Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Play live
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
Play live - Mar 17, 2008 21:01
here are my views and thoughts on what was the first ' Play.com' live events.

Play.com live, hmm well let’s see, it was held at the newly built Wembley Stadium, ok in the function rooms, it was spread over 3 floors and was still cramped. M$ looked to have the biggest stand although it wasn’t strictly a Microsoft stand it was to show off Rock Band on the 360, yep not showing it on the PS3. In all truth the PS3 had a very poor showing, even the Sony stand was constricted and looked very amateurish, they were showing prologue and whilst there was a buzz, it wasn’t as popular as the 360 stands. Ubisoft were showing off Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and whilst the game looks good, the appeal was lost by the use of small screens. In fact this seemed to be par for the course; except for the Rock Band / 360 stand everyone was using small screens.
Sierra was showing demos of Ghost busters and prototype, both look good as a demo hopefully this will transfer to the full game. Code masters were showing Race Driver Grid, this looks good and plays quite well, but it lacks a ‘Wow’. In fact that was the story of the event, there was no ‘wow’ to be found anywhere. Even meeting Robert Llewellyn (Kryten from Red dwarf or as I said to him Scrapheap challenge (which is good fun)) didn’t make up for it.
Apparently Play want to make this an annual event, if they want to do that, they need to get the format right and try and factor in some game releases, because on this showing it can only be looked at as a glorified day at an arcade, with a few small bands and a couple of ‘famous’ people thrown in for good measure.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Play live - Mar 18, 2008 04:18
Did anyone else go to this? I had to give it a miss but am keen to hear people' s thoughts on it and see photos if anyone took them...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll