Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The little too late Jet Li and Jackie Chan fight scene
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
The little too late Jet Li and Jackie Chan fight scene - Aug 24, 2007 19:54
Tried every combo to make a smaller title, but anyways they got a movie coming up next spring and Jet Li admits the fight scene is better watched with lower expectations then you' d want for the two.

The reason is pretty much true in that they are getting too old for it with a combined age of 100... Li at 44 and Chan at 53...

If only theyd gone and made a film much earlier :(

Owell. Time to look for replacments. My eye' s on that Thai fighter from Ong Bok.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The little too late Jet Li and Jackie Chan fight scene - Aug 24, 2007 20:08

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Owell. Time to look for replacments. My eye' s on that Thai fighter from Ong Bok.

Tony Jaa!!! (Panom Yeerum)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Jaa

He is superior in technique but he lacks the kind of character Chan and Li has, so I doubt he' ll ever come close to those guys in the movie industry.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The little too late Jet Li and Jackie Chan fight scene - Aug 24, 2007 21:23
Jet Li has been the greatest martial artist since Bruce Lee died but Tony Jaa is an amazing fighter. He' s not a great actor though.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: The little too late Jet Li and Jackie Chan fight scene - Aug 25, 2007 10:54
Well, look at it this way tho. Tony Jaa is very new to the industry of films coming over to America or International. He only has 9 films right now and one of them is Ong Bak 2 in production. He' s fairly new at this acting bit so, I' d give him credit for what he' s done so far. I mean Tom yum goong was an excellent action packed movie to debut as an International hit but acting skills could still use a lot of work. The only movie that I will credit Jet Li for being a good actor in was Unleashed out of all the other action packed ones he' s made.
ginjirou

RE: The little too late Jet Li and Jackie Chan fight scene - Aug 25, 2007 20:13
I think Jet Li showed pretty good acting skills in both Hero and Fearless.
But I don' t think the lack of acting skills is Yaas biggest problem, it' s the fact that he lacks the kind of personality Chan and Li has.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 25 Aug 07 12:14:08 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: The little too late Jet Li and Jackie Chan fight scene - Aug 26, 2007 02:40
Im gonna go check out Li in War today see if he' s getting old.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: The little too late Jet Li and Jackie Chan fight scene - Sep 04, 2007 11:37
Jet Li still can' t speak any good english as for instance in War. Not hating on him tho.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: The little too late Jet Li and Jackie Chan fight scene - Sep 04, 2007 12:41

The reason is pretty much true in that they are getting too old for it with a combined age of 100... Li at 44 and Chan at 53...

Imagine what they would be like if they would let stunt doubles do their stunts instead of themselves. After seeing the bloopers from the Rush Hour movies, its hard to imagine how many bones they' ve broken over the years
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: The little too late Jet Li and Jackie Chan fight scene - Sep 05, 2007 07:38

I think Jet Li showed pretty good acting skills in both Hero and Fearless.
But I don' t think the lack of acting skills is Yaas biggest problem, it' s the fact that he lacks the kind of personality Chan and Li has.

true. Jet li is a good actor and excellent an wushu master. Chan is funny/ implements daily objects in with this fighting. Both charismatic and have been in show biz for years. Tony jaa is still new and not much of an excellent actor so i wouldn' t put him in yet.
Throw in Chow Yun-Fat and that' s a movie worth looking at. Good acting skills, mulit linguistic and some martial arts Chow Yun-Fat would bring it to the big screen.
ginjirou

RE: The little too late Jet Li and Jackie Chan fight scene - Sep 05, 2007 11:18
I' ve read that they' re going to do a re-make of Bruce Lee' s " Enter the Dragon" . Terrible, terrible [:' (]

Anyway, Sammo Hung > All

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message