Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The New Xbox
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
The New Xbox - Nov 19, 2008 15:57
Well, its official, the New Xbox Eperience is a waste.

Avatars are gay, the new dashboard looks like a casual gamer designed it. All in all, the up to 8 person party chat is all that makes this worth even being an update.

And all this and they couldnt give us clan's.
BUTTFREAK

• Total Posts : 85
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 19, 2008 16:09
Well that stinks but who cares! XBOX>PS3 anyways! Better graphics and more games
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 19, 2008 17:53
i like that you can copy games to harddrive.
immortaldanmx

Re:The New Xbox - Nov 19, 2008 18:09
BUTTFREAK

Well that stinks but who cares! XBOX>PS3 anyways! Better graphics and more games

Sigh, piss off moron.

Console has nothing to do with the graphics when it comes to 360 and PS3, it has to do with the dev. The graphics cards are almost the same in them, the only advantage either has is the 360's embedded EDRAM, and that only makes adding AA to games easier.

After a little more time, Ive changed my opinion. Everything functions better, where the blade system was clunky and slow loading, this is fast and nicer to look at.

Avatars are limited in clothing and options in general. Chat parties are the shit. And the menus are a lot better.

EDIT: VX, does it help anything? I copied Fallout 3 to it and havent played it yet.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 19, 2008 18:33
Eurogamer tested it, most games had shorter load times, with the exception of Halo 3 which had longer
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 19, 2008 19:28
Well its a free update with many features and looks better then the crayola crayon blades from before whats to really hate? Its not taking away anything as far as I can tell. Whole thing is a lot more dynamic, plus everything is much quicker to load up and browse.

A few minor tweaks here and there would be nice but nothing at all major.

The download took all of 2 minutes. An extra minute to setup netflix.

I can't figure out whats to hate...then again it is that thing called "change" that tends to scare people apparently...I can only imagine the nightmares had when Obama uttered the words (meaniful or not I'm sure some people shat themselves).
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 19, 2008 20:08
Did anyone try the free trial of netflix?  I want to try it but want to save my trial for when I actually want to use it.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 19, 2008 20:15
I have netflix and well its only 8.99 a month to have one movie out plus unlimited access to all the streaming content (including the new HD stuff). All of it works quite well on PC and streamed through the 360. About 30 second buffer time for the HD stuff. The current listing of tv shows and movies is hit and miss but some well worth it titles to look at. And if it dont stream then rent it out. takes a day to ship and arrive so back and forth is about 2 days. A pretty nice deal i say...if only gamefly were that fast.

EDIT: I should add you cant browse netflix with the 360 you still need the pc for that. A minor thing but somethign to know. You have to add what movies you wish to stream into your instant que and it will be immediatly available to watch on yout tv from there. Of course you're watching form your pc then just select the movie and enjoy. I should also add its about 30sec buffer with wireless and a rather iffy connection shared with many family members plus the ps3 and my wifi PMP.
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Nov 19, 2008 20:19>
immortaldanmx

Re:The New Xbox - Nov 19, 2008 21:23
locopuyo

Did anyone try the free trial of netflix?  I want to try it but want to save my trial for when I actually want to use it.

I dont see a point, as its only dvd releases. I "buy" all my dvd releases from a store called axxo
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 20, 2008 18:05
As I expected some games will not benefit in terms of load times by installing the game on the HDD.  Halo 3 is one of them.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6201406.aspx?tag=latestheadlines;title;4

EDIT:  I just realized VX already stated this.
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Nov 22, 2008 03:46>
immortaldanmx

Re:The New Xbox - Nov 20, 2008 20:50
Agent Ghost

As I expected some games will not benefit in terms of load times by installing the game on the HDD.  Halo 3 is one of them.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6201406.aspx?tag=latestheadlines;title;4

Halo 3 doesnt because the way it was programmed. You can read the technical reasons on Bungie.net if you want.

Basically it's because Halo cache's everything to the HDD anyway, so when installed on the HDD it reads from the HDD only to write back onto it.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 20, 2008 21:16
I quite like the new 'xbox experience'  or dashboard as people will more likely keep calling it.  Its quicker and makes more sense.  Looks great overall.

The most amazing thing is the ability to have my native 1680x1050 resolution, so now it all looks clear on my monitor.  I've been pining for this for ages.  Is this new with the update or have we had this for ages?

Most importantly my 360 is up and running again with the help of Eddie (thanks again), hopefully for more than a day now everything is screwed down tightly.
<message edited by choupolo on Nov 20, 2008 21:18>
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 20, 2008 21:54
choupolo

I quite like the new 'xbox experience'  or dashboard as people will more likely keep calling it.  Its quicker and makes more sense.  Looks great overall.

The most amazing thing is the ability to have my native 1680x1050 resolution, so now it all looks clear on my monitor.  I've been pining for this for ages.  Is this new with the update or have we had this for ages?

Most importantly my 360 is up and running again with the help of Eddie (thanks again), hopefully for more than a day now everything is screwed down tightly.

Hell, it's about time.  Now Ikaruga will look even better on my monitor.  We didn't have that before.  

Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 21, 2008 19:48
The new update wrecked my Xbox for some reason.  It now isn't sending any video out but i can hear it through my amp.

Microsoft have told me it's sheer coincidence that this happened 3 seconds after I started up NXE.  I have had to lie and get a fake receipt from a friend for my machine to get it fixed as the dirty fuckers wanted to charge me $60 to get my 3rd 360 fixed after they broke it with the latest update, as it was 7 days outside it's warranty.

If it wasn't all the great games I would tell MS to go fuck themselves.  Cnuts.
immortaldanmx

Re:The New Xbox - Nov 21, 2008 21:45
Iad umboros

The new update wrecked my Xbox for some reason.  It now isn't sending any video out but i can hear it through my amp.

Microsoft have told me it's sheer coincidence that this happened 3 seconds after I started up NXE.  I have had to lie and get a fake receipt from a friend for my machine to get it fixed as the dirty fuckers wanted to charge me $60 to get my 3rd 360 fixed after they broke it with the latest update, as it was 7 days outside it's warranty.

If it wasn't all the great games I would tell MS to go fuck themselves.  Cnuts.

If they ever tell you shit like that, get belligerent. Usually helps.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 21, 2008 22:23
I know two people that have had their 360s red-ring, but MS told them they had to pay to have it fixed. Has the 3 year warranty ended?
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 22, 2008 08:10
It's 3 years from the time you purchased it I think.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 22, 2008 11:28
UnluckyOne

It's 3 years from the time you purchased it I think.

You may have to prove that though.  If you happen to purchase one that has been sitting on a shelf for a while, their records will show the warranty has ran out.  Saying that, the 3 year warranty is still open for RROD, but they won't apply this to any other problems.

Immortal Dan, I was pretty damn belligerent, however after 45 minutes of the wee indian person refusing to do anything, and refusing to let me speak to a manager, I gave up before my mate came up with a fake receipt to sort me out.  Now I have it I've emailed a photo to them as they don't accept post "For your security", and so far they have completely ignored my email.

I'm off to spam their official forum before I consider writing to "The Judge" in the Sunday Mail.  That should help their pre-fucking christmas sales.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 22, 2008 14:42
The 3 years is only on certain manufacture dates and serial numbers, mine is not covered by the extended warrenty even though I got it on the day of release in the UK, so figure that one out?

I was aprehensive about NXE as I thought it was going to be to Nintendo, however the layout is a lot less confusing and the party chat and removal of zero score games is a god send.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:The New Xbox - Nov 22, 2008 16:43
The 360 will be 3 years old in a matter of days, so they still shouldn't be turning down people.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message