Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 So, How' s Vegas Two?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 37
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 06:45
I see some of you guys have the game already.

Review it already for us dammit!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 06:50
SURPRISE! It' s shit.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 06:53
That was my conclusion, as you know already. I' ve decided against renting it for a review myself unless the folks here can convince me it' s anything worth playing.

I wish they would have released a demo.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 08:26
Im loving it I just wish they implemented CODs spawn system. Aside from that its a good alt to the Call.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 09:25
I take it you haven' t touched the campaign since you got it.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 09:40
Who does in these types of games?

You bitch alot about how crappy single player in fps are, well WHY DO YOU THINK WE ALL SKIP IT AND GO STRAIGHT TO MULTI PLAYER? We get it, single player is pure shit in most FPS, thats the way the genre is, move on with your life.

You' re ***ing stupid for wanting to play a multi player game by yourself anyway, get a life.
< Message edited by emofag -- 22 Mar 08 1:41:35 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 10:08
hahahaa,but the SP co-op is allright on realistic.
emofag

RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 10:16
stfu quez
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 11:07
You cant put me down,I finished LO :) and Viking battle for asgard is out next week+ GTA4 soon here ,im happy.

:)
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 11:42

You' re ***ing stupid for wanting to play a multi player game by yourself anyway, get a life.

The Rainbow Six series has never been considered multiplayer centric. For the most part, the story modes have always met or exceeded the entertainment level of the multiplayer, especially so with the original Rainbow Six: Vegas.

As for the petty insults? Quit trying to bait me. It' s evident you' ve just come down off your mary-jane high, and are looking for someone to vent your spleen on. Take it elsewhere.

You bitch alot about how crappy single player in fps are, well WHY DO YOU THINK WE ALL SKIP IT AND GO STRAIGHT TO MULTI PLAYER? We get it, single player is pure shit in most FPS, thats the way the genre is,

The claim that " we all skip story mode and go straight to multiplayer" is unfounded, and a little ridiculous. Games like Bioshock would be absolute commercial and critical failures if everybody skipped the " pure shit" story modes and only played multiplayer.

move on with your life.

I love you too.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 14:23
I been jumping between all the modes so far.
emofag

RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 22:36

The Rainbow Six series has never been considered multiplayer centric.

Yes it has , and yes it is, get over it.

The claim that " we all skip story mode and go straight to multiplayer" is unfounded, and a little ridiculous. Games like Bioshock would be absolute commercial and critical failures if everybody skipped the " pure shit" story modes and only played multiplayer.

Right thats why I used keyword *MOST* games because I know you' re a little bitch and would get technical, I' ve already prepared for it.
< Message edited by emofag -- 22 Mar 08 16:39:38 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 22, 2008 23:12
i' m playing vegas 2 right now, ans so far i really like it, the graphics are more or less the same as the original which is very disapointing ... your Ai team mate can get stupidly stuck, once i was goin,g ahead, then suddently i turned back , " where the hell are those cockheads " i went back and i found them stucj between a van and a barrel... otherwise they do a decent job helping you..

if you loved the original , you can' t hate this one , its pretty much identical, and i love those outfits.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 23, 2008 00:55

Right thats why I used keyword *MOST*

GRAW - 9.2 IGN
" the missions are long, multifaceted, and seamlessly woven together "

Call of Duty 2 - 9.0 IGN
" The missions are fluid and multi-tiered; they keep you moving at all times, something that the AI works to do well, and they' re complex."

Resistance: Fall of Man - 9.0 IGN
" From start to finish, Fall of Man is one hell of an outstanding roller coaster ride that every last PS3 owner needs for day one. Epic boss battles (the final few are crazy!), ever-changing scenery, addictive weaponry, and a unique thematic are just a few of the reasons Resistance stands out."

Rainbow Six: Vegas - 9.3 IGN
" Rainbow Six: Vegas returns to form as an excellent tactical shooter, but is much more accessible for the average shooter fan with streamlined controls and a simple health system. The sprawling levels like the glowing Fremont Street or the Hoover Dam open up Rainbow like it' s never been before, and the result is a balanced shooter that is as much close-quarter combat as long-range head shots."

Brothers in Arms - 9.1 IGN
" Offering up engaging, squad-based battles and presenting it all in an authentic yet undeniably cinematic setting, Brothers in Arms is a game that, to borrow a phrase from General Patton, " grabs you by the nose and kicks you in the ass."

Gears of War - 9.4 IGN
" Epic' s twisting and turning and rolling an exciting change-up in the shooter genre, a blend of fast-arcade action and basic, tactical maneuvering."

Right... most.

That list can easily continue if you' re so inclined.
emofag

RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 23, 2008 01:52

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Right thats why I used keyword *MOST*

GRAW - 9.2 IGN
" the missions are long, multifaceted, and seamlessly woven together "

Call of Duty 2 - 9.0 IGN
" The missions are fluid and multi-tiered; they keep you moving at all times, something that the AI works to do well, and they' re complex."

Resistance: Fall of Man - 9.0 IGN
" From start to finish, Fall of Man is one hell of an outstanding roller coaster ride that every last PS3 owner needs for day one. Epic boss battles (the final few are crazy!), ever-changing scenery, addictive weaponry, and a unique thematic are just a few of the reasons Resistance stands out."

Rainbow Six: Vegas - 9.3 IGN
" Rainbow Six: Vegas returns to form as an excellent tactical shooter, but is much more accessible for the average shooter fan with streamlined controls and a simple health system. The sprawling levels like the glowing Fremont Street or the Hoover Dam open up Rainbow like it' s never been before, and the result is a balanced shooter that is as much close-quarter combat as long-range head shots."

Brothers in Arms - 9.1 IGN
" Offering up engaging, squad-based battles and presenting it all in an authentic yet undeniably cinematic setting, Brothers in Arms is a game that, to borrow a phrase from General Patton, " grabs you by the nose and kicks you in the ass."

Gears of War - 9.4 IGN
" Epic' s twisting and turning and rolling an exciting change-up in the shooter genre, a blend of fast-arcade action and basic, tactical maneuvering."

Right... most.

That list can easily continue if you' re so inclined.

LOL

You go by reviews?

All of those games single player modes suck ass, especially Gears of Wars. Go play them before you argue with me.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 23, 2008 02:37
Reviews don' t make or break a game. I understand that. If you want I could explain personally why I think those game' s single player are worthy of my time.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 23, 2008 06:31
Vegas was the first R6 game that had a decent storyline. The games, especially 3 we' re ultimately about the online modes. Vegas' s singleplayer mode was pretty decent, but again, the focus for most people has been the multiplayer and co-op modes.

You might not like it, but most first person shooters are mutiplayer centric. GRAW and Gears arent first-person anyway, but it' s no lie that their multipayer modes are still the focus for most buyers. The Ghost Recon games have decent enough plots, but the storyline in Gears was lame, as were the cutscenes and voice acting. But then, the cutscenes and voice acting in UT3 is even worse... so that' s just Epic for you.

Most singeplayer modes in most first person shooers are pathetic. It the most overdone genre now and the gems are few and far between. BioShock and Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4, Crysis, Halo 3 and Orange Box (which shouldn' t really count) are the only first person shooters this gen so far that have " good" singleplayer campaigns.

The rest...

Frontlines: Fuel of War
Turok
Call of Duty 3
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
The Darkness
Unreal Tournament 3
Perfect Dark Zero
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Medal of Honor: Airborne
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific
BlackSite: Area 51
TimeShift
Conflict: Denied Ops
Prey
Call of Juarez
Quake 4
Hour of Victory
Soldier of Fortune: Payback
Resistance: Fall of Man

...all blow goats for quarters.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 23, 2008 06:36
The first Rainbow Six, actually had a way better storyline than Vegas, though it wasnt told as fluently since it was a tactical game, with structured missions.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 23, 2008 13:10
I almost bought the collectors edition today just for the poker chip key chain that comes with it.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: So, How' s Vegas Two? - Mar 23, 2008 13:44

The rest...

Frontlines: Fuel of War
Turok
Call of Duty 3
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
The Darkness
Unreal Tournament 3
Perfect Dark Zero
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Medal of Honor: Airborne
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific
BlackSite: Area 51
TimeShift
Conflict: Denied Ops
Prey
Call of Juarez
Quake 4
Hour of Victory
Soldier of Fortune: Payback
Resistance: Fall of Man

That' s an interesting point, but I don' t see how you can list those games in defense of FPS' s being multiplayer centric, when for the most part, those aren' t games with good single player or multiplayer. With bold titles being the exceptions, debatable by taste, they suck on all fronts. As a general rule, a piss-poor developer will turn out piss poor code, whichever mode they work with.

The FPS genre is littered with trash games. Always has been, always will be. There' s no denying that, and there' s no stopping it, but to say that first person shooters are multiplayer centric just doesn' t add up.

Using the 360 as an example, in 06 only 60% of all Xbox 360s (boxes, not gamers) had been signed on to Xbox Live, with even fewer opting to purchase Gold. The numbers are old, and I' m sure the Live attach rate has grown since then, but it would make sense that the general demographic still stands. A large minority of people not signed into Live, the majority with Live Silver, and a large minority with Live Gold. (Feel free to correct me if more recent numbers have been released. That' s speculation, and nothing more)

There are staple franchises like Halo, and more recently Call of Duty, that come across very strong in single player, but there are plenty of titles I could list that came across very strong in single player, and very weak in multiplayer. FEAR and Prey being the first two that come to mind. Those two certainly didn' t get critical acclaim for their online modes.

Vegas was the first R6 game that had a decent storyline.

I have to side with VX on this one. The original had a solid plot, though flawed in execution.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 37

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message