Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Psychonauts
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Psychonauts - Jan 30, 2008 04:10
So, I finally got my hands on this game. Literally! I wasn' t going for the XBL ' classics' download, although I think it' s a great idea... I just love to have the actual box and disc and manual, artwork, etc. But I' ve been looking for this game on and off for over a year and am glad to finally play it through.

The first thing that jumps out at me... as soon as the interactive title screen -- Oh, that' s where the Super Mario Galaxy designers got their idea for the tiny planetoids. Same thing with the level inside Nein' s mind. Am I wrong? Were their games prior to Psychonauts with tiny planets that you could jump off of and then be pulled back to on another side?

Aside from that, I' ve just played the first couple of hours and it already seems to have more diverse and unique levels than most game designers allow themselves in recent years. It already has me convinced not to make the same mistake twice: Brütal Legend will be a day 1 purchase for me.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Psychonauts - Jan 30, 2008 05:04
YAY another has joined us very few very limited Psychonauts fanbase!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Psychonauts - Jan 30, 2008 05:08
PSYCHONAUTS RULES!!!!!!

Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Psychonauts - Jan 30, 2008 05:33

PSYCHONAUTS RULES!!!!!!

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Psychonauts - Jan 30, 2008 11:03
The humour was great in Psychonauts, but I was never a fan of the platforming and item collecting gameplay in the game. I dunno what it was because I usually dont mind it. It was like Assassins Creed, really wanted to keep playing but did get repetitive at times.

I stopped playing about half way through unfortunately. Day of the Tentacle was better imo.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 30 Jan 08 3:05:33 >
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Psychonauts - Jan 30, 2008 12:17

Day of the Tentacle was better imo.

Good old days with Lucas' adventure games, gosh I miss those.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Psychonauts - Jan 31, 2008 00:58
More devs need to look at games like Psychonauts and realize that just because the hardware on consoles is more powerful then before, doesn' t necessarily mean that every game they make has to look absolutley realistic.

Team Fortress is another good example of this. In its own style, it is a great looking game, but I know some of my friends that won' t even give the game a try because it is " cartoony" .
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Psychonauts - Jan 31, 2008 20:00

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

PSYCHONAUTS RULES!!!!!!

" -Now that i have the brain of a little girl, i can make an army psico-tanks!

- You have a brain of a little girl!? I bet you have the arms of a little girl too!"

Priceless stuff, indeed.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message