Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sonic Unleashed
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
Sonic Unleashed - Dec 19, 2008 15:27
Thanks on the review for Sonic Unleashed. Checked other sites and they were all one sided. This review kept opened on both sides but still showed you the final verdict. I played the demo and was very impressed with the level. I was hoping that they had truly brought it back to the old school ways. Bah, guess I'll have to wait on another Sonic.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 19, 2008 15:36
Even the 2d levels are an abomination of the real sonic, its simply too fast. Sonic might be fast but he should be fast compared to Mario, not compared to an Ferrari Enzo.

They should remake Sonic the Hedgehog in bright shining 3d graphics with a 2d view and release it for arcade.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 19, 2008 17:52
I liked it.

It sure as hell beat any sonic endeavor in the last ten years (shy of the original "Adventures", of course).
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 20, 2008 03:59
The werehog levels ain't as horrible as certain people want you to believe. As a Sonic fan I've gotten used to these "pros" taking a shit on Sonic just because everybody does it.

To keep it short. Day stages are just simply good. Night time stages...well they ain't bad actually there just should have been less. Especially in the Wii version.

The only things I didn't really like about the game was that the day stages are so short in the Wii version and that the game is on the easy side. Only thing I still have to s-rank is the eggmanland day stage and the final boss fight. And I'm pretty sure I could do it in a few tries if I actually sat down and took the time to do it.

So looking at the Sonic franchise. I'd certainly say it's the best one in a very long time and most Sonic fans will have a blast with it. I myself don't mind the werehog thing that much but they could have just dropped it and mixed the platforming bits into the day stages. Would have been better in my opinion. Looking at it (trying not to be a fan) I'd say it's worth a score ranging from a 7 up to 8. 

I'd get the ps3 version of the game as well just to get some longer day stages but there's simply to much I still wanna buy so I'll have to put that one off for a while.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 20, 2008 04:27
You over-rate garbage games way too much. This game is shit and deserves all the bad reviews it's getting Sonic used to be a respectable franchise until Sega took a dive. I think I havent given a shit about a Sega games since last gen (JSRF, Panzer Dragoon, etc)
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 20, 2008 12:24
immortaldanmx

think I havent given a shit about a Sega games since last gen (JSRF, Panzer Dragoon, etc)

Now those are good games but seems you're forgetting about Yakuza 1&2, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Segagaga, Propeller Arena.

And as for this generation that they already made Valkyria Chronicles for the PS3  which simply is a game everyone with a PS3 should have. Anyone with a PS3 who doesn't have this game is part of the problem why get generic shooters one after another.

You also seem to forget they are going to bring out Yakuza 3 and that they are going to publish Bayonetta, MadWorld and The Conduit.

Sega ain't all crap it's just that people fail to see past the Sonic franchise which is a shame.

immortaldanmx

Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 20, 2008 16:12
Demonoroth

immortaldanmx

think I havent given a shit about a Sega games since last gen (JSRF, Panzer Dragoon, etc)

Now those are good games but seems you're forgetting about Yakuza 1&2, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Segagaga, Propeller Arena.

And as for this generation that they already made Valkyria Chronicles for the PS3  which simply is a game everyone with a PS3 should have. Anyone with a PS3 who doesn't have this game is part of the problem why get generic shooters one after another.

You also seem to forget they are going to bring out Yakuza 3 and that they are going to publish Bayonetta, MadWorld and The Conduit.

Sega ain't all crap it's just that people fail to see past the Sonic franchise which is a shame.

Shenmue was garbage, Skies of Arcadia was on the DC, and I could give a shit less about the other games listed. Bayonetta is a terrible example of Sega being competent, we've only seen some CG trailers. Yakuza is overrated, and Mad World is a Wii only title.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 20, 2008 16:23

Shenmue was garbage

Blasphemy, blaspheyou...

immortaldanmx

Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 20, 2008 20:15
choupolo

Shenmue was garbage

Blasphemy, blaspheyou...

Get over it. No one cares about it other than die-hard Sega fans.
choupolo

Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 20, 2008 21:34
I only ever played the first hour of Shenmue 2 tbh.  I can see why the first part would've been good in its day though.

Haven't played a Sonic game since 2 on the megadrive, but I might have a go at the 360 demo later..
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 21, 2008 07:18

Haven't played a Sonic game since 2 on the megadrive, but I might have a go at the 360 demo later..
Fuck that, go play Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 21, 2008 09:35
I played the demo and it was horrible.  I disliked the controls a great deal and it just wasn't fun.  I also disapprove of the constant framerate drops and camera angle changes.  The music is also a gigantic letdown.  This game does not deserve to exist.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 21, 2008 11:51
mastachefbkw

k, my 360 is busto anyways

choupolo

Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 21, 2008 14:13

How similar are the Xbox versions compared to the Dreamcast versions?  I remember trying the 360 demo for Sonic Adventure and not being too bothered about it.
<message edited by choupolo on Dec 21, 2008 14:20>
mastachefbkw

Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 21, 2008 16:22

How similar are the Xbox versions compared to the Dreamcast versions?  I remember trying the 360 demo for Sonic Adventure and not being too bothered about it.
I wasn't even aware that Sonic Adventure was on the 360. I was referring to the ones that was on DC and later GC.
choupolo

Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 21, 2008 16:45
I'm confused now - which one was this one?:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/watchmojo/videos/681/

I remember playing this demo either on my Box or my PC...

Anyway, it would be kinda cool to pick up an old Dreamcast with all the classics - JSR, Rez, Sonic, Soul Calibur, Space Channel 5, Ikaruga etc
mastachefbkw

Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 21, 2008 20:06

I'm confused now - which one was this one?:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/watchmojo/videos/681/
I believe that is Sonic the Hedgehog, which released in either 06 or 07 for the 360. I think it had a sequel, Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I played the demo for the first one and the camera pissed me off so much I couldn't finish it.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 21, 2008 23:41
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 also sucked.  First one was all about the graphics shock value really, the 2nd one got decent scores because people weren't used to giving sonic games shit scores so they let it pass... kind of how super mario sunshine was given 8s and 9s even though it was a steaming pile of shit, but atleast mario redeemed himself, sonic never did.
choupolo

Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 21, 2008 23:44
Ah right, see I was looking at 'Sonic the Hedgehog' in the demos section of LIVE and thinking it was the megadrive conversion in Arcade for some reason. :s

I played the Unleashed demo - needs better music and better bad guys, more platforming and better controls tbh. And maybe a signpost that spins at the end...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Sonic Unleashed - Dec 22, 2008 00:37
When you saw SA1 on demo in the stores it blew the shit out of everything on PS1 and N64 and was just amazing.  The game wasn't that great though.  It was okay.  

SA2 was okay too. The Sonic and Shadow levels were pretty sweet and hella fast.  The knuckles and other finding levels were boring, the shooting levels were okay. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsEBa_9xM7k&fmt=18
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message