Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Spiderman: Web Of Shadows
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Spiderman: Web Of Shadows - Apr 18, 2008 03:46

Like a stream of light, he arrives just in time -- Spider-Man is coming back to videogames.

Activision announced today that Spider-Man: Web of Shadows is currently in the works from Shaba Games and Treyarch for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PSP, Nintendo DS, Wii and PC. Although it wasn' t ready to say too much about the action-adventure game, Activision did tell us that Web of Shadows will be set in a free-roaming, open-ended New York that combines web slinging with customizable superpowers. There will be the traditional combo attacks on the ground, but the game will also feature a brand new emphasis on vertical combat as gamers take Spidey to the skies and duke it out with bad guys.

However, it might not just be foes who are getting socked in the jaw. According to Activision, Spider-Man' s latest adventure will let players choose how they want to play -- if folks want to be the friendly neighborhood superhero, they can, but they can also ignore missions and be the anti-hero who is only looking out for himself. Marvel heroes and villains will pop up in the adventure, and gamers will have the ability to change sides as they see fit.

Activision is keeping its lips sealed about what Spider-Man is up against in the new game but we know it' s a threat to the entire world and that it can do some real damage to New York. From the one screenshot and teaser trailer, it looks like Spidey' s up against a number of villains who can redecorate buildings and create giant oozing black tendrils. The black gunk and the alien-looking dudes crawling on the side of the building in the teaser makes us think symbiote, but there' s no way to know what' s going on at this point.

Now I have not hear anything about this game up until now, so...............yeah.........Heres comes the Spiderman
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Spiderman: Web Of Shadows - Apr 18, 2008 05:03
Any game not made over a movie as a fighting chance!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Spiderman: Web Of Shadows - Apr 18, 2008 05:17

Web of Shadows is currently in the works from Shaba Games and Treyarch for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2 , PSP, Nintendo DS, Wii and PC

it' s dead right there ...
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Spiderman: Web Of Shadows - Apr 18, 2008 06:53
I still remember playing Maximum Carnage on the Genesis for hours and hours at a time. If they could make a 3-D version of that, maybe it would still have a chance.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Spiderman: Web Of Shadows - Apr 18, 2008 06:55

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

I still remember playing Maximum Carnage on the Genesis for hours and hours at a time. If they could make a 3-D version of that, maybe it would still have a chance.

Did you have the special edition red cartridge? I' ve still got mine. I could never beat that game. It was such a bitch...
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Spiderman: Web Of Shadows - Apr 18, 2008 07:37

Did you have the special edition red cartridge? I' ve still got mine. I could never beat that game. It was such a bitch...
No, I had regular edition. I' m not really sure what happened to mine, but I never beat it either. My cousin and I only got to like the 7th or 8th level.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll