Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 RE5 racist?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 58
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE5 racist? - Jun 21, 2008 10:08
wow.

A couple weeks ago, a friend sent me a A couple of weeks ago, a friend sent me a YouTube link. He described it as “African genocide.” Not knowing what to expect, I clicked on it. What I witnessed for those next 3 minutes, was nerve-wrecking, painful, mind-numbing and heart-racing. It was a trailer for a Video Game called “Resident Evil.”

This specific trailer was an eyeful in the most horrid sense. It wasted no time in capitalizing upon the long history of blatant depictions of Africans as savages and helpless imbeciles. The trailer featured a Caucasian male mutilating African villages, along with Africans. With the not-so ancient history of colonialism and neo-colonialism in Africa, the issue of racial insensitivity and indifference must be brought to the centerfold. This patent-reality must be interrogated excruciatingly to expose the silliness of those who claim the 21st century marked the dawn of a post-racial world.

I don' t think I' ve read something this stupid in a while, but then again, I haven' t been to Kotaku in a while either.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 21, 2008 10:11
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 21, 2008 10:58

I don' t think I' ve read something this stupid in a while, but then again, I haven' t been to Kotaku in a while either.

I have to agree that it' s one of the dumbest complaints I have ever read. Did this same person complain about Resident Evil 4' s focus on killing spanish villagers?
.. Heck, how about Resident Evil 1 - 3 where it was basically ' White-on-White' crimes? In other words, tell the person complaining to please shut the f**k up!
mastachefbkw

RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 21, 2008 11:29

I have to agree that it' s one of the dumbest complaints I have ever read. Did this same person complain about Resident Evil 4' s focus on killing spanish villagers?
I was thinking the exact same thing. Of course, I can' t really understand it from a black person' s point of view, but to me it just seems fucking idiotic.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 21, 2008 15:52
This is pretty old stuff, but still, it has to be said it IS pretty stupid.

Don' t touch African people, you monsters! Oh, you can kill, stab and maim all the other ones, tough.
< Message edited by killemoff -- 21 Jun 08 7:52:44 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 21, 2008 22:36
Is it racist if I jack off when shooting them?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 01:04

Don' t touch African people, you monsters! Oh, you can kill, stab and maim all the other ones, tough.

Exactly. Also, you can only be racist if you' re white.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 02:07

I was thinking the exact same thing. Of course, I can' t really understand it from a black person' s point of view, but to me it just seems ***ing idiotic.

How DARE Capcom not stick to the same old and tired Raccoon City setting!!
How dare they experiment with different settings and try to keep the series fresh.

I' d love for a future Resident Evil game to take place in Japan, but I now fear of some sort of backlash if Chris Redfield is the protagonist.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 21 Jun 08 18:08:11 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 03:09
chris redfield should be black. and all the zombies should be korean. and the game should take place on the moon.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 05:03

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Exactly. Also, you can only be racist if you' re white.

Of course! ;)

I once read about a Swedish trial where the judge said that people could not discriminate ethnic white male Swedes. Notice also how gender was brought up there. The reasoning behind it was that a majority couldn' t be discriminated against. Which did make me think about the situation in South Africa for example though ;)

But about this game, " regular" tv also brought up this a few weeks ago. And it made me angry when one of the presenters kept on repeating the fact that the game was about " beating up and killing little negroes" . Now who' s condescending here?
And unfortunately the " game experts" present were idiots again who couldn' t explain a bit more about why the game was like this etc. Or that no one even said a single word during all the previous games. Especially since tv had edited their footage so you see Chris attack the black people first. No mention of course of the fact that he was being chased by them and that they are (some kind of) zombies out to kill him!

Some gaming site, I can' t remember which one, mentioned that the game might be considered racist in a society where there is a lot of racial tension. And I think that I agree with that since there is no racial motif or anything behind what' s going on in RE5. As far as we know of course :P
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 07:47
I think that american black people are the most racist people on earth. They still have this complexe of inferiority by making such idiotics comments, and they are definitly embarassing their own kind.

any race should be treated alike, by making any race " special" , this is a discremination in itself ! that' s what many black people don' t get !

When i was in the US, a random black guy came to me while i was waiting in the bus station, we start making aquintance and then suddently he started talking about the black power , how his race is powerful and special, talking about melanine in his skin and all sort of stuff to make a point; he' s the greatest race god has put on earth ! that was one of the wtf moments i had .

why the hell is he telling me this ? let alone this story, why black people always gather with each other, when i enter the restaurant in the universoity, black on the right and white on the left, they don' t mixe and it' s the black people who don' t try to. in fact they have no problem to make fun of a white guy or despise him because of his color, if they can. but if it is the other way around, people frown and say it' s racist. I' m sure capcom has no fucking intention to make RE racist, it has nothing whatsoever to do with that, it' s just a fucking game and since it takes place in africa it would be absurd to put whites as majorities, it doesn' t make any damn sense whatever the way you see it. it just makes those black people who open their mouth look weak and stupid. i say it again, they are an embarrassment to their own race.
mastachefbkw

RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 08:48

they are an embarrassment to their own race.
uh-oh, this thread' s about to get interesting
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 09:46

why the hell is he telling me this ? let alone this story, why black people always gather with each other, when i enter the restaurant in the universoity, black on the right and white on the left, they don' t mixe and it' s the black people who don' t try to. in fact they have no problem to make fun of a white guy or despise him because of his color, if they can. but if it is the other way around, people frown and say it' s racist. I' m sure capcom has no ***ing intention to make RE racist, it has nothing whatsoever to do with that, it' s just a ***ing game and since it takes place in africa it would be absurd to put whites as majorities, it doesn' t make any damn sense whatever the way you see it. it just makes those black people who open their mouth look weak and stupid. i say it again, they are an embarrassment to their own race.

Your coming off kind of over the edge. Take your time and expalin WTF you meant by your statement.

Boy you need to either explain or Apologize I' m am from the mother land your statements comes across a little fucked up.
By the way I don' t think you know all black people. They are basing this game in my mother land. And I don' t see anything wrong with it yeah its just a game nothing more than that. Although I will root for the zombies lol I just can' t go against my people.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 09:54
Chris rock put it really well, there are black people and niggers, and niggers gotta go... see that guy in the bus station , that was a nigger. and iii hate niggers.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 09:59
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=IZtQUEY1IU8
racism

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8&feature=related
How to not get your ass kicked by the police.

One of the top 10 comedians, easilly.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4GXb7-efd4M&feature=related
drugs
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 22 Jun 08 2:31:12 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 12:48

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

Chris rock put it really well, there are black people and niggers, and niggers gotta go... see that guy in the bus station , that was a nigger. and iii hate niggers.

Why did you have to use the ' N' word ?

I did not read the original article but did a black person complain about this ? More often than not its some eager non-black human rights reps who have problem with the small stuff ..
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 13:49

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

Boy you need to either explain or Apologize I' m am from the mother land your statements comes across a little ***ed up.
By the way I don' t think you know all black people. They are basing this game in my mother land. And I don' t see anything wrong with it yeah its just a game nothing more than that. Although I will root for the zombies lol I just can' t go against my people.

Well, as far as I know Aba himself lives in what you call your motherland ;)

And I' ve heard so many politically correct people say that there are no races. Yet somehow it' s still " my people" against the rest :P

ORIGINAL: 2pac

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

Why did you have to use the ' N' word ?

I did not read the original article but did a black person complain about this ? More often than not its some eager non-black human rights reps who have problem with the small stuff ..

He did so because Chris Rock, being black himself, used these exact words in his joke while complaining about " niggas" . If you watch his standup routine about it you' ll see how he explains the difference between a black person and a nigga :P

< Message edited by ys -- 22 Jun 08 5:50:07 >
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 14:05
Saying i hate ' nigg**rs' isnt right . Ok maybe i am being too politically correct but i feel its wrong . Didn' t everybody rip on immortal for saying stuff like this a while ago ?
mastachefbkw

RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 14:13

Boy you need to either explain or Apologize I' m am from the mother land your statements comes across a little ***ed up.
Seriously, can you just call it Africa? The motherland is a tad bit over the top.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: RE5 racist? - Jun 22, 2008 14:37

Saying i hate ' nigg**rs' isnt right . Ok maybe i am being too politically correct but i feel its wrong . Didn' t everybody rip on immortal for saying stuff like this a while ago ?

Why should it be wrong? People can say white trash, spic, red-neck, etc and so on and they are not considered racist? Almost 100% of the people don' t give a shit. But saying nigger gets everyones boxers in a knot. Frankly, I think that' s BS. Either we should be allowed to say the word nigger, or then people should also get angry by using other, equally derogative terms about other races. No race is special.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 58

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message