
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Wall-E -- beautiful, but overrated IMO - Jul 22, 2008 07:03
So I finally saw Wall-E last night. It was visually stunning and as a movie very unique, but looking through some of the Rotten Tomatoes critic comments, I would also say it's a bit overrarted.  It's one of the more interesting Pixar movies but I don't think it had the charm or perfect balance of their high points like Ratatouille. I think this was down to how ambitious it was and it seemed like a struggle to stretch the premise over a full length movie. An hour movie might have been better. Anyone agree / disagree?

By the way as I mentioned over in the huge "what movies have you recently..." thread I would like to suggest we have different threads for different films / whatever else, so that people can take what they want from the Everything Else board, and so things are more organised / manageable.

I am seeing the Dark Knight tonight (yes I know it's not out in the UK yet, but come on, we're talking about Kikizo staff here). I can't wait - it sounds awesome. The European premiere was on down outside our office last night, but of course, I tend to avoid hanging around at premieres unless I can get a sniff of Natalie Portman, or unless I am invited inside (the premiere, not Natalie)... but last night I was too busy in the adjacent Empire watching Wall-E, in any case.

It's ages since I watched a movie in a proper cinema (Bourne, last year) so two in two nights is a bit mad for me...
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Wall-E -- beautiful, but overrated IMO - Jul 22, 2008 09:38
I liked Wall-E.  Will probably buy it on Blu-ray.  I still like The Incredibles, Finding Nemo Toy Story 2, etc better, but this one is definitely good.  I did not like how they used real actors in parts.

The Dark Knight is pretty good, but if you are built way up on hype, it may not end up being as good as you thought it would be.  Still a fantastic movie that I will purchase!
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Wall-E -- beautiful, but overrated IMO - Jul 22, 2008 16:06
I hated Ratatoullie. It along with Cars seemed a bit uninspired compared to previous works. As it stands The Incredibles and Monsters Inc remain my favorites.

As for The Dark Knight. 30 minutes too long I say. Heath however is very much deserving of all the praise he has gotten. And most definitly see it on an IMAX, they didnt record those scenes with that special camera for nothing.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Wall-E -- beautiful, but overrated IMO - Jul 22, 2008 17:49
Monsters inc was the best, Walle was good too.
Dreadknux

• Total Posts : 35
Re:Wall-E -- beautiful, but overrated IMO - Jul 22, 2008 19:29
I've not seen Ratatouille or Cars, for some reason... something about those ones just didn't reach out and grab me and say "HEY INNER CHILD! WATCH ME!" like Pixar's previous works.

Am definitely looking forward to Wall.E though, if only because the premise is just something you don't really see these days - a (sort of) silent movie, a rather basic (in terms of storyline and premise) animation that you can watch and get all sorts of messages from.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Wall-E -- beautiful, but overrated IMO - Jul 23, 2008 00:55
Oh, I hates Cars as well!  My least favorite Pixar movie!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll