Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Free Crap Thread
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
The Free Crap Thread - Mar 13, 2007 03:53
I' ve been checking out some other forums lately & found myself on a freebie forum. We' ve all seen the GET A FREE _______ banner ads on the side of webpages, and I was suprised to find that the majority of them are legit.

You sign up for their webpage, and have to try a certain number of products. IE a Blockbuster Online trial or 1 free month of Time Magazine, stuff like that. Then, once you' ve completed the set number of trials, they ship you whatever it was that you picked at the beginning of the free offer process.

It seems like an absolute scam, but everybody profits from it. The Advertising/Freebie site gets tons of money from the people they' re advertising for. The people they' re advertising for are getting more subscriptions to their product, and you' re getting an almost free gift. I heard about some of the more reliable ones on these forums, & wondered if it was worth a shot.

I' ve been reading through the legal terms and requirements on both pages, & have decided that I' m gonna give them a try. I' m setting up an email address just for the purpose of wading through all the advertisements I know I' ll be getting, and seeing as credit card companies are already sending things to me in droves via mail, I figure why the hell not?

Anybody else had a similar idea?
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 12 Mar 07 19:53:22 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 13, 2007 09:01
I dunno dude. It sounds like an awful lot of work.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 13, 2007 20:02
I remember reading an article on an online gaming site once about this.

They are legit, but as Nitro pointed out, it' s just that alot of work is involved.

I' m not sure exactly what kind of trials you are thinking of signing for, but the general advice given was to make a point to mark out on your calender the start and end dates for your trials so you can call up and cancel them straight before you get charged.

Some are like the Times one where they ship you the stuff right after the trial date.

You could try the ones where the site hosts several sponsor trials. And you sign up for multiple trials and accumulate points. You cancel them before you get charged and finally accumulate enough points to redeem some cool stuff.

The writer of the article managed to get an iPod, and I think a Core Xbox 360 after about 1-2 months.

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 14, 2007 01:29
Hey guys I am not sure if you have heard of this place yet, but apparently if you sign up you get a game for free!, you dont have to do anything either, just stick around for a while. Heres the link.

www.kikizo.com

Pretty cool eh?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 14, 2007 05:24

I dunno dude. It sounds like an awful lot of work.

It is, but the work I' d put into getting the Bravia I' m looking at is itty-bitty when I look at how many extra hours I' d have to work to afford the thing.

I don' t know anybody personally who' s tried anything as big as a TV, but a buddy of mine got an iPod Nano when they first hit the market.

I' m not sure exactly what kind of trials you are thinking of signing for, but the general advice given was to make a point to mark out on your calender the start and end dates for your trials so you can call up and cancel them straight before you get charged.

Yeah, I' m definately going to play it smart, I' m not getting stuck with a lifetime subscription to Cat Fancy.

Hey guys I am not sure if you have heard of this place yet, but apparently if you sign up you get a game for free!, you dont have to do anything either, just stick around for a while. Heres the link.

www.kikizo.com

Pretty cool eh?

It' s a scam. I' m " closely aqquainted" with a guy who did that for a year & still got jack squat.
Nitro

RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 14, 2007 05:48

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

It' s a scam. I' m " closely aqquainted" with a guy who did that for a year & still got jack squat.

It' s based on quality dude, not quantity
Silentbomber

RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 14, 2007 07:06

it' s based on quality dude, not quantity

well system clearly dosent Work Since you won Nitro!
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 14, 2007 07:38

I' m not getting stuck with a lifetime subscription to Cat Fancy.

What' s wrong with Cat Fancy?
Nitro

RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 14, 2007 07:54

ORIGINAL: Die_Hounderdoggen

I' m not getting stuck with a lifetime subscription to Cat Fancy.

What' s wrong with Cat Fancy?

What' s Cat Fancy?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 14, 2007 10:00
The Atlantic Ocean strikes again.

Cat Fancy is 45 pages of catgasm. Caring for your cat, giving your cat a pedicure, does your cat like its food? find out on page 32...

Like I said, I' m not buying a year' s worth of Cat Fancy.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 14 Mar 07 2:01:35 >
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 14, 2007 18:30
What' s the freebie if you do?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 14, 2007 21:26

What' s the freebie if you do?

26" 720p Bravia with....

2 S-Video
2 Component
1 VGA
1 HDMI
3 Composite

Yeah, I' m a port whore. It' d probably end up being my DVD/old school television & not my main gaming set, as an 8ms response time really isn' t game worthy IMO. Not unless you' re playing SNES or the like.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 15, 2007 02:30
I' m trying the online paid surveys thing. What I did is sign up with a bunch of free clubs that show your information to people willing to pay for consumer survey results. Overtime, you get a lot of surveys to complete that pay more.

Some pay with points that you can later exchange for " prizes" like an MP3 player or some shit, and some pay with cash that I can accumulate and get them to send me a check whenever I want. It takes time and is a bit annoying to sign up for these things at first but you don' t need to spend money sign up for anyone trying to sell you anything or refer anyone. So far I made about 5$ just for signing up with one of the survey companies, and made some points with others (not sure what they are worth yet). I didn' t really get into it yet and it takes a while before you are recognized as a reliable sample and get sent a lot of paid surveys. The surveys that I did try took me about 2 minutes each to fill out.

I' ll update with results in a few months, let you know which ones are legit and if it' s even worth the trouble.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 14 Mar 07 20:57:49 >
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 15, 2007 04:36
Some of these sites are legit, " as reported on BBC news!!!" these are the ones I look at. I mean if it is reported on BBC news it must be good. Still waiting for my free Sega Megadrive though.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 16, 2007 05:18
" This product may not be available due to high demand. Please try back shortly."

Actually, the best way to tell if they' re legit is to look at the company that is providing. ConsumerResearchCorporation is a really big one, they do hundreds a year. F4E1 (Free 4 Every 1) Is also a reliable site, not to mention, you get straight-up cash via-paypal!
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 16, 2007 05:34
AlienWare Pc geared me up with a free tshirt, mousepad, stickers and visor back in 2004. (care Package)..maybe they still do.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 16, 2007 06:27
AlienWare = Bought Out =[:' (]

The sad part is.... it didn' t have to be this way.
Silentbomber

RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 16, 2007 21:55
I hated the look of alienware pc/laptops' s anyway, so they get no love from me!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 16, 2007 22:49
They' re still making Alienware computers, nothing changed after Dell bought them. I would never buy an Alienware since I can build a better computer for less. However since Silent brought it up, I have to say I love the design of the new cases in black. I' d would be willing to spend 300$ just for the case (assuming they support non proprietary mobos).

http://www.hardwarezone.com/img/data/articles/2006/2074/alienware.jpg
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 16 Mar 07 14:50:02 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: The Free Crap Thread - Mar 17, 2007 03:09
I' d never spend $300 on a case...

well...

Maybe if I had $300 of computer to put into it. I don' t even have a case on mine right now. CD/Floppy drives are sticking out about an inch and a half.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message