Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Aug 31, 2007 08:45
So I been thinking why,is it because of the low installbase or is it because Japanese developers wants to stop people in their country from playing online because for ex SEGA makes lots of money on the arcades.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Aug 31, 2007 09:01
Hmmn, probably more to do with the fact the 360 doesnt have the installed base over there as you have alrleady said. Sega Sammy is doing too well over there from the home console cash-ins of their arcade titles so if this were the case I doubt we had ever seen any good home ports of their titles.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Aug 31, 2007 09:14
1) VF is mainly for the Hardcore audience.

2) Hardcore Japanese VF fans know all about the frames and know playing online is weak..

Real-time, Face to face, In the arcades is where you' ll find VF players, challanging others.. be it in the morning or at night.

That leads me to...

3)Online play was only added to keep westerners interested as They know how much you love the novelty of hiding behind your 360 pads, challanging kids online with missing frames and all.

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 31 Aug 07 1:21:18 >
Ikashiru

RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Aug 31, 2007 09:42
lol, fair points - but I would hardly call netowrks like xbox live novelty! VF3 shipped 50k copies in a week on PS3, it' s great that Japans arcades are still alive and kicking but in a worldwide context arcades could be considered novelty, or niche! Perhaps it' s not about hiding behind pads, rather than being ranked amoungst the best in the world at something instead of your locality?

I do miss arcades in Europe, and I know they were nothing in comparison to Japan - but now all that is left with a few exceptions are dingy smoke-dens filled only with gamblers..
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Aug 31, 2007 09:50

1) VF is mainly for the Hardcore audience.

2) Hardcore Japanese VF fans know all about the frames and know playing online is weak..

Real-time, Face to face, In the arcades is where you' ll find VF players, challanging others.. be it in the morning or at night.

That leads me to...

3)Online play was only added to keep westerners interested as They know how much you love the novelty of hiding behind your 360 pads, challanging kids online with missing frames and all.

I actually agree with you on this one. Some games need to stay offline.
Ikashiru

RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Aug 31, 2007 09:53
I look at games which have had poorly implimented online modes tacked onto them with a certain amount of distain. For example, track and field on XBL - LAGS!! Why even bother, sometimes it is just better to just preserve something.

Conversely pac mac championship edition is actual rather good - and also has the added benefit of no xbl multiplayer and is actually all the better for it. Control wise it actually feels tight on the pad in much the same sense that the original did in a stick.

It' s interesting to look at the number of ports and how acceptable they have become, I remember ten years ago or so when porting something was passe!
< Message edited by ikashiru -- 31 Aug 07 1:56:35 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Aug 31, 2007 11:23
I agree that online playing is weak. I used to pay for Xbox Live, but I found that it is boring. I' s worse than a kindergarten playground (note to Brits: Kindergarten is a " school" for 5-year-olds here in the states). Now I have a silver account to download demos and other crap like that
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Aug 31, 2007 12:03
" The term kindergarten is rarely used in the UK to describe pre-school education. Pre-schools are usually known as nursery schools or playgroups. The word kindergarten is however sometimes used in the naming of private nurseries which provide full-day child care for working mothers.

In the UK children attend nursery between the ages of three and five. Some nurseries are attached to state infant or primary schools, but the majority are provided by the private sector. In England and Wales the government provides funding so that all children aged between three and four can receive five two and a half hour sessions of free nursery education per week. Nursery forms part of the Foundation Stage of education.

In England and Wales children start school either in the term or year in which they will become five depending on the policy of the Local Education Authority. In Scotland schooling is compulsory from the August after the child' s fifth birthday. The first year of schooling is known as Reception in England, Dosbarth Derbyn in Welsh and Primary One in Scotland."

No wonder Europeans are such pussies. They go to " Nursery." Pussies.
< Message edited by emofag -- 31 Aug 07 4:04:55 >
emofag

RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Aug 31, 2007 12:16

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

I agree that online playing is weak. I used to pay for Xbox Live, but I found that it is boring. I' s worse than a kindergarten playground (note to Brits: Kindergarten is a " school" for 5-year-olds here in the states). Now I have a silver account to download demos and other crap like that

It depends on the game really.

I wouldn' t have liked to miss out on online games like PSO, WoW, Quake 3 Arena, Halo 2, etc.

But most online games nowadays have it as a thrown in feature, games that are DESIGNED around online play are great, games that are obviously not meant to go online, such as Dead Or Alive 4, Tony Hawk, Madden, etc. provide a crappy online experience.
Ikashiru

RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Aug 31, 2007 18:44

Nursery at least sounds like a real word. They haven' t ripped off a German phrase which means kiddy garden!

Personally if it lags and it is a low footprint game it' s got to have more to do with MS breathing down your neck with connectivity requirements than of a devs own volition if they cant implement it properly over a best service network such as the net.

I pay for gold because there are times I want to play with my brother in australia, or my other one in London. My other little brother is a broke ass somewhere else in bristol, but I never see him. He' s probably in a gutter somewhere! Phillistine!
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Sep 01, 2007 07:15
Im sure both of the Japanese 360 owners are dissapointed when they live in walking distance of several arcades
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Sep 01, 2007 08:56

Im sure both of the Japanese 360 owners are dissapointed when they live in walking distance of several arcades

Lol, thats teh best way to put it.. hehe.
emofag

RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Sep 01, 2007 11:18

ORIGINAL: Ikashiru

Nursery at least sounds like a real word. They haven' t ripped off a German phrase which means kiddy garden!

Personally if it lags and it is a low footprint game it' s got to have more to do with MS breathing down your neck with connectivity requirements than of a devs own volition if they cant implement it properly over a best service network such as the net.

I pay for gold because there are times I want to play with my brother in australia, or my other one in London. My other little brother is a broke ass somewhere else in bristol, but I never see him. He' s probably in a gutter somewhere! Phillistine!

Whatever, go you to your " Nursery" and get " Nurtured" Pussy boy.
Ikashiru

RE: VF5 for 360 might not come out in JAPAN - Sep 01, 2007 21:49
*yawn*

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages