Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 03, 2006 01:08
Here' s the video:
http://webbtv.dn.se/index.aspx?id=274
You' ll have to watch a crappy commersial before the video starts.
The swedish soldiers are easily recognised as they are the only ones with green uniforms.

The story:
A norwegian base is under attack from afghan protestors that are angry because of the danish charicatures. Damn those afghan bastards (not being rasist, I just hate when swedish troups are in trouble)!
Three civilians are killed and several soldiers are injured. One norwegian guy thought someone threw a stone at his helmet. When he looked it turns out he was shot in the head by an automatic weapon. He bleeds but he gets some bandage and then he goes back to the fight.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 2 Jul 06 17:23:56 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 03, 2006 08:12
I have no sympathy for these people.

OMG DENMARK DID FUN OUT OFF MUHAMMED,THEN ATTACK SCANDINAVIAN PEOPLE WHO GIVE US MONEY.

They doesnt want USA in their country so FN ask for diffrent nations to help out,but what happends?

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 03, 2006 09:18

Damn those afghan bastards

The general Afgan population are hardly the problem. What i saw was troops unable to deal with a small group of protesters armed with nothing more than stones.

One norwegian guy thought someone threw a stone at his helmet. When he looked it turns out he was shot in the head by an automatic weapon. He bleeds but he gets some bandage and then he goes back to the fight.

That wasn' t in the video you linked to.

What i also saw was British troops arriving at the end to lend a hand. The jet fly-by looked amazingly fast too!
QuezcatoL

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 03, 2006 09:35
Here is the problem,its often not so that the youngsters says,-Hey lets attack a Swedish base!

Its adults
And a lot of these people have guns,you never knows when a shot is coming or not.
fuck all people who attack our army.
ginjirou

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 03, 2006 23:35

The general Afgan population are hardly the problem. What i saw was troops unable to deal with a small group of protesters armed with nothing more than stones.

They were armed with rocket launcher and automatic weapons but this is not a fucking videogame so you don' t see screaming arabs coming yelling with weapons in the air. It was a very dangerous situation. The stone thorwers you mention were just angry bystanders (normal afghans).
Swedish soldiers are well trained and have the best education in the world. What makes the swedish troups less good than other contries is their lack of experience.
So if there were only stone throwing civilians I believe they would' ve been able to handle the situation.

That wasn' t in the video you linked to.

No, but there is photos of it in the longer article.
I hardly think they would have the time to film the most intense battles.
Nitro

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 00:38

Swedish soldiers are well trained and have the best education in the world.

According to whom?
QuezcatoL

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 01:46
According to diffrent test they taken.

For ex Jägarna has better test result then US RANGERS.
Jägarna sended one of theirs to Rangers,and they acknowdlege he was outstanding,and said " follow the swede" i have the war magazine from swedens army since i been in the army as my brother.

ginjirou

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 04:41
Exactly, thanks Quetz.
Every year there' s some kind of competition/comparison between the special police forces (like S.W.A.T.) from many nations and Swedens special forces has won several times.
The Swedish military special forces have also proven to be top notch in different comparisons. This is due to our extremely good education. Unlike the U.S. where the focus in on HARD training we swedes like to use our heads and focus a lot on personality and strategy. But we have extremely hard training too of course.
The only thing that makes swedish troups and police forces less good at their job than their U.S. or brittish counterparts is their lack of experience. Sweden is a peaceful country and we have stayed neutral in conflicts for a long time. I think Sweden is the country in Europe that has been at peace the longest.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Jul 06 20:43:02 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 04:48
Yepp,we basically was a warnation who even invaded russia and made a havoc in Germany.

But when our king was assassinated we had to find ourself a new king,and we took a king from FRANCE,ofc you can imagien how popular it would have been if this new king and his family would have wage some war.

He would have been gone or killed in 1 sec.therefor his bloodline kept it low,and therefor we have had peace in like 250 years.
Nitro

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 05:32
Oh not " my countries special forces are better than yours" again...

Every year there' s some kind of competition/comparison between the special police forces (like S.W.A.T.) from many nations and Swedens special forces has won several times

Firstly S.W.A.T. are not special forces. S.W.A.T. are the American equivalent of the British SO19 (Flying Squad) or German GSG9.

Sweden' s ONLY actual special operations group are the SSG and have less than a hundred operators. In the past 20 years they have done nothing but reconnaissance and provide security in places like security in Kabul, supported heavily by the Americans.

The recruitment process is a joke. Selection takes 2 weeks. In comparrison, selection for the British SAS takes on average 6 months.

I would like to see what you' ve been reading on your nations " special forces" .
QuezcatoL

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 06:33
Majik,the special force in Swedish army doesnt take just 2 weeks.
Jägarna practive over a around 15-18 months jst to see if your good enough to become one.

I dont know what special force Sweden use at Kabul,but i know that some off these people like the one who died in a car attack had testresult way above what you could ask for in any USA RANGER, or SAS.
However,most of the people stay at home,we have sended some people to Afghanistan,they hardly do anything.

They just guard,why? cause its not our war.

Btw SAS=Specialr Air Service has also been doing rescue missions in cities as with SWAT.

My brother took a course in arvidshaur where its -30 to become a " swat" guy in the army,they later take contact with people who they think might have what it takes to be in the international " swat force" in Sweden.

I know what these people does,my brother had to sleep outside in the snow in -30 with a shit tent.
Had to jump into water and holding the gun aiming for hours at shooting targets.
And go from Norway to Sweden with no food,they had to steal and kill a chicken :S
I seen the PIC,not a joke,and not fun,they had to walk in the mountains up north also.
And the famous basker test,walking in 2 days with no sleep with backpack up to 30 kilo.

Their training was just retarded.
And they wasn' t even close to the " best" -

But i can tell you this,the special soldiers we sended to afghanistan.
Are just guarding,and it wont just take 2 weeks to join it.
No way in hell,perhaps for just guard the base,but not for the ones who goes out on missions.

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 3 Jul 06 22:34:44 >
ginjirou

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 06:36

Firstly S.W.A.T. are not special forces. S.W.A.T. are the American equivalent of the British SO19 (Flying Squad) or German GSG9.

Special POLICE force. Swedens group that constantly proves themselves as top notch are the elite police force which is our equivalent of SWAT. They deal with terrorist threats and highly dangerous criminals. They have been compared directly with other nations counterparts with SWAT being one of the forces from the U.S.

Sweden' s ONLY actual special operations group are the SSG and have less than a hundred operators. In the past 20 years they have done nothing but reconnaissance and provide security in places like security in Kabul, supported heavily by the Americans.

We are a small country, don' t expect us to need more than a hundred operators. When such a small group is deployed in the field you cannot expect them to do it by themselves so of course they cooperate with the americans. They' re not deployed as a solo force. They' re back-up. But it has been proven that their training is superior.
But I don' t know how you know this. The amount of members of SSG and their operations are highly confidential so it seems you' re making stuff up or you have been misinformed.
I don' t know much about their missions. All I know is that swedish special forces within police and military has been aknowledged worldwide for their excellent education.

You damn brittish and americans. You always think you' re the best just because your guys always show in the Discovery channel. As soon as a smaller " inferior" country tries to prove themselves you just call it a joke.

QuezcatoL

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 06:40
Here is the problem,its USA' s war,and Englands.
You cant have smaller countries doing operations in a war they arn' t involved in.
They are there to support and as a sign that other nations are watching how things progress,in fact the people of afghanistan could visit them.

My Kapten(captain) at Amfibieregementet said when he was there he had to grow bear and start to smoke,the only way these people could take him seriously.

Btw if people check my profile pic they can see me from the army base,but didn' t take more pics cause it wasi llegal to do that in the base.
has some more basker pics but nvm...

Btw Sweden is the third nation ever to have invaded russia.

it' s karl den XII and Napoleon then Hitler.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 3 Jul 06 22:46:58 >
ginjirou

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 06:53
Why the hell did people want to invade Russia?
QuezcatoL

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 06:54
I dont know
Nitro

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 07:02
Americas S.W.A.T. is NOTHING to do with the military. They are police.

Majik,the special force in Swedish army doesnt take just 2 weeks.
Jägarna practive over a around 15-18 months jst to see if your good enough to become one.

The assessment is 2 weeks.

Btw SAS=Specialr Air Service has also been doing rescue missions in cities as with SWAT.

There are 3 SAS regiments. Our SAS Urban Anti-Terrorist Squad works in conjunction with SO19 and MI5 to carry out raids on suspected terrorists in this country.

However, while you have less than a hundred active Special Forces operative in your military, the UK has over 9 and America/Israel/France etc have insane amounts.

The guys with the most experience are the Israelis and Russians as they have had civil war in their own and neighbouring countries for decades. Our SAS have been involved in every major conflict in the past 60 years.

I dont know what special force Sweden use at Kabul,but i know that some off these people like the one who died in a car attack had testresult way above what you could ask for in any USA RANGER, or SAS.

But what test results? Tested at what?

Y' know, you two are talking about your relatively small and unknown Swedish Special Forces and Special Operations groups and there' s international competition like the French Foreign Legion, German KSK, US Navy SEALS etc and you aren' t even recognising it.

I' m not going to say that the SAS are the most highly trained military operatives in the world, but when the Israelis, Americans, Kiki' s, Australians and Swiss repeatedly ask to train with our troops, a picture starts forming in your mind.

As soon as a smaller " inferior" country tries to prove themselves you just call it a joke.

Sweden isn' t bigger than the UK?
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 3 Jul 06 23:03:41 >
ginjirou

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 07:13

Americas S.W.A.T. is NOTHING to do with the military. They are police.

Yes, that' s what I' ve been saying. Why repeat that?

The assessment is 2 weeks.

I don' t think you realise that they first do the Jägar education and THEN do the SSG education. And much is still confidential so I still don' t understand where you get your information.

Sweden isn' t bigger than the UK?

Well, by size it is.
But you have a larger population.

Anyway, I' m not saying the other countries suck or anything or that Swedisg troups are the best. What I am saying is that other nations have admitted that our troups have the best education and that this has been proven through tests. The actuall results in real life combat are different however since lots of other nations have more combat experience.
Nitro

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 07:18

What I am saying is that other nations have admitted that our troups have the best education and that this has been proven through tests.

...and i asked to see what you' re referring to.

The actuall results in real life combat are different however since lots of other nations have more combat experience.

It would be since you don' t have a standing army like most other nations. Don' t you have a conscript system in place?

This is getting retarded!

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 3 Jul 06 23:19:37 >
ginjirou

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 07:22
I read in in the news paper. We' re friends here, can' t you just take my word for it?
I think it' s retarded that you can never give anyone credit for something. Let' s say the swedish troops doesn' t have the best training or the best special police. Can' t you just say " oh, I' m sure your education is great and that your troops are something to be proud of" instead of " ahem, proof please. Your troops aren' t needed anyway, we' re fighting this war. Btw, brittish troops rule!"
???

It would be since you don' t have a standing army like most other nations. Don' t you have a conscript system in place?

Huh? What does that mean?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 3 Jul 06 23:24:42 >
Nitro

RE: Swedish and Norwegian troups in trouble in Afghanistan VIDEO - Jul 04, 2006 07:37

Huh? What does that mean?

You have to do national service right, in one of your armed forces (Navy, Air Force or Army)?! It' s mandatory isn' t it?!

I mean correct me if i' m wrong but in peacetime you have something like 27,000 employed soldiers, mostly made up of either civilian personnel or instructors for your 40,000-ish yearly conscripts.

So, your " jaeger" units are virtually inactive and would only mobilize in the event of a foreign (Solviet/Russian) invasion, and while you have " repmanader" when these units are called in to join training operations with the yealy conscripts, they' ve not been available all year round since the fall of Eastern Europe (Solviet Communism).

Aren' t the Saerskillda Skyddsgruppen your only fulltime Special Operations unit made up of cereer-officers?!

How big is your population?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread