Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Thoughts about Gears Of War
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 48 of 48
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Thoughts about Gears Of War - Nov 12, 2006 05:01
Oh hey Majik, where was this Gears thing exactly then? Gonna go down to Meadowhall tomorrow I reckon...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Thoughts about Gears Of War - Nov 12, 2006 05:02
Beat it last night. Best Game Ever. Played some online last night too... just adds to it being the Best Game Ever. Chainsaw gun... BEST WEAPON EVER!!! I love Gears... infact... I may have to change my avatar...
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Thoughts about Gears Of War - Nov 12, 2006 05:11
I' m very displeased with the Review score that this game got here at Kikizo... The grpahics only got a 9?! It' s the best looking game to date by far! Presentation is absolutely incredible as well with insae amounts of polish on everything and it got an 8 in that?! Depth also should have been higher because of online play, co-op, Cog Tag replayability, and the Insane difficulty setting. The sound is also easly ranks up there with the best I' ve ever heard in a game. A nine works in that category but even that seems just a liitle short.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Thoughts about Gears Of War - Nov 12, 2006 05:15

ORIGINAL: choupolo

Oh hey Majik, where was this Gears thing exactly then? Gonna go down to Meadowhall tomorrow I reckon...

Like the guys told me in Manchester, there are 2 sections. One near the Oasis food court entrance and the other in the Lower Arcade. They both had Gears running but i had to queue and show i was over 18. Ther was no multiplayer though, they said they could get it set up, so it was single player only.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Thoughts about Gears Of War - Nov 12, 2006 23:53
They had multiplayer GoW up and running today in Sheffield, 4 on 4, and I have to say it was a lot of fun. Played about an hour altogether with some random people. Didn' t get to play SP but it was on in the background.

I still dont think those Samsung monitors on all their demo pods do the 360 justice. The game looked great especially in the SP game being demo' d by one of the reps, but I couldn' t help feeling that the whole things could look a little sharper with less ghosting.

But yea, I reckon most of my concerns about GoW have been alleviated. I thought ' Stop and Pop' would get old quickly, but it' s really the meaty sounds, platform game like level design and overall atmosphere that more than make up for it. You don' t get any of that in the videos online.

So looking forward to getting the game on Friday, and playing through the SP. Still not a 10/10 game for me, but I can' t deny it' s well made. And best looking game on 360 no doubt, but those Samsung monitors dont do it any justice!

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Thoughts about Gears Of War - Nov 13, 2006 00:22
Joe to answer your question on frame rate skipping in more detail. There are no frame rate drops that I' ve seen but accasionally the frame rate skips. Like a very brief pause (fractions of a second). This happens because data is always being steamed as you' re moving through a level, sometimes there' s a skip as the ram is being filled with new data. This is similar to what happens in Oblivion only Oblivion is a million times worse. This problem ruins Oblivion for some but it' s so minor on GOW that it doesn' t take anything away from the experience.

With regards to the single player experience, its amazing but if you don' t have Live to play Co-op (never mind other online modes) then this game has very little replayability. (90% of the fun for me is in CO-OP.) I can' t wait until I beat Insane with a buddy, because I sure as hell can' t do it on my own.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Thoughts about Gears Of War - Nov 14, 2006 04:29
I cant wait for the next unreal, this engine is insane.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Thoughts about Gears Of War - Nov 14, 2006 04:34
Gears.... Gears.... GEARS!!!!!!

Shall be IN my house this Friday!!!! I have the whole day off too!!!!

So if anyone wants to bite on my already bloodied chainsaw... I got the medicine..
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 48 of 48

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message