Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The greatness that is Clerks 2
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
The greatness that is Clerks 2 - Jul 25, 2006 12:10
First off I can not stress this enought to you underaged, mainstreet movies fucks out there: THIS IS NOT A JAY AND SILENT BOB MOVIE! IT IS NOT STRAIGHT COMEDY WITH NO STORY TO TELL!!!

Fuck I was angry when I heard people hated it cause Jay and Silent Bob were not key figures in the movie and that this movie had far to many sentimental moments in it...grrr first of of since this is Clerks II it most likly means there is a movie prior to this called Clerks! Go watch it first and take in the style before you go and hate on this very great, hilarious, emotion driven, peice of artwork!

Anyhow saw this movie the other night and fuckn loved it! A perfect sequal to Clerks and a film that floods you with so many different emotions. You' re laughing you ass off one minute then suddenly your struck hard with a sad undertone. The story is so damn good for this kind of movie and I am very impressed with Smiths directing. The pacing & dialouge etc was spot on damn near perfect.

When you get the chance go and watch this flick. Laugh cry cheer fuckn enjoy it!! And make sure you' re not some dimwit fuckup looking for mere shallow comedy with no story to tell. Jay and Silent Bob are great but this movie inst for them nor was it ever. They got their own movie already and it was quite funny but this is an entirely different kind of movie.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The greatness that is Clerks 2 - Jul 25, 2006 20:15
It' s not out in the UK yet but as soon as it does come out i' ll be going to see it.

It' s Smiths' s first direct sequel too which is cool. Dante and Randall 10 years on is an awesome premise for a movie. Of his previous 5 movies set in The Askewniverse i actually much preferred Clerks. The other films were all awesome and the sheer number off crossovers, cut back mentions and in jokes is insane. Clerks was just that bit drier.

Randall is my idol!!!
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: The greatness that is Clerks 2 - Jul 26, 2006 05:06
Goddamn I want tos ee this movie, I have yet to hear one bad review.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: The greatness that is Clerks 2 - Jul 26, 2006 13:09
I' m going to see it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The greatness that is Clerks 2 - Jul 26, 2006 20:36
I couldn' t wait for the theatrical release and ended up watching it last night...

It' s kicks ass!

Randall is my hero!
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: The greatness that is Clerks 2 - Jul 27, 2006 23:54
seen is 3 times now, love it!
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: The greatness that is Clerks 2 - Jul 31, 2006 14:31
I still need to go see it, I loved the first one easily Kevin Smith' s masterpiece. Yeah, it does get annoying when people believe the movie has Jay and Silent Bob as main characters, I loved the way they acted in the first one (more so then their Dogma roles and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) I hope they have the same attitudes, I know that the actor who plays Jay (Mewes) has gotten ALOT better over the years and can' t wait to see their performance, even if it is minor.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: The greatness that is Clerks 2 - Aug 01, 2006 22:23
Well, my car is in the shop, so I have no chance of getting to see this as most of my friends saw it when my car broke down. Damnit!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll