Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 00:30
Just downloaded it and got a little play time in. So I guess I'll give my play by play thoughts.

The download is under 500mb and went rather quick. First load is less than a second followed by a couple messages than a quick re5 title opening. Press start and you got that typical odd "Resident Evil 5" voiceover. In the main menu you got Play Game, Records(inaccessable), Leaderboards(inaccessable), Library(Inaccessable), Options(which has controller types [4total default is D]) and Credits. 

Hitting play game gives you 3 options Single Play, Co-op Online and Co-Op Offline. All open for use. No one has this yet so one of you get it so we can test some co-op. Anyways it gives you 2 missions (the two demontrated in all the videos Shanty Town and Public Assembly). Loading missions takes less than 10 seconds and than it begins...it looks supurb. I mean really really good. The controls take a little getting used to but manageble. However, in tight situations you may fumble a bit.

With setup D:
L trigger+R Trigger - Aim and Shoot/Throw
LT+A - Reload
LB+RT - Aim and swing machete
RB -Map
Y - Open inventory (does not pause opens mini menu that is easy to use but will cause problems for some)
B - Partner action (tell them to pick up something or to catch up or various context sensitive things
RT - Locate partner
X - Action button (open door, melee stunned enemy etc)

Now back to the game. The hud shows your life gauge, current gun, ammo, and remaining clips as well as your partners. Tucked off to the buttom right corner. And thats all there is in that front. Easy to read and understand.  As for the mission well i'll post videos up shortly but I'm sure you can find them online as well. I'll try several different methods and things to show how death is handled how much you may or may not need to watch your partner and various other things. I can say after oneplay through that is is very action geared, but very intense. Ammo is limited and the enemies are plentiful. You gotta play smarter than most shooters.

Sorry for the limited words but I'm no good at providing impressions. Hopefully someone else can do that but like I said i will provide some videos soon.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 01:10
I'll try to download it tonight. I'm not sure if I still have my JP account though.

I'll get a writeup done as soon as I can.
Johnny Jiron

Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 01:12
If you do, I'll probably be on if you wanna try out the co-op.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 01:18
It should be a late night for me. And we're in the same timezone. I think we should be able to make that happen. I'll get in contact with you somehow when I'm getting on.

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 03:37
Looking at your control setup it seems like it might feel like Dead Space. Would that be accurate?
Johnny Jiron

Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 05:57
Yeah altho with subtle differences. I cant fully recall how dead space felt. You can't shoot and move here however. 

Anyways I have 2 videos but my flickr account only allows 150mb limit and these are a bit more than that. Any recomendations? I know youtube does widescreen but does it still butcher the quality? I may put them up there for now until a better solution is presented. They are in SD as I cant record HD at the moment.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 15:37

You can't shoot and move here however. 
Do not want.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 16:33
not being able to move creates tension and makes the game harder. Its in there for a reason.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 18:20
There are better ways to make the game more difficult without hurting the gameplay.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 19:04

not being able to move creates tension and makes the game harder. Its in there for a reason.
Redundancy makes gameplay more enjoyable? This just killed multiplayer for me.
<message edited by mastachefbkw on Dec 06, 2008 19:06>
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 19:30
In theory it sucks, but I got used to it in RE4 and it contributed to the game's character.

I heard you can now strafe and shoot though, is this right Johnny?
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 19:44
I'm waiting on your impressions Eddie :)
immortaldanmx

Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 20:44
Who cares. Shitty Jap game design is shitty.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 21:00
immortaldanmx

Who cares. Shitty Jap game design is shitty.

Still badass games though
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 22:21
This may be a dumb question, but I will ask anyway. Do u have to buy a second gold membership and set it up for the Japanese Region, or how do u get a Japanese Account to dl the demo?
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 22:30
Yeah, sadly, you do.

Does anybody have a 48 hour trial? If so, I'll be able to do the review in a timely fashion. If not, it'll be after it becomes free to silver users.
immortaldanmx

Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 22:38
Eddie_the_Hated

Yeah, sadly, you do.

Does anybody have a 48 hour trial? If so, I'll be able to do the review in a timely fashion. If not, it'll be after it becomes free to silver users.

Im PM'ing it now, Mr The_Hated.
Johnny Jiron

Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 06, 2008 23:18
I set up a new account and it gave me a free one month gold account.

I don't think you can move at all while aiming...tho I keep finding a few new things with each play through. 
immortaldanmx

Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 07, 2008 01:18
Thats not tension, thats just homo. Did you get the PM, Eddie?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Resident Evil 5 Demo (Japan) impressions and videos very soon. - Dec 07, 2008 01:21
Can and Chim where is you been?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread