Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 05, 2007 04:56
Awesome friggin game! Played it during the past two days and finished it at 3 am this morning! Loved the PSP game, loved their " PSTriple" outing, PLEASE tell me there' s a sequel in the works!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 05, 2007 05:34

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Awesome friggin game! Played it during the past two days and finished it at 3 am this morning! Loved the PSP game, loved their " PSTriple" outing, PLEASE tell me there' s a sequel in the works!!!

I' ve been playing a friends review copy ahead of the games release in PAL-land and i agree, the game is mindblowing - for the most part.

Stylistically it' s brilliant. The art direction is second to none. Gameplay-wise it' s really good but nothing out of the ordinary. The only issues i have with it are that it' s too easy and there' s some minor tearing and slowdown.

I was thinking that the more organic parts of the game reminded me of Oddworld. Probably because of the character designs...

I' m not sure how much replay value there is though, and i haven' t actually completed the game yet, but going off what i' ve played i' d definitely recommend it to anybody who has a PS3.

As for a sequel - they' ll be working on Resistance 2 first but i' m sure that there will be another R&C game. I' m guessing there will be a 2nd PSP game too.

To be frank i' d rather have a next-gen Jak game. Not only does Uncharted look godly but they' ve expressed a want to take the series in a new direction and i' d love to see what Naughty Dog is capable of post Drakes Fortune (which i seriously hope you' ll be looking at Terry)
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 05, 2007 06:36
I enjoyed the demo, I was surprised at how well made it was. I' m not a big fan of these types of games so I won' t buy it but I can see the appeal.
Terry Bogard

RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 05, 2007 09:42

Stylistically it' s brilliant. The art direction is second to none. Gameplay-wise it' s really good but nothing out of the ordinary. The only issues i have with it are that it' s too easy and there' s some minor tearing and slowdown.

For me, during some of those EXTREMELY rare moments in the game the camera won' t be where you want it to be.

I' ve always been a huge fan of platformers, and since the PSP Ratchet game was really my first full experience with the franchise, it' s easy for me to totally love this game since I never got to play the full version PS2 games.

I was thinking that the more organic parts of the game reminded me of Oddworld. Probably because of the character designs...

I was thinking the same thing! The visuals and some of the sound effects (alien creature sounds)!

I' m not sure how much replay value there is though, and i haven' t actually completed the game yet, but going off what i' ve played i' d definitely recommend it to anybody who has a PS3.

I' m currently halfway through the game on a second playthrough at a higher difficulty. I imagine there' s a great deal of replay just in upgrading all of your weapons and plowing through the enemies in the game. I can see myself finishing the game about 4 or 5 times before shelving it for a while..

As for a sequel - they' ll be working on Resistance 2 first but i' m sure that there will be another R&C game.

CANCEL Resistance 2 now and work on the next Ratchet game!
*ducks stray bullets*
Ok, ok, I was kidding!

I' m guessing there will be a 2nd PSP game too.

To be frank i' d rather have a next-gen Jak game. Not only does Uncharted look godly but they' ve expressed a want to take the series in a new direction and i' d love to see what Naughty Dog is capable of post Drakes Fortune (which i seriously hope you' ll be looking at Terry)

I' ll go for a next-gen Jak game to be next in line if the game is as great, if not better than Daxter for the PSP. I absolutely hated the original Jak & Daxter and haven' t played part 2 and 3 to see if they got rid of the gameplay elements I hated, but I did love Daxter on the PSP.

Oh, you can bet Quez' s bottom dollar I' ve got my eyes on Drakes Fortune!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 5 Nov 07 1:44:36 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 05, 2007 10:56
Is this the game that comes with the " slim" PSP?
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 06, 2007 16:34
Edit: misunderstood message..
< Message edited by kongrudi -- 6 Nov 07 8:35:04 >
Nitro

RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 06, 2007 17:46

I was thinking the same thing! The visuals and some of the sound effects (alien creature sounds)!

I swear i saw Munch more than once while i was playing it...

CANCEL Resistance 2 now and work on the next Ratchet game!
*ducks stray bullets*
Ok, ok, I was kidding!

Nah, ...even though i' m interested to see what they do with the Resistance sequel, i' d much rather have another platform game. Maybe not a Ratchet game though as i' ve played them all and it' s getting a little old now. A new IP would be nice, maybe somethings et within the same universe?

Oh, you can bet Quez' s bottom dollar I' ve got my eyes on Drakes Fortune!

Well the demo will be up on Thursday so we' ll be able to see whether it delivers or not...
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 08, 2007 05:30

Is this the game that comes with the " slim" PSP?
I think theres just Jack and Daxter and the SW: Battlefront bundles
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 08, 2007 05:40
This game looks amazing. I love the small humor in this game. I got into r & c on the psp. And I wish I got into it sooner.
Terry Bogard

RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 08, 2007 09:35

This game looks amazing. I love the small humor in this game. I got into r & c on the psp. And I wish I got into it sooner.

I' m kind of glad I didn' t get into it sooner than the PSP version cause that way I won' t be burned out on the series come the next installment :D
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 08, 2007 09:47

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

I think theres just Jack and Daxter and the SW: Battlefront bundles

Oh yeah. I always get Ratchet and Daxter and Jak and Clank mixed up.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 08, 2007 15:38
is this the PS3 game? or a PSP game?

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 08, 2007 15:47
PS3

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 08, 2007 16:31
weird its unreleased here, and we usually share release dates with the UK. I havent liked the first few ratchet and clank games, though this seems pretty cool, and it kinda beats heavenly sword, ill probably feel cheated getting that
Nitro

RE: Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction KICKS A$$!! - Nov 08, 2007 20:45

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

weird its unreleased here, and we usually share release dates with the UK. I havent liked the first few ratchet and clank games, though this seems pretty cool, and it kinda beats heavenly sword, ill probably feel cheated getting that

ORIGINAL: Nitro

I' ve been playing a friends review copy ahead of the games release in PAL-land

Heavenly Sword is a great experience, but not a great game. It' s more of a interactive movie than anything else. The cutscenes are amazing, but the gameplay is pretty weak.

Ratchet & Clank definitely isn' t for everybody, and it plays just like the previous games, so if you didn' t like them then you probably wouldn' t like this.

There are 2 Heavenly Sword demos (though the Kai demo for Heavenly Sword is only available on the Japanese store and will require a Japanese account to be set up) and a Ratchet demo available on the PSN, so it' s probably worth checking them out before buying anything!?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll