Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Silent Hill Homecoming
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Silent Hill Homecoming - Oct 04, 2008 00:13
So this game totally dropped off my radar then suddenly I was reading people's impressions and holy shit the game is out! whats even more surprizing is that people are loving it, calling it the best silent hill so far..

What does Kikizo think?
ys

• Total Posts : 532
Re:Silent Hill Homecoming - Oct 08, 2008 19:11
The reviews that I have seen seemed not too positive though. I think an average of around 7 at the moment. Not that it matters though. I've liked  several games with such scores just because I was a fan of the genre.
But a bit like me and some others suspected (going by interviews and trailers) it has lost a bit of its original horror feel. Going for more action like many survival horror games seem to do.

In a way the game seems a bit more superficial which wasn't a surprise with a Western developer that wasn't the original team;) For example, having Pyramidhead in the game is kind of weird since it was a product of the imagination of James in Silent Hill 2. Here they threw him in because it's cool. It's like they took some elements from earlier games without really getting the deeper reasons why the original team did what they did.

The combat system seems improved though which definitely helps in a more action based game. The previous one already had more action but unfortunately not the ability to really deal with this well.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll