Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 THANK YOU SNK Playmore!!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
THANK YOU SNK Playmore!! - May 04, 2008 08:10
Thank You for the PSP version of SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1, one of the GREATEST classics compilations I' ve played yet. Thank you for a portable version of Magician Lord (my most favorite Neo-Geo game ever), and especially THANK YOU for including the MVS (coin-op) version of the game and not the annoying AES (home) version!

I thought most of the games included were pretty good choices except for Last Resort (a pretty mediocre shooter), and Metal Slug (I already own ' Anthology' ). I would have gladly traded in those two games and Samurai Shodown for NAM-1975 or Blazing Star!
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: THANK YOU SNK Playmore!! - May 04, 2008 08:22
Yeah SNK Playmore still rock.
Most old school (arcade) gamers would appreciate these games...

Edit:
I fcuking love NAM-1975!!
< Message edited by the_shadowwolf -- 4 May 08 0:24:01 >
Terry Bogard

RE: THANK YOU SNK Playmore!! - May 04, 2008 08:41

Edit:
I fcuking love NAM-1975!!

Ditto! I remember when the Neo-Geo first started appearing in arcades, I' d stand there and watch the attract screens of all four games in awe. The Nam-1975 intro would come on and I' d hear:

" Summer, 1975, a nightmare awaits me.. I am being recalled to Natorn territory.. DO I HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE HELL AGAIN?? AAaaaaaargh!!"

Nam-1975 was one of the only two Neo-Geo games that I was really good at and even finished it once without dying. The other game I could finish on a single credit was the original King of the Monsters.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 4 May 08 0:44:24 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: THANK YOU SNK Playmore!! - May 04, 2008 09:03
That' s pretty good for Nam 1775 as that game can be kind of tough. Do you not have the Neo Geo version of it?

Also, Neo Turf Masters OWNZ. In fact I' d say it is TEH PWN. Of course I have it for my Neo Geo as Jesus intended.
Terry Bogard

RE: THANK YOU SNK Playmore!! - May 04, 2008 09:09

That' s pretty good for Nam 1775 as that game can be kind of tough. Do you not have the Neo Geo version of it?

Also, Neo Turf Masters OWNZ. In fact I' d say it is TEH PWN. Of course I have it for my Neo Geo as Jesus intended.

OH I definitely have Nam 1975.. The first three games I purchased with the Neo-Geo console were Magician Lord, Nam ' 75, and Baseball Stars Professional... In Nam ' 75 it' s all in the roll! Once you master the roll, the game becomes quite easy actually.

Neo Turf Masters is also included in SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1, I haven' t gotten to that game yet, I just finished Super Sidekicks 3 a short while ago, so that' s 9 out of 16 games completed.. Even though I' m not a fan of sports, there' s just something FUN about Neo-Geo sports games. I guess because they' re based on fantasy/fictional teams and don' t follow all of the rules of real sports.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 4 May 08 1:44:50 >
Joe Redifer

RE: THANK YOU SNK Playmore!! - May 04, 2008 09:23
Yes, and they' re so energetic and goofy. That' s one of the things I love about Neo Turf Masters... it feels like a high energy arcade game. It' s not boring like real golf.
Terry Bogard

RE: THANK YOU SNK Playmore!! - May 05, 2008 04:49

Yes, and they' re so energetic and goofy. That' s one of the things I love about Neo Turf Masters... it feels like a high energy arcade game. It' s not boring like real golf.

You were right about Neo Turf Masters, that game is addictive as hell! I' ve completed two full games and am currently on my third. It' s MUCH better than Top Player' s Golf.
Joe Redifer

RE: THANK YOU SNK Playmore!! - May 05, 2008 08:18
On the gweeeen! I also love it when he gets PAR or better and he sometimes shouts out BINGO!!! Wrong game, but funny.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll