Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 RE5 playtime 20 hours?
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE5 playtime 20 hours? - Jun 04, 2008 01:27
According to Jun Takeuchi Resident Evil 5 will take about 20 hours to complete.

Another piece of information in the article is that they' re about 60 percent done in development
Source
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: RE5 playtime 20 hours? - Jun 04, 2008 06:46
What I don' t understand is if resident evil 5 is 60% complete. How do they know already that it takes 20 hour to complete. not complaining. It never took me more than 15 hours to complete any previous resident evil games. so this is good news you know.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: RE5 playtime 20 hours? - Jun 04, 2008 07:13

What I don' t understand is if resident evil 5 is 60% complete. How do they know already that it takes 20 hour to complete. not complaining. It never took me more than 15 hours to complete any previous resident evil games. so this is good news you know.

Most developers don' t work level by level by level, working every detail as they go. They create a barebones level, and then add in terrain details, destructable environments, and the like, with characters and AI added last. They could have a guesstimate for how long the game will take from a 30% complete game, if the game' s levels are barebones, with placeholder textures and " stupid" characters.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: RE5 playtime 20 hours? - Jun 05, 2008 00:13
If you had read the article Shin Ishikawa it says

" Right now, in the development process we' re about 60 percent of the way through," producer Jun Takeuchi said to Joystiq. " We' re figuring that the total play time in the game will be over 20 hours."
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: RE5 playtime 20 hours? - Jun 05, 2008 00:56
i do not want another dmc4 backtracking heaven, seriously you get to a certain point ion that game and then you go the whole way back and fight all the bosses again.

nice design choice.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: RE5 playtime 20 hours? - Jun 05, 2008 04:01

i do not want another dmc4 backtracking heaven, seriously you get to a certain point ion that game and then you go the whole way back and fight all the bosses again.

nice design choice.

Well, the backtracking in RE4 was pretty minimal compared to previous RE' s and DMC4, so I don' t see why this one wouldn' t stick to RE4' s.

More than 20 hours? That' s a lot of RE. I like this.
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: RE5 playtime 20 hours? - Jun 05, 2008 06:57
Looking at the new gameplay trailer of resident evil 5. The games look chanllenging and harder than any previous reident evil games. They show allot of enemies at once. I wonder how you suppose to fight so many. They should let you choose the difficulty level you like from easy to hard. This is another game I am anticipating this year! I heard the game could launch on october or november.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: RE5 playtime 20 hours? - Jun 05, 2008 09:44

Looking at the new gameplay trailer of resident evil 5. The games look chanllenging and harder than any previous reident evil games. They show allot of enemies at once. I wonder how you suppose to fight so many. They should let you choose the difficulty level you like from easy to hard. This is another game I am anticipating this year! I heard the game could launch on october or november.

Even with the huge amount of enemies, I still found Resident Evil 4 (and all others) easier than the original Resident Evil. And this is professional mode we are talking about. Now the Mercenaries mini-game, that' s a whole different beast
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: RE5 playtime 20 hours? - Jun 05, 2008 11:50

ORIGINAL: Chimura

Even with the huge amount of enemies, I still found Resident Evil 4 (and all others) easier than the original Resident Evil. And this is professional mode we are talking about. Now the Mercenaries mini-game, that' s a whole different beast

yeah resident evil 4 wasn' t that hard for the gamecube. Your right resident evil one was kind of hard., I also found resident evil 3 hard. that nemesis was a pain in the ass. I never finish it and Resident evil 0 was pretty hard. But in the trailer of resident evil 5 they show like 20 enemies at once. That' s what scared me the most.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll