Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 WTF !!!!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
WTF !!!!! - Jun 26, 2008 15:23
Denis Dyack created this thread on NeoGAF

Too Human – Stand and be counted

Considering the fact that most of GAF is sony-nation the replies are hilarious ...
< Message edited by 2pac -- 26 Jun 08 7:25:25 >
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 26, 2008 16:41
Feckin' idiots...
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 26, 2008 16:44
Who the hell is this Denis fella?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 26, 2008 21:45
Umm, is that really Denis Dyack? If it is he seems...illiterate.

" So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire"
" When the game is released and everyone plays game"
" I would like to make a honorary invitation"
" I invite anyone who seeing someone trolling"
" So it’s time to be stand and be counted"
" I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by the GAF”"

Somehow I dont think it is. I certainly wont be buying the game if it is!
< Message edited by choupolo -- 26 Jun 08 13:46:03 >
2pac

RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 26, 2008 22:27

ORIGINAL: choupolo

Umm, is that really Denis Dyack? If it is he seems...illiterate.

" So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire"
" When the game is released and everyone plays game"
" I would like to make a honorary invitation"
" I invite anyone who seeing someone trolling"
" So it’s time to be stand and be counted"
" I am comfortable with getting tagged “Owned by the GAF”"

Somehow I dont think it is. I certainly wont be buying the game if it is!

. Never noticed these . DD would have responded if it wasnt real . The news about the thread is all over the internet .
You wont be buying the game because he doesnt spell correctly ?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 26, 2008 22:40
There is no way in hell that this is Dyack writing that post. As choupolo pointed out the grammatical errors in this supposedly real post are enough proof that this has to be a " troll" who is using his name.

And really, if Dyack is really that confident about Too Human do you really think that he would be pleading with the gaming public on GAF?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 26, 2008 22:59
I think the impostor is 2pac.
2pac

RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 26, 2008 23:11
I wont make so many grammatical mistakes ...
canadagamer

RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 26, 2008 23:20

I think the impostor is 2pac.

I thought that as well, but when the GAF thread didn' t start with:

" I will piss on those who don' t bow to Too Human' s Awesomeness" , I knew right away that it couldn' t be 2pac.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 26, 2008 23:53
I can confirm that it is Denis Dyack. He, like myself has been posting on GAF for a couple of years now, and his posts have always been dumb.

I' ve said it before and i' ll say it again. The guy is an idiot.

choupolo

RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 27, 2008 00:08

You wont be buying the game because he doesnt spell correctly ?

The guy is meant to be a leading figure in the games industry, and English is his main language, so I would' ve expected better. I tend to look at the people behind the game a lot before deciding on buying their game, what they say and do represents them.

That post in itself has seriously damaged his image in my view, NOT just because of the grammar. Call me a snob, but I won' t play a game made by a numpty.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 27, 2008 00:20
Having hung out with Dyack and had some drinks with him at GDC it kinda astonished me how much the guy hates GAF. Then again most of the bigger developers do. CliffyB even voiced his dislike for that board one of the time I talked to him (though he did say it was a good place to be humbled and he appreciated that). The GAF thing mainly gets brought up because the friend I hang out with while attending the shows is a writer for GAF.

I have no doubt it' s Dyack on the board. He really feels he has something to prove with this game due to all the criticism it' s gotten. I understand he' s spent a decade working on the game but he takes it a little too personal.
2pac

RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 27, 2008 00:41
Why shouldn' t he take it personally ? I feel trolls should get it back . All they do is unnecessarily criticize games . Internet forum + 13 yr olds / Fanboys = BS ..
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 27, 2008 01:00
He started the thread because Too Human is one of the very few games that have been fair game for all kinds of slander. He has a point, but he' s gone the wrong way about making it.

I don' t like Dyack and i think Too Human looks lame, but the posts on GAF have been limited to stuff lke " Too Human blows goats for quarters!1!!" with no argument support said posters extreme opinion regarding the game. The game almost certaionly deserves a ton of critism, but it doesn' t deserve to be slated the way it has in multiple threads on GAF over the past 2 years.

If Dyack is so confident in his game, he' d have been better off letting it' s quality speak for itself. I' m 100% positive that the game will sell very well, but i expect the reception to be mixed and for the game to fail to live up to my expectations (of a AAA title this gen).
2pac

RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 27, 2008 01:11

ORIGINAL: Nitro

He started the thread because Too Human is one of the very few games that have been fair game for all kinds of slander. He has a point, but he' s gone the wrong way about making it.

I don' t like Dyack and i think Too Human looks lame, but the posts on GAF have been limited to stuff lke " Too Human blows goats for quarters!1!!" with no argument support said posters extreme opinion regarding the game. The game almost certaionly deserves a ton of critism, but it doesn' t deserve to be slated the way it has in multiple threads on GAF over the past 2 years.

If Dyack is so confident in his game, he' d have been better off letting it' s quality speak for itself. I' m 100% positive that the game will sell very well, but i expect the reception to be mixed and for the game to fail to live up to my expectations (of a AAA title this gen).

*claps*

I dont care about DD . I just want the freaking game already .
Too Human has a lot of promise but as you said i am pretty sure it wont be the title it could have been for various reasons . Too Human 2 on the other hand could be awesome and that is why it is imperative that too human sells well enough .

choupolo

RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 27, 2008 01:17
Thread has been taken down I think.

Those were the words of a man who is depressed about his game. I don' t see why anyone would otherwise walk up to a large crowd and shout, " Ok everyone who like my game?? I likes my game. Please like my game too!" and expect a valid response.

If you want the average forumite to love you, you make a game focused on pleasing the crowd and give them what they want eg guns, explosions, bald heads and boobs. A game like Too Human needs to focus on being itself and forget what people think about it, it doesn' t need to be ' owned by the GAF' , whatever that means.

I dunno whether the game will be good or not yet, but these antics are damaging.
2pac

RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 27, 2008 01:40
He isnt telling everyone to like his game in that thread . He had asked the posters to tag whether they like the game or not ..
choupolo

RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 27, 2008 01:54
Im sure he knows how many people dont like his game already. To me he just seems desperate to get some kind of positive feedback.
canadagamer

RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 27, 2008 02:12
I can' t believe that it is really Dyack. I mean, just like was posted above this is the lead for SK and should have a better grasp of the English language.

Anyway, I completely agree with NitroMajikJewBoy that Too Human deserves all of the criticism that it is getting. 10 year development cycle, poor showing at E3, trailers and video diaries that really haven' t shown why gamers should drop $60 on their game, are all reasons why this game is being criticized so heavily. I hope as well that Too Human turns out to be as good as I want it to be, and I will be buying it on day one.
2pac

RE: WTF !!!!! - Jun 27, 2008 02:26

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

I can' t believe that it is really Dyack. I mean, just like was posted above this is the lead for SK and should have a better grasp of the English language.

Anyway, I completely agree with NitroMajikJewBoy that Too Human deserves all of the criticism that it is getting. 10 year development cycle, poor showing at E3, trailers and video diaries that really haven' t shown why gamers should drop $60 on their game, are all reasons why this game is being criticized so heavily. I hope as well that Too Human turns out to be as good as I want it to be, and I will be buying it on day one.

Stop with the grammar thing already . He was posting on a forum not giving an english exam .. And Nitro said the game doesn' t deserve blind critism . E3 showing was bad granted but the recent videos show that the game has come a long way . Anybody expecting the game to look and play like NG2 / DMC are obviously going to be disappointed and that is one of the primary reasons for the game receving all the bad press . Most of the comments you will find online are " DMC shits all over this " " NG2 does it better " . This is primarily DD' s fault . He should have shown the right videos instead of blabbering on about how this game is an ' rpg with action elements' .
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message