Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 09, 2007 23:09
Via the Activision " now hiring" site. Skip down to the bottom for the important stuff.

Level Builder - Call of Duty

Apply Online

Description
Treyarch (an Activision studio) is looking for talented and motivated Level Builders to join the team that developed Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, and Call of Duty: United Offensive! We have positions open for both Multiplayer and Single Player builders. We are located in sunny Santa Monica, CA, close to the beach.

Treyarch is dedicated to making AAA quality, commercially successful games, with the best and brightest talent. If you are ready to do the best work of your career in an environment that supports, enables and rewards you, please read below to see how you can become part of the Treyarch team:

Level Builder Tasks:

* Build realistic levels for an industry leading First-Person Shooter action war franchise using Radiant quickly and efficiently.
* Detail & polish levels (including lighting) based on photo reference, concept art, and design documents.
* Take direction from design leads to refine mechanics of the map.
* Research subject matter for history and look of the map.
* Be able to meet deadlines and communicate clearly and effectively.
* Work effectively as part of a design team to formulate strategies and implement ideas.

Qualifications

Level Editor experience with Radiant, Unreal, or Quake. Radiant preferred.

Working experience with First-Person Shooter or Third-Person Shooter genres (console or PC). And if you’re a fan of World War 2 shooters, then even better!

Working knowledge of the following languages: C++, LUA, Unreal, or GSC. GSC or C++ preferred.

MOD Community experience is good. Industry experience is better.

Must have a demo reel or portfolio of screenshots available to be able to interview.

Well folks, that about sells it for me. If you like rehashed plotlines, lifeless characters, framerate issues, unrealistic looking and sounding weapons, monster closets, and ranked matches that don' t work for the first week, you' re going to love Call of Duty 5!

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 09, 2007 23:18
2 steps forward and 11 steps back then.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 09, 2007 23:27
Whats worse, it implies itll be WWII again. God Treyarch sucks, eventually theyll kill the series.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 09, 2007 23:58
It won' t be a Call of Duty game.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 10, 2007 00:11
And this happens just when I start to love cod4 . I hate the WWII Cod series But I love cod4. They should just stop making old ass games . I hope cod5 is not based back in the day .
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 10, 2007 00:40

It won' t be a Call of Duty game.
How do you figure?

And this happens just when I start to love cod4 . I hate the WWII Cod series But I love cod4. They should just stop making old ass games . I hope cod5 is not based back in the day .

I' m a self-proclaimed history nerd, and WWI up through Korea is my main point of interest. I' d really like them to do a game on the Korean conflict. It hasn' t ever been touched in the mainstream FPS genre, so far as I know. It has a much needed change of scenery and enemies, and the weapons are the bridge between the Pre-WWII and Warsaw Pact eras.
Nitro

RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 10, 2007 01:19

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

How do you figure?

World War II doesn' t automatically translate to a Call of Duty game, and taking that franchise back to that time period after Co4' s critical acclaim would be illogical.

The job description mentions first and third person shooters ad WWII. The only thing to tie it to Call of Duty is that Treyarch happen to have handled the 3rd game, and some of the guys now working for there were previously working for Gray Matter before the studios were merged - and Gray Matter handled United Offensive and Big Red One.

I' d put my money on it being a new IP.

Unless ofcourse the rumour about Treyarch developing the the odd numbered games in the series and keeping it WWII, and Infinity Ward doing the even numbered games and keeping it modern was true...

I guess that would make financial sense for Activision... but it' d piss a lot of people off.

It' s not a big studio and they' re already working on a Bond game, so CoD5 would have to have been in development since 3 was released to be out before mid-2009.

I want Infinity Ward to do a Nam game...
< Message edited by nitro -- 9 Dec 07 17:20:59 >
Nitro

RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 10, 2007 01:59
Internet Archive shows that the website (or at least the jobs page) changed in February 2007. They switched from actually having the jobs up as text on the page to pulling the data in realtime from another source meaning that what we' re seeing now should be current.

Treyarch do appear to be looking for a producer, associate producer, senior animator , scripter and level builder to work on a Call of Duty game.

Unless the data that' s being pulled from Taleo' s server is incorrect or old.

Maybe they' ll let us play as Nazi' s?
< Message edited by nitro -- 9 Dec 07 18:01:31 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 10, 2007 09:36
Call of Duty: German Front

A ' Nam game by Infinity Ward? Yeah, I suppose you could do it, but I doubt they' d go for it. You could flip-flop between US and South-Vietnamese forces, but they like to round off with 3 distinct armies (As many countries were involved in Vietnam, the uneducated American gamer isn' t going to pick up the subtle nuances between Southeast-Asian countries).

Korea had tons of distinct countries to chose from. Republic of Korea, Australia, Belgium, Canada, New Zealand, the US, the UK, France, South Africa...

It' d be niiiice.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 10, 2007 17:08

Whats worse, it implies itll be WWII again. God Treyarch sucks, eventually theyll kill the series.

Didn' t the series start off terrible anyway (with the first game)?
mikayd2

RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 11, 2007 02:52

Maybe they' ll let us play as Nazi' s?

Yeah I always wanted to kill them jew bastards lol No Offense to any one I just thought it was funny. Sorry if I come off kind wrong but come on thats funny in so many ways.

Majki aren' t you a jew . That is really funny coming from you.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 11, 2007 05:21
Marink, are you on crack? CoD1 was the best WWII FPS of its time.
mikayd2

RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 11, 2007 05:26

CoD1 was the best WWII FPS of its time.

I guess I hated all of them except Cod4 which is a really great game.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 11, 2007 05:41
The original Call of Duty was fantastic. I still play it.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 11, 2007 06:53
UPDATE

According to Kotaku, and their apparently very-reliable source, it' s going to be done by Treyarch, and will take place in the Pacific.

What we didn' t know is that, according to this tipster, the game' s set in the under-utilized Pacific theater, something only one major WWII shooter - the awful Medal of Honour: Pacific Assault - has tried before. While (if true) the move back to well-worn WWII is mostly disappointing, if this game can branch out and explore some of the less " popular" aspects of the conflict (China, Burma, New Guinea), it might not be so bad.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 11, 2007 07:41
COD4 will keep me pleased until COD6.
mikayd2

RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 11, 2007 07:43
Why is he doing this some one please stop him. I hate WWII games . With the success of Cod4 why change something thats not broken I hope he gets fired for the bad sales of cod5. Another WWII I just don' t get the logic in that.
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 10 Dec 07 23:44:50 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Treyarch to Rape CoD... Again - Dec 11, 2007 08:39
I' d rather they screw up WWII than modern combat.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll