Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Viking Review
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Viking Review - Mar 25, 2008 16:26

frustrating gameplay and bad sound work is to blame. My money will go to Condemned instead.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Viking Review - Mar 25, 2008 16:32

frustrating gameplay and bad sound work is to blame. My money will go to Condemned instead.

Don' t buy Condemned, just rent it. I beat it quickly and I was drunk and hungover at the time. I would say there is little to no replay value, and I personally don' t like the multiplayer. The hit detection seems terribly off in multiplayer, and everyone moves like a play-mobile figurine beating an animatronic corpse from a carnival with a rolled up newspaper.
Vx Chemical

RE: Viking Review - Mar 25, 2008 16:37
That would be assuming i could rent a game and complete it over a weekend. a game like condemned will be 1-2 weeks of gameplay for me, since my gaming time is limited.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Viking Review - Mar 25, 2008 18:38
Vx Chemical

RE: Viking Review - Mar 25, 2008 19:23

I... hate you!
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Viking Review - Mar 25, 2008 19:35
I just hope Too Human' s reviews are as " accurate" .
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Viking Review - Mar 25, 2008 22:05
I' m still going to pick this one up, even with the reviews.

2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Viking Review - Mar 25, 2008 22:29

ORIGINAL: Majik

So now we are comparing Too Human to this ? [:' (] and also what Vx said above ..
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Viking Review - Mar 25, 2008 23:35

ORIGINAL: 2pac

ORIGINAL: Majik

So now we are comparing Too Human to this ? [:' (] and also what Vx said above ..

No, ...i just don' t want reviewers to get lost in the hype. This review looks accurate. I want Too Humans reviews to be just as accurate.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Viking Review - Mar 25, 2008 23:48
Too Human hasnt been hyped.

from the early screen shots we all thought it were a DMC/NG clonse in a cyberspace setting with robots,now its the same but a RPG more like diablo.

If thats not your genre,fine but dont review the game then.
Majik for some reason dislike the game because its not in his genre,because I never heard him talking about wanting something similiar.

With that said,the game so far looks just allright,nothing AAA about the game so far,the graphic is great but we havnt seen any quest or co-op at all yet.

Until that is shown then we can talk if the game seems to deliver or not.

Because just looking at someone hitting dead monster in castlevania or diablo isnt fun,but it is polaying and doing quest.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Viking Review - Mar 25, 2008 23:54

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Too Human hasnt been hyped.

from the early screen shots we all thought it were a DMC/NG clonse in a cyberspace setting with robots,now its the same but a RPG more like diablo.

If thats not your genre,fine but dont review the game then.
Majik for some reason dislike the game because its not in his genre,because I never heard him talking about wanting something similiar.

With that said,the game so far looks just allright,nothing AAA about the game so far,the graphic is great but we havnt seen any quest or co-op at all yet.

Until that is shown then we can talk if the game seems to deliver or not.

Because just looking at someone hitting dead monster in castlevania or diablo isnt fun,but it is polaying and doing quest.

Where have u been Quez ? Is this some kind of Swedish boycott or something cos even Ginj hasnt been seen around for quite a while ?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Viking Review - Mar 26, 2008 10:04
So VX, were you actually looking forward to this game?
Vx Chemical

RE: Viking Review - Mar 26, 2008 13:54

So VX, were you actually looking forward to this game?

Yeah i just wanted something radically different from COD4.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Viking Review - Mar 26, 2008 20:57
Im not doing a boycote.

Im playing games like -sins of a solar empire,rainbowsix2 and c&c3 expansions,just doesnt have time to talk games when I can actually play some.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Viking Review - Mar 26, 2008 23:46

Yeah i just wanted something radically different from COD4.

I understand that sentiment wholeheartedly. I realized I should be diversifying my games a bit when I unlocked the golden Benelli. I shouldn' t be getting 200 shotty headshots in 2 days.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 26 Mar 08 15:51:23 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Viking Review - Mar 28, 2008 00:35
TeamXbox is more pleased. 8,2

This makes me wanna get it anyway! damn, i could just return it if i hate
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Viking Review - Mar 28, 2008 00:48
Sorry about the offtopic but its not worth making a new thread for this. Does Condemed 2 depend on the first game story? or is it a new story but shares the same name? Do i need to play the first to play this one? it looks cool but i dont want to play it if i have to play the first one.
Vx Chemical

RE: Viking Review - Mar 28, 2008 00:57
The lead character is the ssame, and some of the stuff form his background is nice to know, but the main story ended in the first.

here is a summery

The game begins with the protagonist, FBI agent Ethan Thomas, arriving at the scene of a murder. He and his fellow officers go into an abandoned building that is surrounded by pyschopaths and criminals. The murder they observe is one of a young woman. She is on the floor with strangled wounds across from what is a male mannequin. Ethan along with his colleagues agree that the murder was most likely one of the Matchmaker' s, a murderer that Ethan has been on the trail of for quite a while. After they observe the scene further they move into another room where they smell smoke. They decide to go after the suspect they hear above them by splitting up. While searching for the suspect, he is flung from an electrical box by the resulting charge of activating it. This makes him accidentally drop his weapon and a man hiding in the shadows takes it. The man tells him not to interfere with his mission. Some officers enter the room as this event takes place, and the man shoots at them before shoving Ethan out a window onto the street.

Ethan wakes up in his apartment with Malcolm Vanhorn, a friend of Ethan’s father, at his side. Malcolm warns Ethan that he is wanted for the deaths of two of the officers that the man at the crime scene shot. Ethan is determined to prove his innocence.

He soon finds evidence that the man is interested in Ethan’s FBI career. Later, he finds one of the serial killers that he had been looking for killed by his own modus operandi. He presumes that the man at the crime scene is trying to kill the serial killers that Ethan is looking for, so he searches for the one that he thinks is next, the Torturer.

Shortly before finding the Torturer, Ethan is attacked by a strange man-like creature. Ethan kills the creature, and then finds the Torturer dead, also killed by his own modus operandi. Soon Ethan finds the mysterious killer, who is revealed to be Leland Vanhorn, nephew of Malcolm Vanhorn. Malcolm arrives and knocks Ethan out to prevent him from hurting Leland. Leland then knocks Malcolm out.

When Ethan revives, he is tied up and at the mercy of Leland. He explains to Ethan that he has been killing the serial killers that Ethan had been hunting, and that he intends to kill Ethan as well. While Leland is talking, Ethan notices another man-like creature hiding in the rafters. Malcolm jumps Leland from behind and begins to wrestle him. Ethan manages to free himself, and Malcolm tells him to kill the creature saying that it is the cause of Leland’s madness. Ethan pursues the creature as it tries to escape. He eventually corners it in a barn and kills it.

As Malcolm drives Ethan home, Ethan discovers that Leland is alive in the trunk of the car. When Ethan looks in the trunk, he is given the option to shoot Leland as he lies tied up. If he does not shoot Leland himself, Leland pulls out his gun and waves it at Ethan before committing suicide. Later, Ethan and Rosa are having a conversation in a diner when Ethan excuses himself to go to the bathroom. Something bizarre happens in the bathroom and Ethan' s face becomes that of the man-like creature.

read more here
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Viking Review - Mar 28, 2008 05:22
Uh... Spoiler alert there, buddy!
Vx Chemical

RE: Viking Review - Mar 28, 2008 05:24

Uh... Spoiler alert there, buddy!

Mmm yeah its the entire plot of the first Condemned, i was thinking most people were through it if they were ever going to play it
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message