Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Super Smash Brothers Brawl review
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 05, 2008 03:00
IGN US Review
I' m still not getting a Wii, but i like this game. I' ll play it at my brothers.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 05, 2008 03:24
If I ever do get a Wii again, this will be a one day purchase. Its like they said, now at days a Nintendo console is not complete without a Smash title.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 05, 2008 04:39
I expected a 9.5 wii doesnt have many good games so these few games people wait for always end up with extreme high grades to please the fanboys.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 05, 2008 07:00
I dont get the love for this game, really it does not offer that much over the gamecube one.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 05, 2008 07:08
Silent... how many copies of Madden are sold every year?

And that' s on an annual basis.

The difference between this and Madden is that this would actually be worth buying every year.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 05, 2008 07:44

I dont get the love for this game, really it does not offer that much over the gamecube one.

Its a fighting game, what do you expect them to do??? They aren' t going to tamper with a game that has soo many fans. When its not broke, don' t fix it! Most sequals in the genre are very similar.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 05, 2008 09:19
Haven' t played it, but it clearly has certain aspects that aren' t present in other fighters. If anything, the absurdity of a Pokemon character taking on Solid Snake, somehow in a well-balanced way, has strong appeal.
< Message edited by Zoy -- 5 Mar 08 1:21:40 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 05, 2008 12:45
I' ll buy the game on release, and wait for the system. I want a black Wii. I won' t pay 300$ for it either.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 05, 2008 17:39
The soundtrack alone is worth considering this game for: A whopping 320+ Scores.

Before Smash, if Nintendo said they cold produce a fighter that has near-VF depth but, fixed gameplay mechanics which would suite all ages, we would laugh at them..

Been playing the Japanese version for over a month now (cant play online of course) but the amount of options and features are staggering and yet again like every Nintendo game, you wont find a more polished title anywhere else.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 05, 2008 18:13
i dont get the game either!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 05, 2008 18:32
Is it just me, or are the IGN Nintendo crew the only reviewers at IGN that actually enjoy playing games still? To me they' re the only ones who understand that a game is quite often more than the sum of its parts. Sure Brawl has some minor problems but I know this game kicks ass, and it deserves its 9.5 score despite it being near identical to Melee.

No doubt there are a lot of average games out there, but I' ve seen countless other games that were still very good, get marked way down for being ' too similar' to its predecessors. I' ve seen games get marked way down for having a weak ass single player/story mode, despite having brilliant multiplayer. I' ve seen games get marked down for having awkward load times (ala the 20 second load times in Brawl), despite being great fun to play.

While these issues were present in Brawl, they aren' t considered harmful to the overall experience (and rightly so). Yet in so many other games these issues are brought to the forefront and paraded around, making the game appear crippled. I wonder why that is?
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 5 Mar 08 10:33:23 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 05, 2008 18:57
I dont think are quite as bad as you say they are unlucky.

If there are issues with a game it should be reported. and having weak single player in a game with poor online capabilities should be cripling IMO
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 06, 2008 23:25

ORIGINAL: UnluckyOne
Is it just me, or are the IGN Nintendo crew the only reviewers at IGN that actually enjoy playing games still?

I think that it' s like this at many places. I often get the impression that certain reviewers are being overly cynical or critical.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 06, 2008 23:34

I want a black Wii

Black Wii! No thanks!
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Super Smash Brothers Brawl review - Mar 07, 2008 15:08

Black Wii! No thanks!

I think it would be great, if not for the fact that compared to the ps3 or 360 it would look small and inconsequential, but then again, it is the Wii, it would fit. Would it not?

I have a Wii and the white really is out of place next to the silver/black/ceramic of every other unit in the surround/entertainment center, as well as the furniture.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll