Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The New Nintendo
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 62
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 15, 2007 23:28
Does your name mean you kill evil things or you are a evil person who kills?
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 15, 2007 23:47
I kill evil things. ;) It' s an old nickname back when I played Diablo 2. I thought it would fit a Paladin perfectly.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 15, 2007 23:50
lol, so its just by chance that your called Evilkiller?, i guess Evilman/Emofag will understand.
Evilkiller

RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 15, 2007 23:57
Well, look at my join date. I am not that new!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 00:11
Just another back-up alter ego.

I am sorry but your numbers are SO wrong. First of all, you are counting Wii Sports which is uhm - well let me put it like that. If you count Wii Sports numbers for ALL territories, why not count Hexic HD numbers, too?

What ever you want to class Wii sports as, its classed as a Unit if you like it or not, Hexic HD is a Digital Download not a software unit. Get it right son.

As for the rest of your rubbish about missing 360 sales out, Have you ever heard of averaging equations? How longer the 360 has been out over the Wii?

If you want even better accuracy, why don' t you Post back 360 Software Unit sales for it' s first 8 months in comparisons with the Wii' s? (which its currently at) Lets se how they compare

Edit: i know you won' t, so don' t bother, im tired of these 360 fans.. So i' ll end it.

In every single way possible:

360 > Nintendo Wii
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 15 Jul 07 16:20:08 >
Evilkiller

RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 00:38
I' ll post 360 game sales numbers if you can come up with a more reliable source than VGChartz.

EDIT: Well if it makes you happy: 360 software sales in it' s first eight months haven' t been that fantastic. Mostly because Microsoft lacked good first-party titles in the beginning. But still, third-party games like CoD2, Oblivion and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter all sold well more than over a million, which is, compared to Wii third-party game sales, quite nice(considering Red Steel and Rayman barely managed to sell over a million units). Especially if you consider that at this point, Wii has shipped 8 and somewhat million units, while the 360 had only shipped 6 million units after it' s first eight months.

So what do we see here? The good old Nintendo syndrome is returning for the next generation. Nintendo fans only buy Nintendo games and third party devs have problems shifting their units.
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 15 Jul 07 16:47:44 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 00:41

im tired of these 360 fans.. So i' ll end it.

I cant belive you,stop telling people they are fanboys look yourself in the ***ing mirror for once.

And btw dont you realise most of us at kikizo.com is hardcore gamers?
We are what gamingsites and studies would name hardcore gamers atleast.

Most sites and most people at this site agrees that Nintendo ignored us totally and doesnt have anything up for us.

Saying idiotic stuff like Pokemon online shows we care about online just as serious as our competetions is just embarrssing and showing wiifitness just shows even more that wii isn' t for us gamers.

And I got news for you,casual gamers buys games like Sport titles,racing titles and GTA,Nintendo apparently think casual and newly gamers wants to play retarded click and point games.

I have around 10 friends who doesnt play games,still they loved sport titles+GTA and cant wait for GTA4,that is what they want,they dont want a fucking wii fitness.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 15 Jul 07 16:43:16 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 00:45

i know you won' t, so don' t bother, im tired of these 360 fans.. So i' ll end it.

It' s impressive that a whole forum (minus 1) is arguing against you, and you still wont budge to the slightest, clearly you are the only fanboy here Virtua Boy!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 00:52
The X-Box Elite Force is being ignored.

EDIT: Well if it makes you happy: 360 software sales in it' s first eight months haven' t been that fantastic. Mostly because Microsoft lacked good first-party titles in the beginning. But still, third-party games like CoD2, Oblivion and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter all sold well more than over a million, which is, compared to Wii third-party game sales, quite nice(considering Red Steel and Rayman barely managed to sell over a million units). Especially if you consider that at this point, Wii has shipped 8 and somewhat million units, while the 360 had only shipped 6 million units after it' s first eight months.

So what do we see here? The good old Nintendo syndrome is returning for the next generation. Nintendo fans only buy Nintendo games and third party devs have problems shifting their units.

Yes, Theres no Question Nintendo always take up 3rd party sales, but this is mainly due to the fact their usually much better titles. This is why im saying,we should atleast wait this time next year and hopefully we' ll see more great 3rd party Efforts and more importantly, Fully realised games that take great advantage of the consoles features.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 15 Jul 07 17:07:29 >
Evilkiller

RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 01:06
Hmm why did I write nice things about Wii in my first posting in this thread if I am a member of the " XBox Elite Force" then?

Anyway, you said something really clever now:" his is why im saying,we should atleast wait this time next year and hopefully we' ll see more great 3rd party Efforts and more importantly for us More Fully realised games that take great advantage of the consoles features."

This is exactly my main concern. I am afraid many devs will go and look for easy cash and therefore just program bad mini-game collections. But you are right, we should wait a bit - but as we are on topic - are there any good 3rd party games going to be released this year?
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 15 Jul 07 17:09:23 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 02:00
It' s funny, I think most of us agree about many things regarding the Wii, but our different attitudes make it appear different.
Everyone agree the Wii has some interesting ideas, everyone agree that the Wii must show more than what it has so far, in order to really impress us, everyone agree that the technical limitations is a problem (even though we disagree to what extent they are a problem).
Some people appear as excessively negative in their descriptions of the Wii and some appear as excessively positive. I think it' s because most of you have taken either " attack" -position or " defence" -position of the Wii based on your own preference, rather than actually saying what you really think.
There' s a lot of emotion in most posts here.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 15 Jul 07 18:01:14 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 03:35

Wii has some interesting ideas

I don' t, the only good thing I have to say about Wii is backwards compatibility. Which is not unique to Wii.
ginjirou

RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 03:41
Once again, weather forecasts, simply amazing.
Agent Ghost

RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 03:45
lol, I have at least 30 channels on TV that give me the weather, including a 24 hour a day weather channel.

Besides Wii doesn' t even have an ethernet port, I think that' s what pisses me off the most about Wii. I hate wireless.
Evilkiller

RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 03:49
Btw. as we are talking about Wii. Did you know that even the Virtual Console idea isn' t exactly Nintendo' s? SEGA did something similiar with the Dreamcast (though you had to RENT the games you downloaded and it cost a shitload of money). Oh lovely SEGA, why don' t you return to the console business? You are the only ones that have the REAL power to innovate.

Haha now that was the SEGA fanboy in me speaking.
ginjirou

RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 03:51
No, those were facts, not fanboyism.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 05:25

The X-Box Elite Force is being ignored.

I can certainly live with being ignored by Virtua Boy.

Anyway Wii should have been a periphial for a console of the same magnitude as PS3 and Xbox 360. Thats my opinion and if thats enough to get one ignored.

ROFL

< Message edited by vx chemical -- 15 Jul 07 21:25:40 >
Agent Ghost

RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 05:40

This is why im saying,we should atleast wait this time next year and hopefully we' ll see more great 3rd party Efforts and more importantly, Fully realised games that take great advantage of the consoles features.

I want to believe that.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 09:01

ts for women and kids lol.

explains why virtua/f3 likes it so much.

Maybe that will get me ignored by the 10 year old.

WII IS MAGICAL! RED STEEL OWNS KILLZONE2, HALO3, AND CoD4!!

Fucking retard, wii has 2 good games, and at the end of this year will have 3. Next year, it' ll have 6 total. Will you ignore me now by either commiting suicide or leaving the forum?
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: The New Nintendo - Jul 16, 2007 09:20
It doesn' t really concern me whether or not people here hate on the Wii. There are people here that are only EVER going to look for negative things about it, and when they look at it from that perspective all they will ever find is negative things. Like i said the majority of people here are 360 fans that are happy with what microsoft is offering. They see the Wiis success (after probably predicting it would fail intially) and feel threatened it might affect the types of games they will be playing in the future (I.E. xbox720, ps4). Success of Wii = Wii like games in the future on preceding consoles. That is a distinct possiblity should Nintendo win this gen by a large margin. This senario has 360 & ps3 fans up in arms and explains the hatred for the Wii and what it stands for. These people will NEVER see anything good about the Wii. Thats where we are now whether people here would like to admit it or not.

I think many here would have noticed i haven' t adversely talked about the 360 nor the ps3 since the Wii has launched. When there is talk about the failure rate of the 360 i never comment or say how ' crappy' that console is, and when i did post the sales numbers recently i never singled out the ps3s numbers are being ' pathetic' (i focused on the Wii numbers). I know i used to bad mouth the ps3 before that time largely due to how scared i was that it would totally overshadow the Wii - in other words i felt little insecure. But 8 months on and the Wiis surprising success i have got alot more comfortable in the strategy and direction Nintendo is going with the Wii. I don' t feel the need anymore to talk negatively about the other consoles, im just looking forward to all the new games and gaming experiences opened up due to the Wiis initial success.

I realise there are many things wrong with the Wii at the moment - the Library needs a boost in both quantity, quality and variety, the graphics aren' t on PAR with 360 or ps3 nor are developers really pushing what graphical capabilities the Wii has and the online effort needs serious work. I acknowledge these problems exist. But again lets not forget its only 8 months in its life cycle, give it time. I think 2 years after launch is the minimum amount of time to gauge the validity of a platform. If the same criticism exist in 2 years time then i will accept your assessment of the situation. Look at the 360, most its top games came 1 year in its life cycle, and coming closer to its second birthday the 360 has a massive library that displays what the 360 is capable of. I think the same courtesy should be extended to all consoles.

And when i see all those extremely negative talk about the Wii it just makes me laugh - thats the insecurity talking. No one talks like that unless they feel threatened. And the way the Wii is going at the moment - they should feel a little worried.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 16 Jul 07 1:24:58 >
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 62

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread