Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Spore...
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 48
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Spore... - Sep 05, 2008 23:02
...fuck warcrack.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Spore... - Sep 05, 2008 23:11
Your post has no substane, we all know about IGN and probably check it among other 10 websites on a daily basis, kikizo isn't a portal for IGN, if you don't have actual discussion about the game don't create threads.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Spore... - Sep 05, 2008 23:11
Especially compared to something like this.

I mean, I only ever got into Everquest. Is WoW really that fun? I"ve never understood it.
emofag

Re:Spore... - Sep 05, 2008 23:14
Vx Chemical

Fuck im poor! all i can afford tehse days are the monthly fee for warcrack.

I just got into the WOTLK beta a few days ago, so far it's just more of the same, if anything can kill the addiction it will be this expansion, its the SAME SHIT all over again.  Granted I've only seen one zone/dungeon and only 71, but still.

The first dungeon feels like one of the level 15 dungeons from 4 years ago, very dissapointing.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Spore... - Sep 06, 2008 02:54

I mean, I only ever got into Everquest. Is WoW really that fun?

No, it's terrible.  They used every trick in the book to make it addictive but put no effort into making it fun.  If you want to play a real MMO look at EVE:Online.  Eve:Online remains the only game where my jaw literally dropped while playing, no game has ever come close to touching it in terms of depth and sophistication, and it manages to be fun at the same time.  EVE: online is a a space sim where to be a good player you have to rely on cunning and skill and not how long you can sit infront of a screen pressing the same button over and over and over and over... Skills increase automatically in real time even when you're not playing, you just have to log in to choose which skill to learn and it might be ready in three days for example.  Then you'd want to log in at the end of that three days to choose another skill to learn.  Making money isn't a grind either, except when you first start out.  a lot of people rely on mining to build enough wealth for a combat ready ship.

http://www.eve-online.com/
14 day free trail (no credit card needed)

Shit even City of Heroes is vastly more enjoyable than WoW. 
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Spore... - Sep 06, 2008 02:58
At first spore sounded much more epic but as more previews and what not came out it just started to sound less and less interesting. It still seems like fun but nothing more then a rental for me. I was putting it at a 7 just prior to review.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:Spore... - Sep 06, 2008 03:20
A 7 ?? Why ? Granted its not as epic as what was promised . Its something fresh and different . I think you guys are just being too harsh on it .
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Spore... - Sep 06, 2008 07:40
For me a 7 isnt bad. It worth trying but not worth keeping. Like I said its a fun looking title it gets knocked a few for its slow degradation over time. Previews had me thinking something else entirely. However that fault lays with the previews more then the game.
emofag

Re:Spore... - Sep 06, 2008 08:08
Eddie_the_Hated

Especially compared to something like this.

I mean, I only ever got into Everquest. Is WoW really that fun? I"ve never understood it.

It's moderately fun but they use to many time-sinks just to keep people playing, I should say it was fun in 2004, right now the latest expansion which isn't out of beta yet plays exactly like a 4-5 year old game.

Also you have to have no life to be any good, or else you just get slapped around and two-shotted by players with no life.  It's like playing a shooter when your character has a knife and everyone else in the map has a wide-area rocket launcher, stand no chance, no skill even involved.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Spore... - Sep 06, 2008 14:20
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Spore... - Sep 06, 2008 16:24

Your post has no substane, we all know about IGN and probably check itamong other 10 websites on a daily basis, kikizo isn't a portal forIGN, if you don't have actual discussion about the game don't createthreads.

It's been stated multiple times that quite a few people here visit this site exclusively for their gaming information. It was interesting fresh information that had yet to be posted, and I had no real opinion on the article at hand, seeing as I only have a moderate interest in Spore. You can deal with a short description from me, or I could talk out of my ass for a paragraph or two. Which would you prefer?

When's the last time you really contributed anyway?
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Sep 06, 2008 16:27>
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
Re:Spore... - Sep 06, 2008 20:34
Eddie you suck, how dare you start a thread that got some good discussion going about a game that hasn't been discussed much by simply posting a link and ordering us to discuss. ;P
<message edited by Torr on Sep 06, 2008 20:45>
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Spore... - Sep 08, 2008 14:09
Torr

Eddie you suck, how dare you start a thread that got some good discussion going about a game that hasn't been discussed much by simply posting a link and ordering us to discuss. ;P

Hows your mum?
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:Spore... - Sep 08, 2008 15:39
I bought the Galactic Edition today... Now I'm just waiting for it to finish installing
2pac

Re:Spore... - Sep 08, 2008 18:32
I got the normal edition . Its fun . The creature phase is bit of a drag . The tribes phase should be interesting .

Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:Spore... - Sep 08, 2008 19:15
Yeah... I just got to the creature stage and it's somewhat boring... You just walk around and beat the opponents. And if you want to change your creature, you just go back to the nest
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Spore... - Sep 11, 2008 22:33
Creature stage sucks.  I reached the Space stage, haven't had much time to fuck around with it yet.

Cell stage has decent gameplay, very similar to flow if you like that sort of thing.  I wish the CELL stage was longer actually.

Creature stage is horrible.  It's not only boring but it's pretty frustrating if you're a carnivore.  It feels like everything is bigger, stronger faster than you are and they all want to eat you.  As soon as the Creature stage begins to pick up once you have a pack of three brothers following you the stage ends.  

Tribe stage is more fun (still dull and too simple) but customization is minimal and superficial.  A neat feature that I don't remember ever seeing in an RTS is the ability to give your guys different weapons by getting them to walk through a specific weapons shops.  I wouldn't mind seeing this done in full RTS games. 

The Civilization stage feels like a modern version of the Tribe stage (duh).  Instead of killing other creatures for food, you mine a single resource at fixed locations.  Instead of Spears/torches/axes you have tanks/boats/planes at your disposal.  The goal is to take over the other cities, either by force or by converting/buying them.  Actually this mode had my favorite moment in the game.  Throughout the entire game I played as violently as possible, it is well established that my critters were assholes of the highest magnitude.  There are little intros before each stage and for the civilization stage my leader had a bunch of cretins surrounding him.  He was speaking gibberish like Simonese with thought bubbles.  The first thing my leader mentions to my people is a big fucking mushroom cloud LOL, the crowd seems very content with that idea.  Another one of my critters mentions a tank and they all cheer again.  

Space stage seems the most complete by far.  I only played for a few minutes though. 

Over all I'm giving the game a 7.5.  It's a neat toy that introduces new gameplay mechanics but the whole thing feels like shell that's waiting for a game to be inserted.  I can already imagine the expansions.  I don't feel like the game has much replayability if any though.  I'm already bored of it.

I'll likely replay again as a peaceful herbnivore that "evolves" into an economic or religious civilization as opposed to the evil warmongering bastards that I created on my first playthrough. 
2pac

Re:Spore... - Sep 12, 2008 01:16
Same here .. Its not worth the 50$ . As agent said i may go back to play as a herbivore but thats about it . The creation tool is amazing though .. I would give it  a 8 at max .
emofag

Re:Spore... - Sep 12, 2008 17:37
I'm in the creature stage and I am liking it, the cell stage could have been a bit longer though, and why do you HAVE to go to land, why can't you have an underwater civilization like those underwater cities in star wars.

Anyway, so far I am enjoying it.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Spore... - Sep 13, 2008 03:46
Most of you know me fairly well, at least my taste in games.

Would I find it worth my while to drop money on this?  I've decided that I"m going to spend a little of my car fund, before I blow it all in a spending binge, and I'm either getting this next paycheck, or putting money away for an AR-15 lower. My brother downloaded it, and may just potentially have it's children, but some of the concerns you all are addressing are bothersome to me.

Your thoughts?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 48

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread