Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
ginjirou

RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 20, 2007 04:52
Here' s the review that got the site attacked

http://72.14.235.104/search?q=cache:mPHjYmhkcu4J:www.mobile-review.com/articles/2007/iphone-name-en.shtml&hl=en&strip=1

Best review I' ve read so far. And those guys know what they' re talking about.
I can say that I' m NOT buying an iPhone and I NEVER intended to because I knew Apple was nothing more than a flashy surface. All who buys it are gullable suckers who fall for Apple' s marketing.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 20, 2007 05:17
You' ve lost me.

Aside from Macs Apple don' t make anything functional. Nobody buys an iPod because it' s easy to use and technologically comparable/superior to non-Apple branded MP3 players. Apple sell lifestyle products and everybody knows it.

Now since it isn' t being pushed as a smartphone i really don' t see why the reviewer went to such great lengths to explain why it isn' t. It' s an iPhone, and it' s biggest draw is the web browser. It has a large touchscreen and a fully functioning HTML browser. It' s not like it promises much else.

There are superior products and the iPhone certainly seem to have a whole host of flaws, but reviewing it as something it' s not even positioned as is just dumb.
ginjirou

RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 20, 2007 05:28
Ah but that' s where you' re wrong. Lots of consumers have believed that the iPhone actually is a smartphone or similar.
And it' s Apple' s fault. Apple have never said straight out that it is but they have marketed it as something that would revolutionise the mobile industry and clearly it does not.
It' s simply a fashion product but Apple' s sweet talk is worse than Nintendo' s and Sony' s put together.
Apple if full of shit and they try to hide it with a flashy surface.
That' s why it' s important that reviewers clearly show the flaws of the iPhone because people are much more brainwashed by Apple' s marketing than that of any other company.
Apple said the iPhone would revolutionise the industry and the key features people like are simply extremely flawed. They didn' t market it as an fashion mobile .They marketed it as something much more.
And the features it does have like touchscreen and web-browser are already available in other products but Apple has made people believe that they actually have sometihng new to show. But it' s bullshit.
They didn' t review it as something it' s not. They clearly took the time to show people why it is in the cathegory they chose to put it in. Why you might ask. Well, simply because Apple' s brainwashing would' ve made people (Apple fanboys) go crazy of you didn' t explain why. ANd now that they did, the site got attacked. Apple is baaaaaaad! I hate them
Nitro

RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 20, 2007 06:15
It' s not 3G and isn' t EDGE compatible so it' s completely useless as far as i' m concerned. The only reason i' d consider buying one is because it looks nice.

At no point have i expected it to revolutionize anything. Only a complete moron would expect it to be practical, and if they were " duped" by Apples marketing then it serves them right. It' s made by Apple and it' s not a Mac so it' s actually just a nice looking piece of worthless expensive tech.
ginjirou

RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 20, 2007 11:40
Then most people are idiots. If you read blogs on the Internet or just talk with people who own iPods or iPhones or intend to buy those things they' ll say things that clearly show that they believe the products to be technically more advanced than their competitors. Not the tech-freaks of course, but the normal suckers.
It just pisses me off that Apple is entering the market because they' ll make lots of money on their crap and steal profit from the companies that make good products.
I guess I feel the same way about the iPhone as some people here feel about the Wii.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 20 Aug 07 3:41:53 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 20, 2007 11:44
WTF is a smart phone? As far as I know, all phones are pretty stupid. None of them can think on their own.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 20, 2007 14:11

ORIGINAL: Nitro

It' s not 3G

It' s NOT?? What the hell?

I was never interested in it, because I use my phone exclusively for calls, but I' d assumed it had up to date features. No 3G at that price point is just...wrong.
Nitro

RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 20, 2007 17:46

ORIGINAL: nekkid_monkey

ORIGINAL: Nitro

It' s not 3G

It' s NOT?? What the hell?

I was never interested in it, because I use my phone exclusively for calls, but I' d assumed it had up to date features. No 3G at that price point is just...wrong.

They claim that the inclusion of 3G would drastically shorten the battery life.

It is a major oversight though as 3G is pretty much standard now for all new non-budget phones.

ginjirou

RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 20, 2007 18:10
Yeah, when I' m traveling I always want access to the Internet and since there aren' t wi-fi hotspots everywhere, especially in the subway, 3G is necessary.
And with every 3G phone I' ve used you can choose if you want the phone to use GSM connection or 3G connection which leaves the choice of battery time to the consumer, which I think is great. I NEED 3G. I don' t really need unlimited battery time. That way I can choose to have access to both GSM and 3G connections.
If you don' t need 3G and needs more battery time then you can easily switch of the 3G connection. But I guess Apple are too much behind to be able to make such a phone. Or do they simply want to save production costs?

I saw a chart some time ago which showed that the Iphone is sold at pretty much twice the production costs. So Apple is making tons of money on it from start.

Nintendo and Apple are pretty much the same.

I' m getting the new Sony Ericsson W860 when it gets out which has turbo-3G which means speeds up to 3 mbps. It also has wi-fi. And the Opera web-browser. And the walkman player. And java apps. And MMS. And Instant Messaging. And Radio. And Bluetooth with A2DP. And touchscreen. And actual hardware keys which offers feedback when typing and playing games. And 8GB HDD, which can be used as a portable memory device. And customisable ringtones. And 3.2 mp camera. And video capture. And USB-connection. And cool design. And games. And direct download of games and music or whatever. And TrackID. And with SE' s peripheral I can also have a GPS integrated in the headphone wire.

So technically the iPhone has its shortcomings

But even as a fashion device I think it fails. Fashion devices should be pretty limited and rare, like the LG Prada phone. but the iPhone is probably going to be one of the most common phones on the market. Just like the iPod. I don' t get people who likes to have a fashion product when EVERYONE else has it. What happened to people looking for unique looks?

Anyway, people think the iPhone is the mostest powerfullest mobile eva! Think of regular electronic consumers as fanboys. Apple fanboys. They don' t know the facts, they just go with the marketing from the big and famous brands.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 20 Aug 07 10:18:04 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 21, 2007 00:43

Now since it isn' t being pushed as a smartphone i really don' t see why the reviewer went to such great lengths to explain why it isn' t. It has a large touchscreen and a fully functioning HTML browser. It' s not like it promises much else.

I don' t know about that. The advertisements I' ve seen certainly market it more as a multimedia device than a nifty web browser with a phone. They show it being used as a Phone, a Web Browser, and iPod, a camera and other random jazz.

It' s an iPhone, and it' s biggest draw is the web browser.

Yeah, but the lower-case " i" is representative of Apple more than it is the internet. You can' t access the web from your iPod, or your iTV. (Yeah, I know it' s Apple TV now) Most of apple' s consumer products come with an " i" in front of them. Internet ready or not.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 21, 2007 01:22
The Apple ][e was a rock-solid product. How can you imply otherwise? WHERE MY APPLE ][E DAWGS AT!!!!1!!!1!11!!1111111111!1
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 21, 2007 04:00
Hahaha! This is such a funny discussion!

First off, I have an iPhone. Am I a " gullible sucker" ? Who know, and who really gives a damn. I just find it amusing how some people are Apple fanboys, and some people are Apple haters, and they are as equally close-minded and ridiculous in their zealot behavior.

Why can' t I just buy the phone I want? I liked the iPhone; I bought the iPhone! It' s a very simple transaction that others should not be concerned with. Yet, someone always has to put their two cents in. I mean, WTF man, truly!

Could I have gotten a smart phone? Of course! My roomate has one that has all the bells and whistles. And I mean ALL of them! It can do everything that the iPhone can do, and a gazillion things more. Trust me when I say that my roomate NEEDS all of the functionality too! He runs a chat client from the thing, for God' s sake!

So why didn' t I get one of these amazing smartphones? Well, for one, I' m a simple man. I like my sh*t uncomplicated and intuitive. That' s is exactly what the iPhone delivers. The revolution that people speak of isn' t in the amount, or even the type, of functions; it' s in the presentation. " Wow, that feature is really easy to use, and the way it' s implemented is very thoughtful!" is what it' s all about.

Oh yeah, Nitro, the iPhone doesn' t do 3G but it does do utilize Edge. I don' t necessarily think this is a good thing, but just sayin' .
ginjirou

RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 21, 2007 11:29
Well sorry, I respect your choice to buy the iPhone and I can see the appeal.
But there are so many people who make the iPhone more than it is. This usually never happens in the mobile industry. There' s hype of course but with Apple the whole thing just got overhand IMO.

I guess simplicity would be the one winning factor for the iPhone but as most often simplicity means limitations as we are now seeing in the iPhone. And I think people overestimate the difficulty of regular phones. As usuall, it' s a myth that Apple has created. They started saying that mobile phones are hard to use and of course people are starting to think " oh yeah true" while the truth is far from it. I know lots of smartphones can be tricky but seriously, only a retard would find it difficult to use regular phones in a smooth fashion.

Yet again Apple' s marketing confuses and deceives the masses.

I' m not a real, Apple hater. I mean I like the iMacs and that stuff.
But the iPod and the iPhone are jokes IMO. Not the worst products I' ve seen in their respective markets of course, but waaaaay overrated mostly due to Apple' s insane marketing which is why I get so pissed. Especially when Apple' s affairs affects whole industry' s.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 21, 2007 21:02
its more like the iGadget that makes phone calls.

One question, does the iPhone does abuse very well, one thing about my nokia is that whenever i drop it I know its ok and everything is working, dropping the iphone however...
ginjirou

RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 23, 2007 02:09
This is completely unrelated but
CLICK HERE too see what I think is one of the nicest looking cell phones ever.

Here are pics of the green one. Green is my favourite colour

Nitro

RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 23, 2007 05:38
That says S500i but on Play.com they only have the W580i which looks very similar. I' m actually in the market for a new cell. Make me some recommendations buddy. I don' t want a Walkman phone though...[:' (]

EDIT: I' ve found the S500i on Play.com.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 22 Aug 07 21:44:35 >
ginjirou

RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 23, 2007 11:26
Recommendations... eh... I dunno. I think it' s hard to give recommendations.
Especially since I don' t know what kind of phone you like.
Nokia N95 is a killer phone though. But you might want to wait until the 8GB version comes around.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Reviewing iPhone may be dangerous! - Aug 24, 2007 10:13
I' m getting a new cell phone and a new tv tomorrow. D:

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages