Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Reggie is NO jerk - confirmed!
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
Reggie is NO jerk - confirmed! - Oct 29, 2007 03:13
Just stumbled upon this interview by Reggie: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/10/28/BUM4SSC18.DTL

Nothing new, but I still think it' s nice to see that he is not talking trash, even saying nice things about games on other plattforms.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Reggie is NO jerk - confirmed! - Oct 29, 2007 03:19
I like seeing the Exec' s talk trash...Reggie is too tame. He wants to talk shit but he' s too busy bending over for Nintendo.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Reggie is NO jerk - confirmed! - Oct 29, 2007 03:53

he' s too busy bending over for Nintendo.

We really need a gif of Reggie bending over in front of Miyamoto
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Reggie is NO jerk - confirmed! - Oct 29, 2007 06:08

Reggie is too tame. He wants to talk shit but he' s too busy bending over for Nintendo.

What on earth are you blabbering about? He works for Nintendo after all!

I seem to recall prior to the launch of the Wii Reggie publicly stated that they had no intention of settling for a " Wii60" scenario, that they fully intended to be the market leader. That' s not exactly smacktalk but it was pretty loud and clear for what it was.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Reggie is NO jerk - confirmed! - Oct 29, 2007 06:25
Hehe, as I mentioned before. As soon as there' s something (remotely) Nintendo-related, people will find a way to criticize it somehow :P
< Message edited by ys -- 28 Oct 07 22:26:03 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Reggie is NO jerk - confirmed! - Oct 29, 2007 07:25
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Reggie is NO jerk - confirmed! - Oct 29, 2007 07:32

Hehe, as I mentioned before. As soon as there' s something (remotely) Nintendo-related, people will find a way to criticize it somehow :P

Yeah, especially people like me who admit enjoying their games. on forums like these .. we get constant hell. ROFL.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Reggie is NO jerk - confirmed! - Oct 29, 2007 08:27

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

Yeah, especially people like me who admit enjoying their games. on forums like these .. we get constant hell. ROFL.

Nah, everybody here knows that i rate Super Mario 64 as the best game of all time and i don' t get constant hell.

There' s a difference between liking Nintendo developed software, marketing or even their strategy in general, and coming accross as though you' re on some sort of crusade.

They came ito this generation the underdog and now they' re close to taking the title. Rejoice, by all means - just don' t be all gay for everything they do.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Reggie is NO jerk - confirmed! - Oct 29, 2007 12:58

What on earth are you blabbering about? He works for Nintendo after all!

I know, that' s my point. He' s being a model employee. I don' t care what the owners of Nintendo want him to say, I want to see them being candid and possibly let some humanity slip out, or some new inside information. When I think about Peter Moore, I think of a guy doing an interview holding a beer. With Ken Kutagari, well he was just entertaining. Naturally they' re both gone in their respective posts... figures. Reggie on the other hand is just a corporate dick, at least in this interview he is.

He' s not even speaking to gamers, they do these type of interviews to make the investors happy. He was basically just saying that they' re making truck loads of money, and they' re going to continue to make truck loads of money.

The questions look like Nintendo had them prepared for the interviewer, except for a few of them. Maybe that' s the problem with the interview, the questions are stupid...they' re not questions we should give a shit about. They hardly even talked about future games, only Wii Fit.

The whole interview only has three semi interesting questions and they' re in succession, you don' t even need to read the interview. These three are the only ones that matter:

" Q: Some people have said that compared with other platforms, Wii users are not as consistent using it. Is there a danger of this becoming a fad? Will people be playing this six, 12 or 18 months down the road?

A: What we' ve found is people are playing their Wii consoles frankly more today than the day we launched. We are finding that consumers are playing a wide range of software much beyond Wii Sports. I think the concerns about the Wii being a fad are overblown.

Q: One knock against the Wii and the DS is that they' re not as high-powered as their rivals. I' m wondering how concerned you are about that and how you plan to address that. Will there be improvements to the existing hardware?

A: Whenever we launch hardware we immediately start working on the next iteration. That is the way we keep our selves fresh and we keep ourselves from being disrupted much like we' ve done to our competitors. And so it is incumbent upon us to find the next great improvement to our system and we' re constantly in search of that.

Q: Why is the Wii still in short supply? What are you doing to address that? What will the picture be like this holiday season?

A: It' s about consumer demand. We have sold to date 4 million units in the course of 10 months. No system has done that before.

We have increased our projection of worldwide (sales) twice. The situation today is the more we put in the more we sell. The issue is the demand is overwhelming and we continue to be in a situation where product lasts roughly a day on the shelf.

We' re working very hard to rectify that but it' s not a production switch that can be simply turned on. It' s long-term planning that gets us to where we want to be. It' s a solution that will come into play unfortunately after the holidays. The direction we' ve given is start now to get the Wii under your tree."

All of these questions were good but the answer to the first one is contrived with no substance. The answer to the second question to me is the most interesting part of the interview. Again he didn' t say much but he almost acknowledged conserns about the Gimp, and insinuated that the next one will be more appropriately powered. The third one is a decent response to shut up these conspiracy theorists about supply issues. The other questions and answers are just white noise.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 29 Oct 07 5:03:20 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Reggie is NO jerk - confirmed! - Oct 30, 2007 01:44

Whenever we launch hardware we immediately start working on the next iteration. That is the way we keep our selves fresh and we keep ourselves from being disrupted much like we' ve done to our competitors.

People like Reggie, it' s their job to carry around a big sack of bullsh#t and spread it out generously. Like Nintendo not having a top-selling console since the early 1990s wasn' t " being disrupted."

I guess the difference is that I could actually see Peter Moore playing some video games every now and then. Reggie and Ken, I don' t think so.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll