Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple

Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 40 of 183
immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 03:31
I just finished my order on gamestop.com, and I ordered a PS3, MGS4, MGS Collection, an HDMI cable, and The God of War games. My 2 questions to the forums since Ive had literally no news for 14 weeks:

What good games(not RPGs) are on the horizon for the PS3 and what is out that I should buy. Also, what kind of headset to you guys recommend?
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:07

I just finished my order on gamestop.com, and I ordered a PS3, MGS4, MGS Collection, an HDMI cable, and The God of War games. My 2 questions to the forums since Ive had literally no news for 14 weeks:

What good games(not RPGs) are on the horizon for the PS3 and what is out that I should buy. Also, what kind of headset to you guys recommend?

Wait, so the backwards-compatible PS3 consoles are still being sold? For some crazy reason I thought they were being phased out for the cheaper non-backwards compatible alternative.

Uncharted: Drake' s Fortune is a good game. Ratchet & Clank is another. Don' t know if those games are your cup of tea, but I loved them!
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

immortaldanmx
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:12
I was under the impression that the 40Gb models used BC Emulation? Either way it doesnt matter, I still have my PS2, I just sold all the games I had for it. Im interested in Ratchet, but not Drakes Fortune.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:19
The 40 gig PS3 does not have backwards compatibility. As far as what' s coming out in the future... nothing really until next year. That' s why I returned the PS3 I bought last week. MGS4 will be good and I' m sure Uncharted and Ratchet will give you a brief stint of enjoyment but other than that the console will be collecting dust for a good 6 months.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Shin_Ishikawa
  • Total Posts : 144
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:24
I found heavenly sword a good game but is hard too. There are some parts that take luck to pass them. But I only finish it one time I din' t feel like playing it again.
and yeah uncharted: drakes fortune is a good game. I am kind of stuck in this part where you ride a jetski with a girl. I can' t pass that part I keep dying all the time.

Terry Bogard
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:31

I was under the impression that the 40Gb models used BC Emulation? Either way it doesnt matter, I still have my PS2, I just sold all the games I had for it. Im interested in Ratchet, but not Drakes Fortune.

I still have my PlayStation 2 consoles too but ever since I got an LCD monitor for gaming I just want to play everything on that thing, and unfortunately, to my knowledge, the PS2 offers no VGA solution. Though, I would LOVE for someone to tell me that I' m wrong and point me in the direction of one ;D.

I have a Japanese PS3, which is backwards compatible with Japanese PS2 games but not U.S. games. At one point I thought about getting a U.S. PS3 unit in order to play PS2 games and watch Blu-Ray movies, but I recently found out that U.S. Blu-Ray movies play fine on the Japanese PS3. So now, the only reason to get an American unit would be to play old ass PS2 games, which makes no Damn sense whatsoever. Oh well.

Terry Bogard
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:32

I found heavenly sword a good game but is hard too. There are some parts that take luck to pass them. But I only finish it one time I din' t feel like playing it again.
and yeah uncharted: drakes fortune is a good game. I am kind of stuck in this part where you ride a jetski with a girl. I can' t pass that part I keep dying all the time.

Wait, you beat Ninja Gaiden 2 but had trouble with those two games??? What the hell?!???
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 10 Jun 08 20:32:50 >

Shin_Ishikawa
  • Total Posts : 144
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 04:47

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Wait, you beat Ninja Gaiden 2 but had trouble with those two games??? What the hell?!???

I know this might sound strange but in heavenly sword there are some parts that are a pain in the ass and the last boss was really tough. It took me like more than 30 tries to defeat him. And uncharted like I said that part when you ride on the jetski I just keep dying they keep killing me. I stop playing it. I' m waiting if they release codebreaker so I can cheat.

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 10:49
This thread has some suggestions by many people. May want to check it out.

Click Away.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 11:05
Terry B, git yo ass a component cable fo' da PS Double. It is mad tight yo. It is awesome rad. Den go in and set yo PS Double to Y,Pb,Pr instead of RGB and den you be kickin' like a mofo. Many games dey supportz da 480p so you must hold da X and Traingle at startup and den dose games will display in 480p and you be stylin' . Not all gamez, tho because da PS Double was extremely lacking in that department nad had da shittiest grafx of dat generation. PS Double was to da last generation what da Wii iz 2 dis generation. Kick it b-style, yo.

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 11:16

Terry B, git yo ass a component cable fo' da PS Double. It is mad tight yo. It is awesome rad. Den go in and set yo PS Double to Y,Pb,Pr instead of RGB and den you be kickin' like a mofo. Many games dey supportz da 480p so you must hold da X and Traingle at startup and den dose games will display in 480p and you be stylin' . Not all gamez, tho because da PS Double was extremely lacking in that department nad had da shittiest grafx of dat generation. PS Double was to da last generation what da Wii iz 2 dis generation. Kick it b-style, yo.

Why are you like that ? Joe what are you on.

Joe Redifer
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 11:19
Also the 40GB PS3 is indeed backwards compatible... I can play most if not all of my PS1 games on it.

Rampage99
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 11:37

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Also the 40GB PS3 is indeed backwards compatible... I can play most if not all of my PS1 games on it.

Not any of the ones since the end of last year. They also don' t feature memory card slots for PS1/2 cards either. I can confirm this from the one I owned. This also confirms it.

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 11:48
Isn' t there a USB device that you can use to transfer PS2 saves to the PS3?

40Gb model MGS Collection

Well at least the PS2 slims are dirt cheap.

Yeah I' m sure out of all the games in the MGS Collection Dan is most excited about is Metal Gear Solid 1.

Rampage99
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 11:52
You know, I didn' t try a PS1 game in it. Did they leave the PS1 chip in there? I' ll be picking up the MGS collection when I get MGS4 as well. Figure I might as well have them all. I' m excited to play the first one again.

Agent Ghost
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 12:59
There' s no PS1 chip, PS1 games are software emulation.

Joe Redifer
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 14:24
And if it can play PS1 games, it is technically backwards compatible to some degree. These PS3s have the ability to play PS2 games as well, Sony just left that emulation package out of the system (the most recent PS3s only has PS2 emulation as well). Why they don' t include it is beyond me. maybe Adam can ask Kaz Hirai or whatever the hell his name is. What about it, Adam?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 11 Jun 08 6:25:01 >

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 15:00

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

They also don' t feature memory card slots for PS1/2 cards either

PS3 creates virtual PS1/2 Memory cards, don' t need a slot, dumbass.

PS3 also upscales PS1/2 games, ps1/2 games running on a ps2 look like complete crap on an HDTV, not even playable.

And why are you guys buying the $400 model? Stop being poor?
< Message edited by emofag -- 11 Jun 08 7:05:32 >

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 15:39

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Joe is CHAD WARDEN!!!! beetchhhes.

Are you 100% sure about ps one games running on the Ps3? As I was sure that all backward compatibility was removed from the European PS3' s.

Joe Redifer
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 17:04
Of course I' m sure, since I' ve done it and all. And they still look like ass... just like they did when they were brand new.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 17:12
Where have you been for the past 14 weeks Dannyboy? Juvenile detention?

Rampage99
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 11, 2008 22:30

ORIGINAL: emofag

Because that' s all that' s being sold, ' dumbass' . 80Gig consoles have been off the market for a while and will be reintroduced with the MGS4 bundle.

That virtual memory card doesn' t help much with PS2 games when the aren' t compatible either as of October with the 40 gig model.

immortaldanmx
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 01:38

Where have you been for the past 14 weeks Dannyboy? Juvenile detention?

Ft. Benning, GA. I joined the National Guard as an infantryman.

Rampage99
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 01:48

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

Ft. Benning, GA. I joined the National Guard as an infantryman.

Nice, how do you like it?

immortaldanmx
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 01:56

Nice, how do you like it?

Its not bad. Im in a lot better shape than when I left, especially running. Being National Guard I go to drill once a month, and thats about it. Im also exempt from deployment due to my contract being a " College First" contract. Basically theyre giving me $10,000, $600 a month, and free college for 14 weeks of training and then going to a drill 1 weekend a month. Not a bad exchange, IMO.

Did I miss any radical changes here at kikizo?

mikayd2
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 02:45

Did I miss any radical changes here at kikizo?

Nope just these NUT' S in your mouth.

Much love on that joining the National Guard.

Stay Safe

immortaldanmx
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 03:10

Nope just these NUT' S in your mouth.

Funny how I wasnt here when these alleged nuts were in my mouth. Only in magical internet-land.

mikayd2
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 04:30

Only in magical internet-land.

I' m just messing with you I love the magical internet-land.

Agent Ghost
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 06:17

Its not bad. Im in a lot better shape than when I left, especially running. Being National Guard I go to drill once a month, and thats about it. Im also exempt from deployment due to my contract being a " College First" contract. Basically theyre giving me $10,000, $600 a month, and free college for 14 weeks of training and then going to a drill 1 weekend a month. Not a bad exchange, IMO.

That' s a pretty sweet deal. How' s drill? I' m thinking of joining the CF myself, one of the things holding me back is drill. I' m fine with the physical part, but I' m not well coordinated. Moving in sync with all the bullshit steps makes me nervous.

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 08:52
I think the 40GB version can play PS1 games but not PS2 ones.

80Gig consoles have been off the market for a while and will be reintroduced with the MGS4 bundle.

I thought the MGS4 bundle was 40GB.

Rampage99
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 09:18

ORIGINAL: GrayFox

I thought the MGS4 bundle was 40GB.

emofag
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 10:12

ORIGINAL: emofag

Because that' s all that' s being sold, ' dumbass' . 80Gig consoles have been off the market for a while and will be reintroduced with the MGS4 bundle.

That virtual memory card doesn' t help much with PS2 games when the aren' t compatible either as of October with the 40 gig model.

Why didn' t you buy it earlier, took you 2 years to save up $400?

Get. A. Job.

Rampage99
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 10:19
I' ve had a job and I' ve had more than enough money to buy it. The console is currently a waste of money though which is why I went ahead and returned it. I' ll get one next year when there are actually games to buy for it so it doesn' t just sit in my room collecting dust.

Your " get a job" angle has really grown old.

emofag
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 10:32
$400 aint shit

All of my consoles are collecting dust, you don' t see me trying to return them like a broke bum.
< Message edited by emofag -- 12 Jun 08 2:33:18 >

Rampage99
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 10:48
You' re right, $400 " ain' t shit" . It is half a monthly college loan payment though which I' d rather pay off than own a PS3.

emofag
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 10:52
What school did you go to? Considering your lackluster career, I don' t buy it. Unless you did something stupid like take a 5 year payment plan instead of 20+ years everyone does.
< Message edited by emofag -- 12 Jun 08 2:54:21 >

Rampage99
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 10:57
I don' t care if you buy it. You can go fuck yourself for all I care.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 12 Jun 08 2:57:28 >

emofag
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 11:03

I don' t care if you buy it. You can go fuck yourself for all I care.

In other words I was right, you are a liar.

You either have a GED at best or went to a private for-profit school with easy admissions which no one respects, you had to take whatever reject job you could get and they got you so far in debt you can' t even afford a PS3.

I can see right through you.

< Message edited by emofag -- 12 Jun 08 3:09:00 >

Rampage99
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 11:27
Actually I' m not lying. The majority of people here know where I went and when I graduated. You' re an idiot and your blind. I am in quite a bit of debt and I am in a short term loan because I' d much rather pay the thing off than have it hanging over my head the rest of my life and paying more interest to a bunch of assholes. I' ve seen what happens with long term loans. A friend of mine went with a 25 year loan and will be paying twice the amount of the loan itself in interest. Try again.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 12 Jun 08 3:30:45 >

emofag
RE: Silly Nub-cake bought a PS Triple - Jun 12, 2008 12:10
Nah, you' ll pay 15-30% more in the end, it isn' t even mathematically possible for me to pay 200% with normal interest rates.

It sounds like you had bad credit and got your loans from a questionable institution.
< Message edited by emofag -- 12 Jun 08 4:13:33 >

Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 40 of 183