Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rainbow Six movie update and other Tom Clancy movie info
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Rainbow Six movie update and other Tom Clancy movie info - Mar 28, 2005 09:37
IGN

I dunno Zack might make it a fairly good movie, he didnt do a bad job directing Dawn of the Dead.

Im more interested in other info on Splinter Cell.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Rainbow Six movie update and other Tom Clancy movie info - May 02, 2005 15:21
As big as a fan I am with Splinter Cell...I just can' t comprehend them making a movie out of this.

For instance, what are they gonna show?

80% of the movie showing Sam sneaking up on ppl or past them?!? That would be boring really quick.

20% of the movie mostly political talk of Sam' s objective and other relevant nonsense.

There' s only so much that you can do with Sam. I mean the elements and the purpose of Splinter Cell is stealth so, they can' t add any action packed sequences in it like Sam running away from a bomb or something. Cause I can guarantee that thru 90% of the stages on the games, you can beat them without being spotted. That' s the whole idea right? No interaction at all with anyone unless instructed to.

To be honest, I think that and it' s well overdue...they need to make a Metal Gear Solid Movie. That would kick ass. It would have a lot more elements in it and leave ppl griping thier seats at times. Don' t get me wrong, I love Splinter Cell and used to have a server up all the time called Akazunoma (Gateway to Hell). BUT MGS has a lot more characters and things to do. It can be a lot more action packed at times and a little overwhelming as well. I think audiences seek that more now rather than stealth. I think this movie will be geared more to fans rather than making big bucks or a hit.
< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 2 May 05 23:23:07 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Rainbow Six movie update and other Tom Clancy movie info - May 02, 2005 16:08
They are in work on a movie. Theres already a director possibly set. Ill get the info a bit.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Rainbow Six movie update and other Tom Clancy movie info - May 03, 2005 04:54
Yeah, I know..appreciate it Mass X. If you bought the Special Edition of SC3, fans were treated to the teaser trailor and other nonsense short movies. Haha....those were funny. Especially, the interview part where the guy had taken a black marker and wrote Echelon on his coffee mug. LOL. If you didn' t buy the Special Edition then you' ll have no idea to what hilarious and stupid short movies that you missed from the team of Ubisoft.
< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 3 May 05 12:55:36 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message