Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 18, 2007 05:30
http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/07/17/552114.aspx

Crap,I liked peter moore.

New Head for the xbox360 and games is Don Mattrick,some kind douchebag probably.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 18, 2007 05:51
Well, now I' ll never see him with a Shenmue III tattoo :(

Hmm well I really liked Peter Moore and being affected by his work for almost 10 years I have to say that I am a bit sad about his leave. I considered Peter Moore to be one of the most charismatic people in the video game business, and unlike other people working in such positions as his, he wasn' t even half as much a spin doctor. He also seemed to be a really likeable guy judging by his interviews.

I just hope that new dude taking his seat won' t be some idiot.

< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 17 Jul 07 22:53:21 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 18, 2007 08:07
Bleh, another one bites the dust. I can' t stand seeing anybody working for EA Sports, no less Moore.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 18, 2007 12:41
From what I read at Kotaku, hes getting paid like $3.5 million dollars(providing that he stays with them for 2 years) pluss 50,000 in stock shares which right now equal $4.5 million, and they' re giving him the option to buy more.

...also the guy whos getting Moores job sort of reminds me of the guy who was in the 40 Year old virgin

Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 18, 2007 17:01

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

From what I read at Kotaku, hes getting paid like $3.5 million dollars(providing that he stays with them for 2 years) pluss 50,000 in stock shares which right now equal $4.5 million, and they' re giving him the option to buy more.

...also the guy whos getting Moores job sort of reminds me of the guy who was in the 40 Year old virgin

LOL Masta

BTW does anyone know how much he was getting paid when he worked for Microsoft? Geez hes done well for himself hasn' t he!
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 18, 2007 18:54
Leaving there too now? He seems to like moving around. From Sega to Microsoft and now to EA.
alimn

• Total Posts : 145
RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 18, 2007 19:04
^& Then maybe to SONY !LOL!

Regards-Alimn
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 18, 2007 19:24
More about Moore
WIKIPEDIA
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 18, 2007 20:21
" He was previously considered a possible candidate for the CEO position at EA."

Don Mattrick is a big shot,hey?!

aum k...

I guess we all thought MS was fucked up after Ed Fries left and kikizo interviewed him and you could hear his opinions,but what did we get?
Peter Moore and J.allrd :) so lets give this douchebag a chance too.

ys

RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 18, 2007 23:58
From that Wikipedia article :

Moore played a pivotal acting role in the company’s decision to change its business strategy to become a platform-agnostic software publisher.

Nooooo! Curse you! ;)

Anyway, things like these always make me think. Doesn' t it feel a bit...weird/dishonest to stand there a few days before and talk about " we at microsoft" and 360 this and that. To then resign a bit later.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 19, 2007 00:54
By pushing Sega in that direction I think he saved the company.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 19, 2007 01:36
I suggest reading this article over at Eidolonn' s Inn: http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=SegaBase+Dreamcast

It explains detail what important things Moore did for Sega during the Dreamcast times, especially in the US market.
ys

RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 19, 2007 01:37
Yeah I know. He did well businesswise and got a lot of trust from Sega Japan. They practically gave him all the funds they had to try and save the Dreamcast in the USA.
But as a fan it wasn' t as interesting to see this change in course I meant.

Edit : Evilkiller managed to link to an interesting article while I wrote this. I read it before and it is long but very good for those who want to know more details about the Dreamcast.
< Message edited by ys -- 18 Jul 07 17:39:12 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 19, 2007 09:05

BTW does anyone know how much he was getting paid when he worked for Microsoft? Geez hes done well for himself hasn' t he!

I think kotaku said a little bit less than $500k + signing bonuses
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Peter Moore resigns from MS,he gonna work for EA sports now - Jul 19, 2007 10:31
oops
< Message edited by immortaldanmx -- 19 Jul 07 2:32:13 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread