Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Quake Live Invites (last post)
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 53
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Quake Live Invites (last post) - Dec 22, 2008 18:37
So i got a pass key to the beta and have been playing a couple of hours today.

It installs right into your browser, a smooth install and you can play while it downloads content onto your pc, if you are missing a map it takes less than a minute to get up to date and into the fray.

The gameplay is smooth and fast as Quake 3. Framerate is high on my pc, and i guess it will for most pc's.

Its fun though im not as good as some as the others im generelle not the worst in matches :)

I can clearly recommend trying the game should you get the chance, i know what ill be spending my christmas days playing :)
<message edited by Vx Chemical on Dec 27, 2008 17:13>
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 22, 2008 19:14
Vx Chemical

So i got a pass key to the beta and have been playing a couple of hours today.

It installs right into your browser, a smooth install and you can play while it downloads content onto your pc, if you are missing a map it takes less than a minute to get up to date and into the fray.

The gameplay is smooth and fast as Quake 3. Framerate is high on my pc, and i guess it will for most pc's.

Its fun though im not as good as some as the others im generelle not the worst in matches :)

I can clearly recommend trying the game should you get the chance, i know what ill be spending my christmas days playing :)

Damn you, I thought this thread was going to be about Quake 3 for XBL. They announced it forever ago and havent said anything since....
Vx Chemical

Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 22, 2008 19:36
No no dan, this is the shit, you cant play Q3 on a console its impossible, forget about that abomination.
immortaldanmx

Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 22, 2008 19:40
Vx Chemical

No no dan, this is the shit, you cant play Q3 on a console its impossible, forget about that abomination.

Perhaps. But why do I want Quake 3 in a web browser? I have it on my PC.

And Im hoping Quake 3 will push MS to allow M/K. Even if they dont, XBL and everyone having a mic would still be nice.
Vx Chemical

Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 22, 2008 20:26
but quake is fast, ill fill like 80 year old playing it on a console, besides on a web browse you have it with you everywhere.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 22, 2008 21:50
It's also free.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 22, 2008 23:31

It's also free.
Insert incoherent babble about nothing being free.
Vx Chemical

Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 23, 2008 07:16

Insert incoherent babble about nothing being free.

Its paid for with adds,

There are some banners around the levels, but i dont have time to relaly like at them because im dodging rockets.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 23, 2008 21:25
I used to hate in-game advertising. However, I've come to see the tradeoff as perfectly acceptable.

I prefer games that update their advertisements too. I can't stand looking at the same ancient ads for an outdated product every time I want to pop in an old game. Does that make me weird?
Vx Chemical

Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 23, 2008 22:50
Iv been trained in school not to notice adds, in games tv or magazines. Its quite useful :)
immortaldanmx

Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 25, 2008 03:03
Eddie_the_Hated

I used to hate in-game advertising. However, I've come to see the tradeoff as perfectly acceptable.

I prefer games that update their advertisements too. I can't stand looking at the same ancient ads for an outdated product every time I want to pop in an old game. Does that make me weird?

I have to agree. A billboard here, an ad on a loading screen there, as long as it allows the dev a larger budget or the game to be cheaper and it does not affect my end-user experience in any way.

And VX, what class where you taught to ignore ads in? That sounds like something the sheeple in America, nay, everywhere, need.
Vx Chemical

Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 25, 2008 10:35
immortaldanmx

Eddie_the_Hated

I have to agree. A billboard here, an ad on a loading screen there, as long as it allows the dev a larger budget or the game to be cheaper and it does not affect my end-user experience in any way.

And VX, what class where you taught to ignore ads in? That sounds like something the sheeple in America, nay, everywhere, need.

It was in Danish and english class, we were taught how advertizers  focused their commecials how to break them down. Once you understand how the adds work, you just stop noticing them.
Vx Chemical

Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 27, 2008 17:14
I have 2 invites for the beta, so if anyone wants a go at it :) feel free to message me or write here :)
immortaldanmx

Re:Quake Live Impressions - Dec 27, 2008 20:36
Vx Chemical

I have 2 invites for the beta, so if anyone wants a go at it :) feel free to message me or write here :)

To anyone who has never played Quake 3: Take him up on this offer as quick as possible.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Quake Live Invites (last post) - Dec 27, 2008 23:39
I'd like one VX.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:Quake Live Invites (last post) - Dec 28, 2008 02:25
so would I ..
Vx Chemical

Re:Quake Live Invites (last post) - Dec 28, 2008 07:57
mail me your email addresses or write them here..

my mail is soeren (at) rothman.dk
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Quake Live Invites (last post) - Dec 28, 2008 09:02
My email is in my profile.  Or you could just PM us.  Thx
Vx Chemical

Re:Quake Live Invites (last post) - Dec 28, 2008 10:51
Well i need the emails :) ill look in yoru profile :)
Vx Chemical

Re:Quake Live Invites (last post) - Dec 28, 2008 10:52
Your email adress isnt there send me an email or post it here, i need the email adress so i can add that address to the beta :)
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message