Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Team Ninja screwed me!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 08:59
All that shit about cutscenes no longer being CG? About them being rendered in realtime and in HD?

BULLSHIT!!!

The CG cutscenes from the original game are still in Sigma. They haven' t been re-done at all. AND they' re not HD, they' re EXACTLY as they were in the Xbox version.

I' m not impressed.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 09:04
So theres no noticeable difference at all?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 09:12
Major bullshit.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 09:19
Darn. Darn those used socks!
Nitro

RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 09:29

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

So theres no noticeable difference at all?

There is no difference. Stuff that was CG in the original is CG here, and it' s EXACTLY the same CG.

The stuff they' ve re-done is the stuff that was inengine in the original, bjt it' s not like they' ve actually re-done it, ...it' s just running on the new engine.

There are some new areas and new enemies and they' re cool and the lighting, self-shadowing, new effects and character models are cool, but the texture work is hit and miss and there' s some serious slowdown and tearing.

I fact, the first level, ...the one they used for the demo has been the most visually impressive so far. The texture work in the opening area is great, but the airship and Tairon are meh! Some stuff looks sharp and some stuff looks N64, kinda like how Resistance is meh!

The slowdown is just wierd (note that there is zero slowdown in Black, even running on 360 through emulation - after you' ve updated ofcourse) and the tearing is doing my head in. It' s the tearing in some 360 games when playing through VGA, except i' m playing through HDMI and it' s still just as bad. There' s virtually no (if any) anti-aliasing and they obviously couldn' t get it runing at 60fps with vsync enabled.

I just don' t understand it. One of my most anticipated PS3 games is actually getting on my nerves.

There are improvements to be sure and i would definitely recommend the game to somebody who never played the original, but i simply can' t recommend paying the asking price if you have played or own the original game or Black.

Barlog may have outdone Jaffe but Kobayashi as failed to even match Itagaki.
Nitro

RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 10:05
Hang on, i' m going to have to elaborate before somebody starts calling me a liar because i' ve not been clear.

The throw away CG scenes for the first level, the parts with Murai are inengine, and the first time you see Doku is inengine, but Ryu' s death and the part with the hawk (?) and then the cutscenes with Dynamo during the airship level (intro to and ending of) are CG and exactly as they were in the original Xbox game. They' re also the longer cutscenes early in the game.

The framerate and tearing are bigger issues, but i was shocked to find that the game contains untouched CG from the original after they said they were de-doing all CG cutscenes inengine.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 12:52
Zoy said it best. If it was NG2 with re-used assets, then sure complain away. But I' m not sure why people expected so much out of a game that was just a simple remake done as a way of milking a franchise that little bit further.

Of course they' re going to cut corners. They want minimum effort with maximum yield.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 15:00
Yeah heard about this, it' s a bit lame. I actually like Eurogamers review of the game.

It was gonna buy an instant buy for me, until i played the demo - I can' t buy the same game again. If hayashi was competing all all games in the genre coming (which it seemed like he was) he comes up short. I can' t see Heavenly sword looking remotely worse than this in any way.

I hope Itagaki shows what can really be done with the series in it' s sequel, eventually.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 16:33
" Hang on, i' m going to have to elaborate before somebody starts calling me a liar"

Hahaha, you say that if we' re supposed to be surprised with the shitty port. I think you' re the only one who cared about this game not to mention having such high hopes for it.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 18:44
I' m sure Itagaki is laughing at Hayashi:

" Bro, step aside, let me show you how it' s done *click*"

Then whips out his new stuff on Ninja Gaiden 2, because I' m sure Hayashi wasn' t
allowed to see what the team working on Ninja Gaiden 2 was actually doing, and
when (hopefully) the game is revealed at E3, not only us, but even Hayashi' s
jaw will drop.

I played the demo of Sigma, it is a typical port, Hayashi was far too confident
about it. I concur that only Itagaki can get away with Japanese arrogance;
Hayashi still has a lot to learn.

It' s the screen tearing that really pissses me off, and the obvious slow down in
certain areas, one thing I do like however is in the demo, the difficulty feels
as if it has been cranked up a notch, but that could be due to the inability to save
and as an avid fan I could be subconsciously whipping up inherent danger.

I' m still buying it though, I' m one of those idiots that buys all versions of my
favourite game, no matter how cash-in orienetated they are.
< Message edited by Tiz -- 7 Jul 07 10:45:26 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 19:51
I noticed when i seen a freinds copy.. Dam the games a ripp-off price too. £50 :(
uumai

RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 22:01
Yeah £20 or maximum £30 to warrent a purchase, but I think at £30 it' s pushing it.
Nitro

RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 07, 2007 23:53
I have the orignal, Black and Sigma. I freakin love the games, but i' m pissed about this.

The best part so far was the burning building/Doku fight. Apparently you can actually kill Doku (if you' re good enough) to open up a new difficulty, but the first blow he lands on you kills you and i fucked up.

The models are superb, and some of the environments looks great but i don' t think the geometry has changed at all and some of the texture work is awful.

The thing that surprised me the most was the slowdown and tearing.

Also, there are no decapitations in the EU version...

Nitro

RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 08, 2007 00:50
MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

They only interupt Ryu' s story with Rachel fucking missions!

Bastards!
uumai

RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 08, 2007 00:53
Did the xbox pal version have decaps?

LOL did you expect any less Nitro? Who would choose to play as her?
< Message edited by uumai -- 7 Jul 07 16:53:52 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 12, 2007 06:25
I like Sigma. Yeah, it' s the same as the original, but it' s been a long time since I' ve played it, so I' m really enjoying it. Playing as Rachel is kinda cool, too. The dual swords are cool, but I prefer the Lunar (staff).

Dammit, this game is HARD! Fucking spider ninjas with the expoding Kunai are on my LAST NERVE!

I' m stuck on Chapter 6, in Tairon, where you have to go through THREE groups of spider ninjas, then the two motorcycle dudes (with sidecars, no less), then the three red fiends, and THEN the bigass tentacle boss without saving! WTF!!

I mean, I know I' m not that good at games, but I' m not bad either. I will NOT do " Ninja Dog" dammit! NEVER!
Nitro

RE: Team Ninja screwed me! - Jul 12, 2007 06:40
I played through to the Dragon without being killed, but it has a one hit kill so even though i was blcoking i was screwed.

I think my favourite weapons are Kitetsu and Unlaboured Flawlessness, ...but i' ve only leveled up the wooden sword 4 times so far so i still can' t use it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll