Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Swedish elections
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Swedish elections - Jun 08, 2009 05:01
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/06/swedish-pirate-party-headed-to-european-parliament.ars

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/02/rick-falkvinge-is-the-face.ars

"The final returns are still being counted, but Sweden's Pirate Party (Piratpartiet) has secured at least one seat in today's elections for the European Parliament."

"The Swedish result makes the Pirate Party the fifth most popular in the country, and one of eight to have cleared the four percent threshold."

LOL
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Swedish elections - Jun 08, 2009 23:49
I don't see how this is funny.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Swedish elections - Jun 09, 2009 00:15
emofag

I don't see how this is funny.

Maybe not HAHA funny, but it is amusing that there is a Pro-Piracy candidate and they won an election.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Swedish elections - Jun 09, 2009 03:26
hmm swedish blondes.. 
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Swedish elections - Jun 09, 2009 03:42

hmm swedish blondes.. 
mmmmm quez...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Swedish elections - Jun 09, 2009 22:57
What was at stake with the swedes? I know Piratepartiet won a seat, but I heard labour/leftist parties got stomped across the board in the UK.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Swedish elections - Jun 10, 2009 00:19
Eddie_the_Hated

What was at stake with the swedes? I know Piratepartiet won a seat, but I heard labour/leftist parties got stomped across the board in the UK.

The Labour party got stomped, but that's expected.  Brown has never won over the British public since he succeeded Blair.  He's being a good captain though, staying on the ship until it has sank to the ocean floor.  The tories didn't do that well in comparison.

The Liberal Democrats made small gains and they're more left wing on most issues than Labour.  UKIP did very well on a "Get Britain out the EU" ticket and unfortunately the BNP made strides. There's a massive expenses scandal in Britain just now which has hit all the major parties and fringe parties such as the BNP have capitalised on it.

You'll need Quez to explain what's up with the Swedes though.  I'm a bit upset I couldn't vote for the Swedish Pirate Party with my European Parliament vote.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll