Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Shrek 2' s Puss in Boots direct-to-video flick soon
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Shrek 2' s Puss in Boots direct-to-video flick soon - Nov 23, 2004 19:12

DreamWorks developing a direct-to-video release of a film featuring Shrek 2' s popular Puss in Boots.

By Lisa Johnson, FilmStew.com

Antonio Banderas' Puss in Boots, as played in Shrek 2, has become so popular that DreamWorks is giving him his own film, currently slated for a direct-to-video release. Maybe it was the amount of votes he got on Far Far Away Idol, as presented on the Shrek2 DVD.

Ed Decter and John Strauss have been hired to write the script, and the exact storyline is unknown at this point. No deal has been signed yet, but Banderas has often said he loves the role and will likely return to voice the character.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Shrek 2' s Puss in Boots direct-to-video flick soon - Nov 25, 2004 00:06
Oh wow man that' s awesome! I love Puss in Boots he' s just sooo funny. I can' t wait to see this. Whoo Hoo more for my Shrek collection but I still have to get Shrek 2 man Mass X you are so current with Movies heh it' s like you own this side of the forums.. Heh
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Shrek 2' s Puss in Boots direct-to-video flick soon - Nov 25, 2004 06:05
lol ya most ppl are occupied with the Videogame section. I like both medias equally, got all my bookmarks here online setup and organized.

I too have to pick up Shrek 2, just dunno which edition Ima get yet.
Starman Anthony

RE: Shrek 2' s Puss in Boots direct-to-video flick soon - Nov 26, 2004 01:35
Oh and that other Shrek mini movie that' s 3D I don' t know is that sold seperatly? Yeah I think I will get the Special edition or is it called collector edition I don' t know need to go find out.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Shrek 2' s Puss in Boots direct-to-video flick soon - Nov 28, 2004 15:30
I hate direct to video movies.... most of them are utter tripe created solely to capitalize on a name and are made cheaply. If they put effort and money into this and don' t cop out, it could be great (puss N Boots was hillarious), but I don' t think that they will.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Shrek 2' s Puss in Boots direct-to-video flick soon - Nov 28, 2004 16:18
The recent batch of straight to video Disney sequels has me worried about this. Most of them are utter tripe, not even able to come anywhere close to the original they’ve spawned from. But I have some trust in Dreamworks to come up with the goods. It’s a new characters story so hopefully they’ll be able to keep it fresh and interesting enough for people to care.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Shrek 2' s Puss in Boots direct-to-video flick soon - Nov 28, 2004 19:35
thATS COOL I DIDNT KNOW THAT THANKS
Starman Anthony

RE: Shrek 2' s Puss in Boots direct-to-video flick soon - Nov 28, 2004 22:31
And speaking of sequels didn' t Disney himself say that they would never make a sequel to any movie they have made....?... Hmm.. what' s next a Pinocchio sequel?...yikes
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
RE: Shrek 2' s Puss in Boots direct-to-video flick soon - Nov 30, 2004 23:54
nah i never liked this puss in boots, or this Shrek dude. i dont think ill watch the movie but that little cookie guy is sweet.( its a thong) he he

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll