Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 UTIII for the 360?????
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
UTIII for the 360????? - Nov 02, 2007 02:23
I am very confused. Is UTIII actually going to be coming out on the 360 at some point? Is so, how long after the PS3 version will it be out on the 360?

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: UTIII for the 360????? - Nov 02, 2007 02:43
It' s out on PC this month, PS3 next month (or so i' m told) and 360 in March (probably).

Read THIS It only went up this afternoon.

Ushering us into a room laden with linked Xbox 360s, Morris and Polge invite us to sit and take part in some serious multiplayer action. We happily oblige.

The playtest kicks off inside (and out) a giant wheel-shaped space station. What strikes us like a bolt of lightening seeking out a hairdryer is that the already staggering Unreal Engine 3 – so impressive in Gears of War – has been tweaked to even greater levels of visual excellence and performance.

Heading outside into the zero gravity void, we hop from one end of the station’s hulking framework of knotted metal to the other, while spitting out bullets at our floating foes. The transition from outdoors to indoors is seamless, with the unceasing action never compromised as we power through the level, jousting in intense battles with our fellow combatants.

Perhaps even more impressive is the sheer quality of the AI bots. Strafing, jumping, switching weapons and shooting with lifelike degrees of accuracy, these computer-controlled enemies are practically indistinguishable from our human opponents. “We’ve put a large focus on AI, because a large percentage of people who bought our previous products never went online,” explains Morris, as we battle one of the bots in a bouncing, low-gravity rocket launcher duel. “Our AI is trying to simulate a 14-year-old kid who’s trying to exploit you on their high-school LAN. We’ve got some really challenging bots, both for the newcomer and for veterans of multiplayer games.”

As if to further showcase the quality of UTIII’s AI, we play a team game alongside bots. Issuing them with barked orders through our mics, we watch them follow their instructions to the letter before intelligently reporting their current status in minute detail.

canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: UTIII for the 360????? - Nov 02, 2007 03:20
Thanks a lot Nitro. That was a great article, and makes me want to play this game very badly now. Too bad I don' t have a PC powerful enough to run this game, which is why I was asking about the 360 version.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll