Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Di Onysius Code!
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
The Di Onysius Code! - Jul 16, 2006 04:00
During my trip to Japan I had the unfortunate fortune to have a couple of hours of absolutely nothing to do, which I decided to spend productively and went to the theatre with my friend to se the Da Vinci code (an O.K film btw). But after a short while in the film I started seeing some clear resemblances to a game I had played (and love). So after the film has ended, me and my friend exchange thoughts about it, as we always do, and that is when I say something along the lines of:

“Yeah, I thought it was pretty good actually. A little predictable, but all in all a nice film. But there was something that bothered me, the whole time, don’t you think it resemblances something?”

And he quickly responds “Yeah, Broken Sword… I know”

I mean, I really think the likeness is to close to be a coincidence. Everything from the templar story, to the puzzle solving, to the characters and locations are almost identical. Heck I even remember when playing Broken Sword, back in the days, that I was thinking that Jean Reno would be excellent to play the “suspicious” policeman, who’s actually a memb… I’ll end it there as this isn’t only a spoiler for the game.

If any of you have seen/read the Da Vinci code, as well as played the Broken Sword game (the first one), I would like to hear if any of you felt the same resemblances or if I’m just being paranoid.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The Di Onysius Code! - Jul 16, 2006 07:18
I have read the book and played the broken sword games.

But havent seen the film, I never heard anybody linking the two, but then again, I never looked much into that film.

But more importantly.. how was your trip to Japan? got pics?
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 15 Jul 06 23:18:16 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: The Di Onysius Code! - Jul 16, 2006 07:51
Yeah , how was it? tell us all about it man :)
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: The Di Onysius Code! - Jul 17, 2006 02:16
Ok, then check here: http://forums.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=58606&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1
< Message edited by dionysius -- 16 Jul 06 18:28:43 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message