Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rampage' s Workouts 101
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 95
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 18, 2008 13:51
As I mentioned in the " Post Your Picture" thread I decided to create another thread devoted to working out. I' m glad several of you found interest in how I achieved my current figure and I really am grateful for all the compliments.

I guess I' ll start with a rundown of my workout style even though it was basically described in the other thread. We' ll say it' s a refresher, lol. Basically the workouts I do are quick workouts with balls to the wall intensity. If you aren' t cursing life when you are done the workout wasn' t good enough or you didn' t try hard enough. All the workouts focus on using multiple body parts (though this can be argued when talking about back extensions and sit-ups/crunches) to achieve the greatest amount muscular and metabolic stimulation.

Forget what most people try to tell you about working out. The whole 3 sets of ten for individual body parts is cliche, boring, and not as effective as what I do. Working out only three days a week to keep your body from being over worked... toss that out the window. Over eat to bulk up with heavy weights and then starve yourself later while going to strictly cardio to get the definition... what a joke. Traditional workout methods while effective are slow, boring, take forever to see results, and don' t transfer well into real world situations.

There are only a few things you need to focus on for this regiment as I said in the other thread. 1.) Eat right. Don' t count calories just watch what you are putting into your mouth. There' s a difference between being satisfied and full. Figure it out. 2.) Be consistent. You want to try to workout 4 days a week minimum. 5 to 6 is better. Guys at Gym Jones have gone on stints where they didn' t take a break for over a week and a half. 3.) Learn to accept pain and if possible make it your friend. These workouts are hard, they hurt, grown men have cried doing them, they' ve puked (my friend puked his guts out half way though one of my favorite workouts), but if it wasn' t like this it wouldn' t be worth it.

Saying that I' m not going to throw you guys into the hardest workouts right off the bat. The workouts I post for this week will be beginner level. They' ll still be challenging but I' m not going try and make you guys vomit. This weeks regiment will not require any weights, you won' t need to buy anything, and they shouldn' t take all that long to complete. I' d actually like to see several of you attempt it so you can post and compare results. This is a learning experience for me too because I' ve really only semi-trained two or three people since I started working out.

First, I' d like to provide you guys with some useful links.
Crossfit exercise demos- This site provides great video tutorials for tons of different workouts. You can learn a lot from watching them.

Gym Jones videos- You want some inspiration? Watch the video called " The Captain" . If you want to see what I look like after a workout watch " MSFU" .

Progression- My blog. You can see what I' m doing day to day. I' ll be doing a workout tomorrow but the rest of the week I' ll be in San Fran for GDC. I won' t be posting much until next week.

So here' s the schedule for those of you that want to give it a shot:

Monday:
10x Walking Lunge (10 each leg) +
20x Sit-up
5 rounds (record time)

Tuesday:
5x Pull-up +
10x Push-up +
15x Box Jump (find a something to jump on that' s 18" to 24" tall)
20 minutes, as many rounds as possible (record number and post)

Wednesday:
5k run (3 miles)
Any pace you want

Thursday:
Tabata Push-ups
Then:
Tabata Squats
(Just write how much it hurt. Remember that it' s 20 seconds of as many as you can do followed by 10 seconds of rest, 8 rounds. Do that for the push-ups first and then the squats)

Friday:
" Those Burpees Suck" (easy version)
10x Pull-up +
20x Box Jump +
30x Push-up +
40x Sit-up +
50x Burpee
(Record time. This is going to hurt like a bitch after the tabatas from the day before but like I said, this is the EASY version. Keep a brisk pace but make sure you are getting the full range of motion for each rep. If you aren' t the rep doesn' t count. Slow down when needed just make sure you have proper form every single time. You are looking for quality. Speed will come over time.)

It was actually really tough to come up with a weightless regiment, lol. I' m going to have to do a lot of research to come up with something new for next week. that' s something I should also mention. You don' t want to repeat workouts. The reason you body goes through changes while working out is because it' s trying to accommodate the work you are putting it through. Eventually your body will get used to a repeated workout and plateau. By keeping things varied your body can' t adapt and it will continue to get stronger at a constant pace.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 18 Feb 08 6:02:36 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 18, 2008 14:07
wheee just in time I been running out of money for proper equipiment. So now I can get the workout I need for the film...hmm I should definitly credit you.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 18, 2008 15:28
I am definitely giving it a shot. I am looking at that page with the exercises in the morning, as my English vocabulary galore for exercises is not as wide as the rest. One question though, what do you mean by the + symbols after some of the exercises?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 18, 2008 15:45

One question though, what do you mean by the + symbols after some of the exercises?

He probably means " or more" .
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 18, 2008 15:53
that is pretty iintense. I might try some of that, but I' m not going to go out running until it is warm again.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 18, 2008 21:26
It' s good to see some variations of things I usually do. I' ve actually been applying Tabata to a lot of my martial arts training for the last 6 months or so. I' ve come to loathe the 4 minutes of pain it entails but it' s effectiveness is undeniable.
Rampage99

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 18, 2008 21:42

ORIGINAL: Chimura

I am definitely giving it a shot. I am looking at that page with the exercises in the morning, as my English vocabulary galore for exercises is not as wide as the rest. One question though, what do you mean by the + symbols after some of the exercises?

The + is for when you are going from one exercise immediately to the next. these workouts aren' t like your normal workout where between each exercise and each set you take a break. Unless specified you flow from one movement to the next until the workout is over. In the case of Thursday' s workout notice how there is a " Then:" . That means you do take a break between the exercises. There' s no specified time to rest either. You can go ahead and recover from the first tabata though waiting anymore that 5 or so minutes is kind of pushing it.

For some workouts I will say you can take 1 or 2 minute breaks between sets. as long as the + is there though don' t plan on splitting things up. You are going from one exercise directly to the next which is one of the factors that makes this style so effective. You are getting your cradio in at the same time you are getting your strength in.

Edit:
I should clarify though that with some of these workouts you probably will need to take a few seconds between reps and stuff to catch your breath. When you get to the 50 burpees you won' t be able to do them without stopping every now and then to gasp for air. The + really comes into play for timing your workouts. The watch doesn' t stop until the workout is over unless split up by a then or a break is specified in the workout description. Any break you personally take is just hurting your own time. It' s up to you on how much you are willing to sacrifice.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 18 Feb 08 13:49:23 >
Chimura

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 19, 2008 12:47
Holy f&*^@*&^#&^#&#^*

I just finished, and I can barely breath. I am not kidding. That was about 15 minutes of pure torture. It feels good though... f*ck, I am lying, it feels like shit.

Rampage, my respect for you has increased a 1000 fold. Can' t *sarcasm, so it does not get lost in text* wait for tomorrow...
< Message edited by chimura -- 19 Feb 08 4:48:39 >
Rampage99

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 19, 2008 16:59

ORIGINAL: Chimura

Holy f&*^@*&^#&^#&#^*

I just finished, and I can barely breath. I am not kidding. That was about 15 minutes of pure torture. It feels good though... f*ck, I am lying, it feels like shit.

Rampage, my respect for you has increased a 1000 fold. Can' t *sarcasm, so it does not get lost in text* wait for tomorrow...

Lol, awesome man! 15 minutes is pretty darn good for a first attempt. Well done! Now just imagine doing that holding and extra 45 pounds during the lunges with two other exercises tied in. Stay strong dude and keep up the effort!
Mass X

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 19, 2008 23:23
WOuld you recommend those weight vest things? See apparently I' m pretty masochistic so stressing my body in horrific ways certainly isnt gonna be a problem lol
< Message edited by Mass X -- 19 Feb 08 15:24:00 >
Chimura

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 20, 2008 00:58

Now just imagine doing that holding and extra 45 pounds during the lunges with two other exercises tied in.

I' ll rather not

It scares me just to read it
Chimura

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 20, 2008 09:49
Ok, I did 2 rounds. I started the third and collapsed. My legs and abs were just too tired from Yesterday. I look forward to tomorrows running. It certainly looks easier than Thursday and Friday.
Rampage99

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 22, 2008 00:53
Mass, you won' t need a weight vest. Later on you could consider one but starting this regument there is no need.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 21 Feb 08 16:53:53 >
Chimura

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 22, 2008 07:46
I had to do the running today, it was raining yesterday. It felt quite nice compared to the rest of the stuff
Chimura

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 23, 2008 15:23
I forgot to record today earlier.

On the squats, I averaged about 17 each 20 seconds. The cardio work I' ve been doing includes lots of squats, so that wasn' t too much of a problem. It hurt a lot though.

Push ups, I averaged 15 the first 2 rounds, 5 the third and barely 2-4 the next couple of rounds. That hurt like a motherf.ucker
Rampage99

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 26, 2008 01:04
Well done Chimura. That' s a pretty good first week. Now you will start building up a mental tolerance to the workouts. That' s really the hardest part of the whole thing. This regiment is a mind f*ck more than anything else.

For today try:
MONDAY:
1 mile (1.6k) run +
40 burpees +
1 mile (1.6k) run
Record time.

I' ll have the rest of the weeks regiment up by tonight.

I' ve already knocked out my 5k this morning. It felt good to run again after that week off for GDC. I' m looking forward to my workout tonight known as " Kickstand" .
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 25 Feb 08 17:35:25 >
Mass X

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 26, 2008 01:14
Finally I can start. Gonna be a week behind but at least I know what' ll be coming at me. Had the flu for a while there.
Rampage99

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 26, 2008 01:34
Make sure you are recovered from that flu. Mixing this stuff with sickness is not a good combination. I' m speaking from experience.
Chimura

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 26, 2008 11:05
Ok, that took me about 30 minutes. Man, those burpees hurt like no other. But you definitely feel your body worked out completely.
Rampage99

RE: Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 27, 2008 00:00
TUESDAY:
20x Push-up +
20x Sit-up
4 rounds, record time.

WEDNESDAY:
50x Squat +
10x Pull-up
3 rounds, record time.

THURSDAY:
30 Meter Bear Crawl +
15x Push-up +
30 Meter Bear Crawl +
15x Sit-up +
30 Meter Bear Crawl +
15x Burpee
3 rounds, 2 minute rest between rounds.

Then:
Tabata Push-up

FRIDAY:
5k Run
Record time. Make this a swift pace that' s got you breathing heavy but not killing you.

Btw, Thursday will probably destroy your arms and chest. Take some time between the main workout and the tabata push-ups because the arms will need it. It' s quite possible that by the end of the tabata you' ll only be getting a couple reps in for the whole 20 seconds. Make sure you are at least pumping one rep out. Don' t give up on these.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 26 Feb 08 16:04:35 >
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 95

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread