Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sad news this morning
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sad news this morning - Jun 17, 2008 07:53
Ha!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sad news this morning - Jun 17, 2008 09:09

. I had to start modifying and fixing my consoles myself cause edddy works at a snails pace even though I pay him a premium ($0.57/hr, his 8th raise)

Nobody ever said it' s difficult. You' re computer savvy, I' m sure you had no problem with it.

Oh, and how the hell did you manage to spell my name " Edddy" ? There isn' t a single word in the English language with three of the same consecutive letters. WTF man? I thought you were college educated.

Edit:You replaced the X-clamps with 80-10 flathead bolts right? The roundheads will give you grief after a while.

1) it' ll be fixed
2) go back to 3red after a couple of months.

so this is borthering me a lot, may be i' ll wait and buy a graphic card or buy a whole new xbox with the new architecture.

Go do what me and Emo did.

LINK

It' s permanent. My latest 360 has been running better than stock since I got it in January, as is the one I sold Torr.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 17 Jun 08 1:16:27 >
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Sad news this morning - Jun 17, 2008 14:14
How much did you rip him off for?

Nobody ever said it' s difficult. You' re computer savvy, I' m sure you had no problem with it.

No problem besides the fact that the 360 is a complete cluster *** in the way it' s assembled. Dissasembly & Reassembly took me longer than soldering those old school 33-wire modchips on the original xbox. That was alot simpler to open, it was like a PC you pretty muched popped that shit open and the motherboard was immediately accessible.
< Message edited by emofag -- 17 Jun 08 19:17:34 >
emofag

RE: Sad news this morning - Jun 17, 2008 14:17

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

thanks masta , though i' ve been using more often often the forum lately.

anyway, this is my exact problem, no warranty, but since my box is modified , it won' t matter evenif i live in the US, in my city there is a store that fixes the 360 problem but there is no guarantee that :

1) it' ll be fixed
2) go back to 3red after a couple of months.

so this is borthering me a lot, may be i' ll wait and buy a graphic card or buy a whole new xbox with the new architecture.

Walmart it.

They have gotten smarter and check for serial # so just swap the entire case out.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Sad news this morning - Jun 17, 2008 14:55
My 360 still works, so I must be doing something wrong.

Then again I rarely ever turn the damn thing on unless I want a huge helping of boring.
emofag

RE: Sad news this morning - Jun 18, 2008 00:06
If you never turn it on it doesn' t break, heat is the problem. When you start playing it alot it will break. And you are a moron, Joe.
< Message edited by emofag -- 17 Jun 08 19:17:57 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Sad news this morning - Jun 18, 2008 08:54

Walmart it.

They have gotten smarter and check for serial # so just swap the entire case out.

Only in American is Walmart a verb.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Sad news this morning - Jun 18, 2008 13:21
In America everything is a verb.
emofag

RE: Sad news this morning - Jun 18, 2008 15:18

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Walmart it.

Only in American is Walmart a verb.

Locopuyo You.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Good news this morning - Jul 01, 2008 17:01
So yesterday got my 360 back. That is 15 days after the original fault happened, and the actual time taken from pick-up of the dead one to receiving the new one back was just 6 working days. When you consider 5 of those 6 were courier transit that is a great turnaround.

So obviously they' ve replaced the motherboard in it, and it is much much quieter, pre-rrod the thing was noisy as hell, now a faint whirr of the fans is all you can hear.

So while the the failure was a bit of a pain the fix was painless and I' ve got a better machine back than I started, and it cost me nowt. That can' t be bad.

Now lets see how long this one lasts.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Sad news this morning - Jul 01, 2008 20:08
If you don' t use it, those suckers will last a long time. I see people make the same mistake all the time, you should never press the power button, big mistake. MS should add a clause indicating that turning on the unit will void the warranty.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 1 Jul 08 12:12:02 >
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Sad news this morning - Jul 01, 2008 22:57
After a couple of hours on COD4 matches on my friends Xbox, i told him that i wanted to try NG2. After around 30min it started freezing. I told him to turn it off for the night as it may RROD or something. Was i right? Is this a sign for an upcoming RROD? What should be done to avoid that ( apart from not turning on the thing as Agent said )?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sad news this morning - Jul 01, 2008 23:52

No problem besides the fact that the 360 is a complete cluster *** in the way it' s assembled. Dissasembly & Reassembly took me longer than soldering those old school 33-wire modchips on the original xbox. That was alot simpler to open, it was like a PC you pretty muched popped that shit open and the motherboard was immediately accessible.

It' s a clusterfuck on purpose. It' s a modification deterrent. There' s a reason they' ve got those damn clippy things, those Torx-8 security bits and the uber-frustrating aluminum chassis.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message