Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Fog remake set for October ' 05
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
The Fog remake set for October ' 05 - Dec 02, 2004 20:57

Fog Remake Set to Roll
Stigmata helmer onboard.

December 02, 2004 - Sony-based Revolution studios has hired director Rupert Wainwright to helm their remake of John Carpenter' s 1980 horror-thriller The Fog. Today' s Variety scoops that Wainwright, who directed the 1999 Gabriel Byrne film Stigmata, will come aboard the project which is set for a March production start.

The story, for those unfamiliar, is set in a northern California town where 100 years ago a ship sank off the coast under mysterious circumstances during a thick, eerie fog. Ghosts of the long-dead mariners return from their watery graves to exact their revenge. The new version will reportedly flesh out a storyline that was described verbally in the first film.

Producer Debra Hill, Carpenter' s longtime partner, told the trade, " John laid the groundwork for a very classy, scary movie, and Rupert came in with a take that honors the original but builds on it and stamps it as his own. For us as filmmakers, the opportunity to use special effects to enhance the fog and make it an actual character in the film is very appealing."

Cooper Lane (The Core) wrote the script.

Variety adds that The Fog is tentatively set for an October 21, 2005 release.

I enjoyed Stigmata so I think this director is quite capable. I haven' t seen the fog in a while so I think I' ll wtahc it tonite now.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: The Fog remake set for October ' 05 - Dec 03, 2004 00:58
Sounds cool...

Let the filming begin!!!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages