Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Nov 25, 2007 02:56
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Nov 25, 2007 03:15
yes and it r0x mah s0x
Agent Ghost

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Nov 25, 2007 03:20
FUCK, I was in Ottawa yesterday to pick up a watch. I knew I should have walked into EB games. Now I have to go back again. This is cutting into my COD4 time. ... UT3!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Nov 25, 2007 04:01
Screens once you got it please.
Agent Ghost

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Nov 25, 2007 05:05
I' ll probably pick it up next week. I don' t feel like going anywhere today. Loco, are there higher graphic settings than in the demo?

Is it true that the demo is only medium settings compared to the retail game?
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 24 Nov 07 21:08:37 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Nov 25, 2007 09:11
hmmmmm...

Need to play ME+AC6 first...A lot...but might pick this up later,it looks great.

But thats about it too...
locopuyo

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Nov 25, 2007 11:17
The textures in the demo were highly compressed. The ones in the real game are very detailed.

But it still runs uber smooth, even smoother than the demo. The graphics are better than crysis with a way higher framerate. The crysis engine isn' t in the same league as UE3.

So far single player just seems to be playing matches, which is kind of what I expected. There are a lot of cut scenes and story to go along with it though. It is obviously a multiplayer game and the single player story, cutscenes, and other stuff aren' t as good as Gears' . But it is better than not having anything.

I haven' t been playing it as much as I like because my video card overheats. But an 8800 is on the way. It runs silky smooth with a 1900 though.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Nov 25, 2007 20:51

So far single player just seems to be playing matches, which is kind of what I expected. There are a lot of cut scenes and story to go along with it though. It is obviously a multiplayer game and the single player story, cutscenes, and other stuff aren' t as good as Gears' . But it is better than not having anything.

UT' s single player has always been lacking. But then again, the theyre 1 for 2 in the SP arena. Unreal Championship II' s SP was terrible, and Gears' was great. It would be really cool if in the future they start bundling Gears games with UT as the MP component, since they both use the same engine it would be doable. That way you could get Epic' s epic(haha) MP and SP games together. Would gladly pay $80-100 or so for it, plus think how much pull those 2 names have together in the industry. Or if they offered it for $60, something could compete with Orange Box in terms of Value.
Agent Ghost

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Dec 02, 2007 16:14
One huge annoyance is that you have to be connected online to save. They' re supposed to fix this with a patch.

What can I use to take some good pics? I tried using FRAPS but the pics were blurry.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 2 Dec 07 8:51:47 >
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Dec 02, 2007 18:36
PrintKey 2000 is your friend.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Dec 02, 2007 20:48

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

But it still runs uber smooth, even smoother than the demo. The graphics are better than crysis with a way higher framerate. The crysis engine isn' t in the same league as UE3.

Ha... HAHA... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... oh man... that was a good one.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Dec 02, 2007 23:07

PrintKey 2000 is your friend.

Nifty little app. Can' t believe they wanted you to pay for it though.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Dec 03, 2007 01:36

Nifty little app. Can' t believe they wanted you to pay for it though.

Well then don' t pay for it. Pm me if you wont to know more about Free print key Hint Hint.
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 2 Dec 07 17:53:11 >
locopuyo

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Dec 03, 2007 05:13
Okay, so the graphics aren' t as detailed as crysis. At their highest they are more detailed than crysis' s medium detail but not as detailed as crysis' s high detail. But the art direction blows away crysis' s and the performance to detail ratio also blows away crysis. Also UT3 beats crysis in some graphical effects such as the focus and the neat little detail effects UT3 has on weapons and such. So I stand by my statement that UT3' s graphics are better. UT3 is also a lot more scaleable, you can run it on old GPUs with pretty good performance and it still looks and runs great.
It would be nice if UT3 had even higher settings though, it has room to push my 8800 further.

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

Ha... HAHA... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... oh man... that was a good one.

Agent Ghost

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Dec 03, 2007 10:29

my character (Ronin)

another example (Iron Guard)

A lot of quality is lost. It just looks better when you play the game.

It' s actaully a pain in the ass to take pictures that do the game justice.

I' ll try again later in the next few days.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 3 Dec 07 2:59:56 >
locopuyo

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Dec 03, 2007 12:22
In game press F9 then go to My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\ScreenShots and you' ll have .bmp' s of the screen-shots. But yeah, screen-shtos do not do it justice, the animation and motion system is really amazing. You miss all of that with a screen-shot.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Dec 03, 2007 16:11
I' m never one for screenshots but them screens still look good. Might pick this game up today, although i won' t get to play it (or anything) till Friday
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Dec 07, 2007 01:42
Been playing it today. Definitely looks outstanding. Oddly enough I think the cutscenes look worse than gameplay. They are all blurry and crap. I' m running everything maxed out and it does run perfectly smooth. Crysis, imo, still looks better but this game does have great art direction and looks awesome.
locopuyo

RE: Unreal Tournament 3 (PC) is out!? - Dec 07, 2007 12:52

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message